• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 4,839 Views, 38 Comments

Spike's Nightmare - BaconBrony



Spike is on his way to take his date to a night on the town, but what happens when she turns him down for another?

  • ...
32
 38
 4,839

Wake Me Up

“Today is the big day!” Spike said as he stepped out the doors of the Golden Oaks Library almost hitting his head, now that Twilight was a Princess; she lived in the Royal Palace. Spike was old enough to take care and live by himself, Twilight made him a deal, which stated that Spike could live by himself, but he was to take care of the books and the library and that he shall visit Twilight whenever she had the chance. Plus he also wanted to prove to his crush, Rarity, that he was a mature and responsible adult, and today was the day that he would take her out! She finally said yes!
. He checks the time on his watch, 10:30 a.m, “Still plenty of time to pick up some flowers on the way to Rarity’s.” With this he took to the sky, leaving a cloud of dirt where he once stood. He scanned the marketplace for where the flower shop he always goes to pick up flowers when he visits Rarity. When he spotted the shop he drew back his wings, did a back flip and dove straight down towards the earth. He opened his wings just at the last second and slowed just in time to land on his feet and dash into the flower shop. “Hey there, Summer Blossom; How are you today?” Spike said as he noticed the radiant and elegant mare standing behind the counter with her beautiful purple and red toned mane and her dashing white coat, all complete with her tiny gardening apron. Spike started to have second thoughts about visiting Rarity today to stay and be with this pretty mare standing in front of him.

“Umm.. Spike you’re drooling.” The mare known as Summer Blossom said in a monotone voice and a blank expression. “Do you always have to drool at me every time you come to my shop? Not that I don’t appreciate the attention.” She said once Spike picked his jaw up from the ground and got rid of the lovesick look on his face. “Let me guess, you’re going to visit Rarity again today?” Summer Blossom said as she looked at her inventory, “Don’t worry buddy I gotcha covered, red roses right?”
“Well, Summer Blossom I wanted to try something different this time because she finally said yes to me taking her out on a date. Maybe I will try some white roses this time? What do you think?” Spike said as he sniffed the white flower sitting right in front of him.

“Hmm… Not a bad choice lover boy. And it’s also nice to see that she is willing to give you a chance. Let me get those wrapped up for you okay. It will only take a minute.” Summer said as she gave a wink in Spike’s direction, which caused him to turn a shade of crimson. Spike could feel the heat rising from his cheeks as he watched her leave into back of the shop swinging her hips more than normal. He could tell she was teasing him, but he didn’t want to think of her when he was about to go to Rarity’s. “Maybe I can ask her out on a date? She is really beautiful.” Spike whispered in a low tone, however Summer Blossom heard him and entered the room unexpectedly with a smile and caught Spike off guard.

“Glad to know to know you think I’m beautiful Spike. These flowers are on the house! No pony has given me any compliments in a while, Thank you Spike.” Summer Blossom happily cheered as she leaped over to Spike and pulled him into a great big bear hug. “O-Oh Y-You’re Welcome Summer B-Blossom.” Spike found himself stuttering and blushing while she hugged the life out of him. “As for that date, I gladly accept your offer, but it has to be when you’re not seeing Rarity.” She said pulling away from Spike to let him get ready to meet his date. “You better hurry it’s almost time to be at her house isn’t it?”
“OH BUCK! I’m late I better fly fast! Thank you for the flowers!” Spike yelled as he dashed out the flower shop and took for the sky careful not to damage the flowers.

“There he goes. If only he was mine I could show him what true love is.” Summer Blossom bowed her head to the floor of her shop and tears started to flow from her eyes, “Why can’t he see that I care for him? Why can’t he open his heart and let me in? If he only knew….”

Spike was headed to the Carousel Boutique to meet Rarity, and then he got a wild thought “She will be so surprised to see me! With white roses, maybe she would even go as far as to give me a kiss?” Spike pondered the outcome on him and Rarity kissing, he played it over and over, he smirked and flew a little faster, but still being mindful of the flowers he had she slowed his pace a little. He was soon arriving at the building of the magnificent Rarity; he slowed his pace even further and landed a few feet from the door to compose his excided nerves and to make sure is appearance is good as well. As his confidence rose enough he was about to knock on the door, when he heard somepony(s) coming to the door. He put his ear up to the door to listen in and figure out the voices. Well first he could make out Rarity’s voice, that was a given, but he couldn’t make out the other pony’s voice. It sounded like a stallion, it was more masculine than feminine that’s for sure, but he couldn’t put his claw on it. “Now that I know it’s a stallion I don’t like this one bit, but maybe he is a costumer? Hmmm…Let’s find out?” Spike thought to himself as he listened in closer.

“Well that sounds tempting, but I already have plans for this evening darling.” Spike heard Rarity say to the stallion, which he assumed that he asked her on a date and turned him down.
“Come on Miss Rarity it is one of the fanciest restaurants in Canterlot, and I have already made reservations for two and I would like you to accompany me.” The stallion said to Rarity which made her gasp and shout, “CANTERLOT! Oh of course I will join you! Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“Well I was trying to, but you kept cutting me off saying that you were busy or that you had plans.” The stallion spoke to Rarity, “Oh yes that, well I suppose I could respectfully decline our plans for this evening and go with you to Canterlot.” Spike felt the heat rising to his cheeks, and the tears rolling down stung his face. His balled up fists crushing the white roses, the flames of hatred and disgust filled his stomach and his heart. He looked up toward the sky; it was a bad day for rain……

As he heard the door opened, he looked toward the mare that would be his downfall. She gasped as she realized that Spike was there and was in tears. “Why was he is tears? What could cause….Oh my Gosh he overheard me!” She thought as a look of terror plastered itself on her face. As she opened her mouth to say something to Spike, he put his claw over her muzzle to shut her up.

“Save it Rarity, I heard everything, everything you said, everything he said”, he gestured toward the stallion; “I have to say this is really heartless even for you. Do you know how long I planned this evening? Months, too many to even count. It took me a couple years to grow a pair and ask you out on a date. Now that you have shown your true nature, please just leave me alone. Stay the Buck away from me. Forever” Before he gave Rarity a chance to speak he took to the sky. To cry his eyes out, to go talk to Twilight, to clear his mind, but most importantly to be alone and seek revenge.

“I’m Done with love, it’s pointless, all it ends up doing is getting me hurt.” With this Spike flew toward the Castle to speak with Twilight.

Author's Note:

Well i decided to change the story up a little, for better of worse we will see what happens, BUT for now enjoy the story and tell me whatcha think