The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE 1,058 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I have read a couple of stories set after 'Magic Duel' where Trixie is the most hated pony in all of Equestria. She can't even set foot in any town without being ridiculed, assaulted, run out of town, and other stuff of that nature. Do you personally believe Trixie deserves this? Do you think Trixie should be punished at all? Does she deserve to be 'the most hated pony in all of Equestria?'

Well, it's tough to say because on the one hand. She was really cruel in that episode and tried to take over Ponyville but at the same time, when she apologized, it did seem sincere or at least as sincere as your going to get from Trixie. So I'd say, I'd understand the town being hesitant about letting her back in and the ponies having their guard up. So in a sense, she does deserve some hate but I'd rather read stories where she tried to redeem herself and Ponyville slowly learned to trust her.

Hell no she doesn't deserve it!!! After all, she is Trixie, the best pony in the show :trixieshiftright::trixieshiftleft:.

I can't even remember like 90% of what happened in Magic Duel, so I dunno. The Trixie I remember is the one from Boast Busters who was open to a million different character interpretations and spawned some pretty amazing fanfics.

See, I think the idea that she would be so widely hated is absolutely ridiculous for one main reason.

Ponyville is fucking tiny

Who the hell gives a crap what happens in such a small town? So what if some magician shows up and tries to takeover? Apparently no one gave a shit when Discord popped in for spell. They all seem to forget that pretty quick. So, it makes no sense to me that the entirety of Equestria would have a grudge against Trixie, even taking into account the fact that she assaulted one of the Elements of Harmony. It just doesn't make logical sense.

So yeah...

I don't think she really deserves it. There was the Alicorn Amulet doing a mental buck-up to her. I mean for god's sake, look at Twilight in 'Lesson Zero'! And that was with no outside influence whatsoever.

The most reviled pony in Equestria after Magic Duel? I'd say that's a stretch. I'm sure the ponies in Ponyville probably don't have a lot to say about her, but I don't see ponies in Appleloosa caring all that much beyond hearing that she's a douche.

The real kicker is that Twilight forgave her. Twilight is one the most influential ponies in Equestria. I'm sure if she's willing to vouch for Trixie, especially about the mind control amulet, then others are willing to forgive her, as well.

Sorry, if two similar posts go up. My original post seems to have disappeared...

No she doesn't. Trixie is most hated? What about Sombra? Or Nightmare Moon(not Luna herself, but the dark part of her that became NMM)? What about the Writers that give us immortal Alicorn Princess Twilight?

I say she deserves some of it, it kinda depends on how fast news travels and apparently news travels pretty well in Equestria if all of the towns she went to after the Ursa Minor incident kicked her out. The Alicorn Amulet thing i'm pretty sure made it all a heck of alot worse for her. She might have sincerely apologized to Twilight, but noone else really saw it, and which is more likely to be in the news; "Trixie enslaves town and is defeated!" or " Trixie apologizes for past misdeeds and is forgiven!"?

Now, does she deserve it? Not really. What comedian tells a story about kicking a tiger in the crotch and expects their audience to go get a tiger to prove he did it? Really Snips and snails fault all the way on that one.I do feel like she has some big issues to deal with though that makes her pretty unlikable in the canon. But with saying that she is Best pony to me as I have loved most stories she's a main character in. : )

861920 To be fair though, if Sombra or NNM walked into a town and didn't have their powers, I think they would be tossed out on their asses, if they were lucky. Trixie just has the bad/good luck of being a villain-like character who got to walk away without being blown up or turned to stone.

My thoughts near to a tee.

Snips and Snails were largely at fault for the Ursa.

While she may have wanted revenge she didn't want what happened. Alicorn Amulet was largely at fault.

News stories negatively showing her are much more likely to circulate than those showing her in a good light.

Deserves it? Naw. She was genuinely remorseful, and the worst of it was due to the influence of a dark artifact. (The wheels line shows pretty clearly she is losing her mind. The fact she actually wanted to usurp the princesses at the end further cements that, since it started solely as a way to get back at Twilight.)
Can I see it happening? Well. She was getting pretty badly shunned already, for something that wasn't really her fault. I can see it if the rumors spread fast enough. Not everyone in Ponyville is likely to be as forgiving as Twi and her friends.

I'm a giant fan of trixie her persona is just perfect, with that being said I can imagine her having alot of enemies but that isn't going to malke her the most hated in equestria. I think it should be more along the lines of Luna if anypony in equestria should be hated after all the alicorn's alter ego tried to send the land on a downward spiral with eternal night, not to mention that she was forgiven not a day later.

No she doesn't.

All of it started when she first came to ponyville.
The Ursa incident wasn't even her fault.
Snips and Snails lured it into town with the belief that Trixie would have been able to stop it.
They didn't bother to ask, "How difficult was it?" or "How much destruction was left after the battle?", but I guess that didn't matter because Trixie made that up.
In the end everyone pointed fingers at Trixie, not Snips and Snails (Which I don't understand)
I don't think anyone ever said anything to those two idiots now that I think about it.

The impression I got when she picked up the amulet was that she was pissed because of how she was being treated everywhere she went, which I can understand.
So to shut everyone up, she went back to ponyville to kick the crap out of what everone saw as, "The heroine that saved the day and showed everyone that Trixie was a dirty liar".

What I want to know is if the arrogant/Prideful Trixie on the show is actually a stage gimmick.
Last time I checked, most magicians kinda need those to help draw in bigger crowds and gain more money.

i could not agree more with everything you have said

Does she deserve it?
Nah.

She wouldn't exactly have much stage presence being the Modest and Sorta-okay Trixie. Who would come to watch a Fluttershy-esque stage magician?

Then she embarrassed a bunch of ponies heckling her show. The horror!

Was she a bit of a bitch? Sure.
Did she deserve a bit of comeuppance? Yes.
Does she deserve to have her whole life driven to ruins, with her home and livelihood destroyed? I can't imagine how that's a fair trade for being a mild pain in the rear.

Does she deserve it? No.

However, this is the mare who's little white lie ruined her career and life and the idiots who caused it were rewarded with awesome mustaches.

The amulet was an attempt to fix said reputation but it corrupted her to the point of evil.

Therefore, while I don't think she deserves it, I can understand all the same. It makes a bit of psuedo-sense. Unless the winged unicorn we all know and love vouches for her (which is never stated in Magic Duel. I don't even know if her FRIENDS know of their made-up) it is very likely and almost certain that she is hated, despised and probably being hunted by the royal guard.

It would be a cool story bro, however, if Trixie returns to Ponyville after getting her life (semi-)back on track only to be hated by everyone there but Twilight.

For a great and powerful reason! She NEVER looks at Newspapers? Why? She trust them less than wheels!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17