• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 1,100 Views, 24 Comments

Spike - Garino



A crazy combination of MLP and Gex, starring Spike as the snarky lizard himself

  • ...
0
 24
 1,100

1. Meeting in the Dome

The Dome, Time Unknown

Larry moaned as he woke up from his sleep. He remembered the hand grabbing him and his friends and pulling all 7 of them into his TV. They fell into the static void, and then...blank. He had no idea when he blacked out, or how. But he also noted that he was short a friend. Or two. Scratch that, EVERYONE was missing! Larry surveyed his surroundings. He was on a catwalk, it seemed. Looking over the edge, it looked like a lot of high-tech stuff. Turning behind him, he saw a huge satellite, with four colored beacons hitting the top. He decided to walk around and find the sources of the beacons.

No sooner had he started walking did he crash into someone. Literally. He tripped and fell face first onto the ground. "Hey, what was that for?!?" a voice yelled. Strange. It didn't sound like his friend. Larry got up to confront the voice, but didn't see anyone. He looked all around before the voice said, "Down here, big guy." Larry looked down and saw a small, purple-scaled dragon with green dorsal scales running down its back. Larry's jaw dropped. What was a DRAGON doing here?!? Oh, today was NOT a good day for this human.

Spike looked at the human for a moment, nodding. "Are you the one responsible for bringing me and my friends here?" he asked. The human was CLEARLY not very helpful. He just stood there, wide-eyed, jaw open, and paralyzed with fear. A quick blast of green fire quickly got the human's attention. "HEY! I'm talking to you, big guy!" Spike said furiously. He was surprised when the human said, "What was that for?!? And my name's not "Big Guy," it's Larry!" Obviously not a social human, Spike thought. "Anyway, I'm not responsible for you, Tiny, I'm in a bind myself right now," Larry said.

Now it was Spike's turn to take an insult. "My name is Spike, not Tiny! And how do I know you're not lying to me?" Larry stared at the baby dragon for a moment. Spike stared back with the same intensity. After a moment of silence, Larry finally said, "It's up to you if you want to believe me. Right now, my friends are in danger, and I don't have time to babysit." He turned to leave and continue his search, but he felt claws dig into his back. Spike sat on Larry's shoulder and said, "Hate to break it to you, but I'm coming with. No way am I looking for my friends on my own." Oh, and having me for company is better? Larry thought.
________________________________________________________________________
Place and Time Unknown

The monster chuckled at how easily he captured his prey. A human and pony was trapped in all 6 worlds. The Cemetery, New Toonland, the Jungle Isles, Kung Fuville, Planet X, and even his own little haven. It was a shame he didn't quite capture the human inventor, or the purple pony's little assistant. But still, he had 12 potential mascots all lined up. He could take his time. He turned to the white unicorn in the cage beside him. She wasn't like the other prisoners. She stared at her captor darkly. "Just you wait," she said. "Once Spike gets here, you will regret capturing us!" The creature laughed. Not maniacally, or evilly. Just...a normal laugh. He approached the cage and said, "Do not be so sure. My world does not play by the rules of yours. He will fail. And you will all help me achieve my dream of global domination." His other jailed subject, a huge man with more brawn than brains, replied, "Like we would EVER help you! Larry knows this place like the back of his hand!"

At this, the monster looked curious. "He does, does he? Well, I can always fix that." With that, he turned to his screen and turned it to the Dome's camera system. On the catwalk were Spike and Larry, both approaching the Cemetery's portal. It was time to make his presence known, and a scapegoat was needed to make his point clear.
________________________________________________________________________
The Dome, Time Unknown

Spike looked at the plastic box again. It looked like a coffin. Except it had the glass screen of that "television" that Twilight had created. On it was a skeleton laughing. Every so often, it would seem like two were on the screen at the same time before it went back to one again. "Are you sure this is how it works?" Spike asked his new friend. "As far as I know, yes," Larry replied. "Just touch the power button, and we'll be transported to a different place."

"Oh, it's never that easy," a raspy voice objected. The two heroes turned to find what could effectively be called a television reaper. In one eye was a 3, as if it were counting down to the time a show would be on, while the other eye looked to be a Standard Broadcasting Test, colored and without the annoying beep. The monster had no legs, instead hovering just a little off of the catwalk Spike and Larry were on. Spike didn't know why, but he just couldn't stand the look of this thing. Larry knew exactly what this thing was, though.

"You..." Larry said. "I thought a certain Maui lizard already kicked your sorry behind and left you crying for mommy." Spike stepped away from Larry. Apparently, the two had a history, and he didn't want to be caught in the crossfire. The beast chuckled evilly and said, "So that boy was right: you know about me, and the Media Dimension." Neither Spike nor Larry noticed, but their foe was starting to create a ball of energy in his hand. "But for my plan to work, I can't allow a smart one such as yourself to live. You'd simply lead the lambs to the slaughter." The energy ball shot out of his hand and hit Larry square in the chest, hurtling him over the catwalk. Larry would find that the fall was long, boring, and would end with a hole in the shape of his body where he landed.

Spike, for his part, could only look on in horror. "I guess now it is your turn to suffer his fate," the monster said maliciously. Spike didn't wait for him to follow through with his threat. He pressed the power button on the coffin TV and was sucked in before the reaper could even charge another shot. Not that it matters, he thought. He is simply a baby lizard. He cannot possibly hope to save everyone. The lord of the Media Dimension finally gave a full-hearted, evil laugh that would put many B-grade villains to shame.