TwiJack 1,045 members · 283 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
bookplayer
Group Admin

I decided I want my next fic to be TwiJack, but none of the ideas I have are doing it for me right now. Other people might be in the same boat.

So if anyone out there has a TwiJack idea, you can drop it here and people can claim it. Of course, the writers might change a lot of details, this isn't for ordering a fic you'd like written, just trying to spark creativity.

Hopefully, this will lead to more TwiJack fics, which is always a good thing. :twilightsmile::ajsmug:

Well there's this idea I've had for a TwiJack fic where the two are already dating before Twilight became a princess, and going into how Applejack feels about her girlfriend becoming a princess while still dating a farmer from Ponyville.

Then there's this other fic I want to do where the subject of children comes up, the Apple family is known for its... fertility, so whether this would be a universe where F/F couples can have kids via magic would be interesting, especially Twilight who may or may not have considered children ever before. Of course for that one I was gonna have a Twilight who always was aware of her sexuality, and Applejack who only recently realized she was into mares, but I would certainly avoid the "Homophobic Apple Family" trope

If any of those idea seem interesting feel free, you'd certainly write any of them better than I could

Twilight is practicing some weird magic she found in one of the books Cadence lent her, she cast it on herself after a bad translation on it's effect, making her fall in love with the first pony she sees, who happens to be Applejack. Applejack has a crush on Twilight, and when the Unicorn reveals her feeling to the farmer, Applejack just can't resist the urge to kiss Twilight. The effects of the spell disappear after a while and Twilight is unsure of what to do with AJ.

Twilight and Applejack fall in love, start dating, smooching, that whole song and dance. The twist is, all of this is seen from Apple Bloom's perspective, who just sees that her big sister doesn't have as much time for her anymore. Drama happens.

Hmm... do you like Equestria Girls? I had this one idea that the Twilight of that world was dating Applejack (in secret or not is up to you), but she and her family left for some reason; my theory was that the Twilight of that world was the one Sunset Shimmer crushed. So when MLP Twilight comes through the mirror and starts her quest, Applejack thinks it's her again, and tries to rekindle the feelings.
When of course she realizes the truth, EQG Applejack is disheartened, but MLP Twilight tries to encourage her to keep the faith in her friend. When MLP Twilight comes back, all the time spent with EQG Applejack makes her realize how close she and her Applejack are, and thus decides to try asking Applejack out.

For a non-EQG one, here's a couple ideas:

• Trixie wants to date Twilight, but Applejack doesn't trust her and thus stays close to her friend; thus finding out just how much she has in common with her.
• An awry spell makes the two role-switch, with Princess Applejack and farm pony Twilight Sparkle. Only Twilight knows that something went wrong, and has to get close to Applejack to fix it all, before the magic that caused it starts to cause serious havoc. The romantic twist will be if when getting close to Applejack, not only does Twilight start to fall for her, but she doesn't want to hurt her in implying AJ's "not good enough" to be a princess... or that Twilight starts to wonder if she should have been the princess all along.
• Rainbow Dash and Rarity have a discussion on which of their friends would be a good couple. When it gets to Twijack, Rarity is all for it but Rainbow Dash tries to dissuade the idea. Fun for if you want to dissect the pairing!
• Or, why not go where no one has yet to go before? What their kids are like! :raritystarry:

bookplayer
Group Admin

I haven't even seen Equestria Girls, and I think the EqG idea is amazing. I probably won't write it (cause I haven't seen the movie) but you have some really cool ideas. Someone needs to write that.

Luna and Celestia go on a much deserved vacation (possibly at Twilight's insistence because Celestia hasn't had one in a thousand years) as well as giving them the chance to bond. Twilight is left in charge and relies on her friends to run the kingdom with her. Applejack ends up taking a sort of second-in-command role and realizes just how much responsibility Twilight is taking on, but also how much GOOD she can do for Equestria. They are all under a lot of stress, and Applejack ends up overworking herself as much as Twilight, driving the pair together because Applejack refuses to leave it to Twilight, and under the stress of the situation, they start to gain a new appreciation for each other (or alternatively, one or the other has had feelings they've been hiding for a while because of worries about divergent futures which end up leaking out under the stress).

But all of this is giving Applejack a taste of a whole new kind of responsibility, and combined with her feelings for Twilight, she has two things now binding her to the capital, not to Sweet Apple Acres, which is ostensibly her destiny. Can she go back to Sweet Apple Acres after realizing how much her country needs her, and Twilight's desire for her presence affecting her judgement on the matter? Could be bad for Twilight, too, given that she doesn't want to "ruin" her friend's life by forcing her into things she never asked for.

Here's my idea:
So one day, not having done it in a while, Apple Bloom decides to sneak into her sister's room while the latter is out in the orchards with Big Mac, and read her diary. In the diary, she finds out that AJ has had strong romantic feelings for Twilight.

After a few random things from a few years ago, she eventually comes to the first day of the Summer Sun Celebration when Twilight first came to Ponyville. Right from there, AJ describes her as the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Bloom continues to read on, reading about how each moment AJ shared with her unicorn friend was special to her, some moments from the show, some the writer can feel free to make up. She may even comedically read some dirty fantasies AJ might have had about the beautiful unicorn. :ajsmug:

As the years go by, AJ's feelings for Twilight grew stronger, developing from a simple crush to becoming undeniably in love with her. She also acknowledges that despite being a unicorn, and the apprentice of the princess, overall being part of a world that AJ isn't fond of, it does not affect her love for Twilight.

That is...

Until the day Twilight became a princess. :rainbowderp:

After that, Twilight pretty much returned to Canterlot, her career as a princess taking flight (no pun intended :twilightsheepish:), and having to get more involved in politics, and having less time for her friends. Since then, AJ's felt a gap between her and Twilight widen. She felt as though Twilight were drifting down a road she knew she couldn't follow. Her heart started to break from that point. She never showed it to anyone though, and managed to keep up a happy facade for everyone.

But her heart was shattered when Twilight met and fell in love with Flash Sentry (and optionally, the two had recently become engaged). Again, Aj managed to hide it from everyone. After this point, AJ knew that she could never be with Twilight, that the mare she had admired for so long would never be with her. And so the last thing Apple Bloom reads in the entry is how AJ regrets that she never told Twilight her true feelings. :fluttershysad:

But then...
(This part is optional) The story suddenly takes a dark turn when the diary reveals that AJ's love for Twilight had gone as far as an obsession, and that she had been planning to have Flash killed :pinkiecrazy:; she had called a hit on him, hiring a hit-pony from the Pony Mafia (or in my version, a Saurian named Kara'Jaun, who she pays in gemstones). She does acknowledge in the diary that doing such deeds and keeping them to herself has done a number on her conscience. She does feel horrible about it, but she will not rest until Twilight is hers.

The assassination had been successful, leaving Twilight devastated. Once some of the shock had gone away, AJ had tried to be there for Twilight, but still for some reason could not quite move on her (or tried and was unsuccessful). At this point, she hires her the hitman again to somehow immobilize Twilight, and bring her to AJ. At this point, AJ had locked Twilight in another secret cellar she had installed herself in the orchards of Sweet Apple Acres, where the two of them can finally be together.

At this point, before Apple Bloom can read any further, AJ's voice suddenly startles her from behind.
"Apple Bloom! What are ya doin' in my room?"
Startled, Apple Bloom drops the book. AJ at first is shocked.
"Are you reading my diary?"
After a brief moment of silence, Bloom unable to answer her big sister out of fear, she speaks again.
The last thing AJ says, the last line of the story, is this:
"How much did you read?"

The End. :pinkiecrazy:

So? How does that sound? :pinkiehappy::raritystarry:

1690286 That is abjectly horrifying.

Twijack stories usually need a source of external conflict because they are both quite good at resolving internal conflict. One stumbling block is Applejack's strong ties to her home which makes it more difficult to put them in a new situation. In light of this, here's an idea I had that would give them challenges while keeping them in Ponyville.

Mayor Mare announces that she will not be running again at the end of her term, citing stress. The ponies who decide to run are not of great popularity and the townsfolk don't really want any of them. By the Ponyville town charter, the runner-up in the mayoral race is chairmare of the town council/deputy mayor. Twilight and Applejack are responsible enough to vote, but didn't pay much attention to the campaign. Therefore, it comes as a total surprise to them when they take the two largest slices of the vote. The meat of the story would be them just trying to run the town.

Possible problems to throw in their path:
Applejack is responsible and fair, but she would also have a lot of power to help the farm. Would she feel guilty when she took actions that helped or hurt farmers?
Twilight seeks perfection and organization, but a lot of government is granting exceptions. When somepony request a zoning exception, how will she deal with it?
Rainbow Dash and possibly Fluttershy report to the mayor. How will they deal with having authority over their friends?

2024742 So what you're saying is, Ponyville en masse writes in Twilight and AJ because "fuck those other guys?"

2024742>>2025192

Vote for:

* Pony A
* Pony B
* Pony C
* Fill out name of a different pony!

This is honestly the best idea I've seen in the thread yet. I'd love to read this.

I doubt there are all that many ponies who would run. If Mayor Mare stepping down was a surprise, most of the ponies who would make good mayors would be unlikely to run. Some ponies who could run, with explanations of why no one votes for them.
Lyra, few ponies know her and the ones who do think she's a little crazy.
Davenport, he doesn't explain much so it's not really clear why he's running or what he'd do if he won.
Flitter, who is rather smug and entitled towards the voters.
Faced with options like these, I can see ponies having conversations like this
"It's really too bad that Mayor Mare stepped down, she has been great for this town."
"Who are you going to vote for? None of the ponies running seem like they'd do a very good job."
"I worry about our town's future with candidates like these."
"Won't be too bad. If there's a real problem, the elements of harmony could fix it. Remember when Applejack headed off that stampede? Or how Twilight Sparkle carried the Ursa out of town?"
"I suppose with national heroes in town we can survive a bad mayor. They have shown that they can pick up the slack."
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Idea:
Ever since the Changeling debacle up in Canterlot, Applejack has harbored feelings of guilt. Why? She basically dismissed the claims of a pony she considered "family". To add insult to injury, she hadn't been strong enough to help her when the chips were down. Sure, Twilight's forgiven her by now, but she hasn't forgiven herself. As such, she's taken it upon herself to never let her friend down again. And, as the disasters keep on coming, Applejack continues to see Twilight pushed into danger, and find herself unable to help as much as she wants. When Twi becomes a princess, she can only see more and more trouble on the horizon. And, with the new developments in the Everfree (the loss of the Elements), Applejack is terrified of the future. So, she becomes Twi's unofficial "knight".

Drama and romance ensues.

Bonus points:
The psychological impact of obsession vs. devotion gets explored
Apple/Onion Knight
Apple Family Knight Heritage

SHL

I liked the idea. Some good writer can make an awesome story of this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17