• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 777 Views, 49 Comments

portals, ponies and cybertronians - unusablechaos



a triple crossover from portal, mlp and transformers prime

  • ...
33
 49
 777

hunting shadows

Portals, ponies and Cybertronians

Chapter one: on the hunt for shadows

It was early morning.
Twilight stood on the balcony of Canterlot. She couldn’t believe it, she was a princess! An Alicorn! Even though it had already been a month she was still worried she’d wake up one morning and find it was all a wonderful dream. And yet she was sad.
She didn’t know why and she barely noticed it.
“But enough sad thought.” She thought. “I’m a princess after all I have every right to be happy... right?”

Celestia walked on to the balcony.
“Twilight? Its 5:00 am what are you doing out here?”
“I was just... thinking.”
“That’s a very good thing for a princess to do, especially a new one.”
“Hmm.”
“So what were you thinking about?”
Twilight wasn’t about to tell Celestia she wasn’t sure about being a princess.
“Um... I was thinking about the other villains, you know Discords been reformed and Luna is no longer Nightmare moon, but what about king Sombra and Chrysalis? What happened to them?”
Celestia sighed.
“That’s been on my mind too recently.”
“It has?”
“Yes, I know Chrysalis will return at one point or another, but king Sombra... I thought he was destroyed but... recently I have been sensing a dark presence, similar to his if not the same.”
“Wow.”
“I was going to tell you this all tomorrow, but it seems I’ve already spilled the beans.”
“Why were you gonna tell me this tomorrow?”
“Because... I need you and you’re friends again.”
“For what, Celestia?”
“To see if king Sombra is still alive.”
“And if he is?”
“Hunt him down and get rid of him.”
This surprised Twilight deeply.
“You want me to hunt down and... and murder a pony?”
“When he took over the crystal empire he was no longer a pony.”
“Then what was he?”
“Simply a shadow of the greediest unicorn that ever lived.”
Twilight thought for a moment with her wings ruffled.
“Alright prin- Celestia, if that’s what you think is best then I’ll gather my friends and leave tomorrow.”
“Very good Twilight.”


Optimus prime walked into the control room.
“Optimus!” said Ratchet. “we have a problem.”
“What is it Ratchet?” said Optimus.
“Yeah what’s going on?” said Jack walking up, followed by Miko, Raff and agent Fowler.
Ratchet walked up to one of the control panels.
“We’re picking up some strange activity in Michigan.”
“Decepticon?” said Optimus.
“No, worse.”
“Unicron?”
“No... Do you remember Equestria?”
“Oh...”
“Eques- what?” said Miko.
“You remember that trip we took in space?” said Arcee.
“Oh yeah, and you crashed in the one place with the ponies and that one Dis-whatever guy.”
“yes.” Said Ratchet. “as it turns at some point we must have passed through an inter-dimensional portal in space, other wise we never would have landed there.”
“Most likely created by Discord.” Said Optimus.
“And do you remember the portal we came home through? It must have been an inter-dimensional portal as well.” Said Ratchet.
“point being?” said Jack.
There is potential for an inter-dimensional portal to open... and that’s not all.” Said Ratchet “there have been strange tremors and other odd things happening.”
“I’ll go alone and investigate.” Said Optimus.



“An Autobot ground bridge has just opened in the area humans call Michigan.” Said Airachnid.
Megatron raised an eyebrow. “Are there any Energon deposits there?”
“None the ship can detect sir.”
“Curios, I’ll go and Investigate.”
“By your self sir?”
“Is there any reason why I shouldn’t?”
“Um... no lord.”
“then shut up and get out of my way.”



Chell sat on the companion cube outside the rusty shed that was Aperture’s back door. Just as she had done for three days since leaving the enrichment center.
She had no idea what she was going to do now, she had tried looking around, but the field seemed to go on forever.
“I wish something would happen.” She thought
But as they say be careful what you wish for.



GLaDOS sat, or rather hung in control of Aperture laboratories which she had dubbed several times the greatest facility on earth. Well at least since she’d been created. Chell was gone, Wheatley was banished into the vacuum of space Ironically along with the space core (even though GLaDOS believed he deserved more), lower Aperture was once again sealed, GLaDOS had new test subjects and Caroline was deleted, all was well... almost.
GLaDOS still wondered what had happened to that lab rat, Doug Rattman.
And a part of her honestly missed Chell.
Though she would never admit it... fully.
“But no time for that.” She thought. “Back to testing.”


Twilight stood on the train platform with spike, waiting for the others.
"where are they?" said Twilight nervously.
"calm down Twilight, they'll be here before the end of the world, I promise." said Spike sarcastically.
"not funny spike, if king Sombra is still alive he may just bring about an apocalypse."
"oh for ponies sake Twilight I was just making a joke."
they both rolled their eyes

two minutes later.

"Twiligh it's good to see ya." said Applejack.
"you to A.J." said Twilight.
"how have things been at heehee Canterlot castle?" said Rarity
"good, boring and being treated like, well a princess." said Twilight. "I've missed you guys so much!"
"we've missed you too, Twilight, after all whats a party with out the Twilicorn!" said Pinkie
Twilight laughed. "please don't call me that pinkie."
"aw, I worked hard on that joke, I thought you'd like it."
"I do it's just not something I'd like to be called on a regular basis, I'm still the same pony."
"but with power!" said Rainbow dash
"guy's..." said Twilight
"please can I call you the Twilicorn?" said Pinkie.
"enough!" said Spike. "the princess has spoken nopony is to call her the Twilicorn."
"Spike!" said Twilight her wings ruffled up in anger. "I don't need you're help."
"I'm just doing my job Twilight"
the princess of magic rolled her eyes
"ALL ABOARD!" shouted the conductor
"alright come on every pony lets go." said Twilight.
"but Twi!" said Applejack. "ya haven't told us where we're goin yet."
"I'll tell you on the train, come on!"

on the train.

"now Twilight" said Rarity. "please tell us where we are going and why, all you're note said was..."

I need you all to come to Canterlot train station immediately.
it is a matter of great importance.
including king Sombra and the fate of Equestria.
sincerely, Twilight

"... and we guessed it was important so we all came to Canterlot as soon as possible."
Twilight nodded "as the note says it involves the fate of Equestria and king Sombra."
she then explained the situation to them.

Author's Note:

any relations between the transformers and my little ponies is referring to another one of my fan fics namely "Discords new plot" (which sucked) so fare warning you don't have to read it to understand this one but if you want to