Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So I was just wondering if anyone know of any other types of serpentine mythical monsters that are not on my list (I will add others to the list as they are discovered).

• Gorgon (Medusa)
  • Lamia
  • Naga
  • Hydra
  • Dragons
  • Wyrm?
  • Kobold
  • Leviathan

Are there any others you can think of?

Kiyohime

Lizardman of Ore Scape Swamp

Kobolds

Lizard people in general

- Salamander (A Lizardman/Lady that Leads with flames like a Wizard)

- Fire Snake

- Nagah ( Hava no Honor/ Betray their Allys and use Venoms, They are very Similar to their Naga so they mingle very well, when a group is betray and then encounter a genuine Naga Trouble ensue)

Basilisk

If it counts, elementals can sometimes be serpentine

Also, Wyrms would fit under Dragon, since they're a draconic subspecies. If we're counting them all separate, would need to also include:

Drakes

Wyverns

Amphipteres

Lung Dragons

Yan-ti

Basalic

Fire viper

Sea serpent

Graboids

- Lindwrun

- Wrum

IIRC Cerberus actually had a mix of snake and dog heads in some tellings. Does that count?

I want to say Cockatrice, obviously. But there is another serpantine bird monster that is not a "cuatal" creature. I thought it was called an 'Ookami' but when I looked it up I discovered that was the name of a mythical wolf monster. I know it is similar to a cockatrice but I have no idea what it is called, and I know of at least one Harry Potter crossover where the protagonist had a female one' of said creature as his familiar/delivery bird instead of Headwig.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9