• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 5,661 Views, 101 Comments

SpikesXLuna the Sequel - Faithful Brony

  • ...
23
 101
 5,661

Announcement

The sun was setting and Princess Luna sat there at her window with a nice view of it. However it did not hold the same serenity for her today. Her mind would not let her see its beauty for she had something troubling her mind to no end. She recently came to terms with the fact that Spike was hiding something from her and she didn't know what. At first she thought it was nothing, just chalked it up to being under the weather but was trying to act tough and hide it. Today she could not shake the feeling and it was agonizing for her.
The feeling was not new to her, after all no pony truly forgets the feeling of mistrust the first time it happens. She remembered that day well, because it was the day she turned into Nightmare Moon. That day one thousand and three years ago, she had lost so much trust in her sister. Princess Celestia had refused her proposals to move the ponies far away during the beginning of their ruling. She said it would divide the healing kingdom forever. Instead she turned towards the Crystal Ponies of the Crystal Empire for help.
She asked them to use their Crystal Tower and the Crystal Heart to spread harmony all over the area. In doing so would project harmony all over Equestria. The plan worked of course, but Luna felt betrayed by her own family who she thought she could trust and vice versa. Her own sister however decided to follow her own ideas instead of what she suggest, without even a second thought. After that Luna just got angrier and angrier at Celestia. That of course led to the darkness taking her over and turning her into Nightmare Moon.
That led to the battle between her Lunar Republic army and her sisters Solar Empire legion. Luna promised herself something after she got sent to the moon. That once she got out, those feeling would never again plague her mind and yet here it was. The worst part is she did not know why it was so. Spike was literally putting his life in danger by telling the rest of Equestria the news just so they could be together. What more did he need to prove.

"Maybe Celestia will know what to do, she was in a relationship once herself." Princess Luna leaned over and kissed Spike on the cheek and his face flushed a deep red. The sight brought a smile to her face, knowing that she could make him blush even in his dreams. It even made her laugh a little. Heading out of the room she went down several corridors pausing at the entrance to the throne room for a second before opening it. The sun goddess sat upon her throne pillow reading a rather long piece of parchment, probably a list of requests from the nobles of Canterlot.

"This is ridiculous, why do they continue bothering me with their trivial matters and incessant whining, cant they solve these problems on their own or are they so spoon fed they need me to do everything for them, and they cant seriously expect me to enforce this," Celestia said with just a hint of annoyance. She then noticed her sisters presences.

"What have the Nobles asked you to do this time, punish a common pony for being in the same room, make tolls for anypony that's not rich," these were often the ridiculous demands that those snob nobles would create. Certain rules made things difficult for Luna to deal with them. She could not use her usual methods that she had when ever a pony demanded something from the princesses. Unfortunately putting a pony in a cage and allowing other ponies to throw rotten vegetables at them was frowned upon in Equestrian society today, things had definitely changed in the long time she had been gone.

"This one has demanded that I take away some families house and everything they own just because their daughter and this nobles son were friends. His exact words were, she has corrupted my son with her poorness and he may become one of them if they are not removed. Oh and don't get me started on this other request to block off Canterlot to anypony that cant pay the rich ponies toll to get in which by the way is also ridiculous, one thousand bits each." Luna grabbed the parchment to see for herself and sure enough the demands were numerous and probably a mile long.

"Just who do those ponies think they are, well I got a solution to fix the problem, she took the parchment her telekinetic hold and incinerated the entire thing, making it disappear. Now sister I have a troubling matter that is a real problem."

"Please tell me what troubles you Lulu," Celestia said now interested in what Luna had to say.

"Well I feel like Spike is not telling me something and I cant figure out what, I don't like feeling this mistrust but I don't know what else to do. We tell each other everything and have never kept secrets from one another. now I get the feeling that hes trying to distant himself from me and I don't know why," Luna said with worry.

"Now Lulu, I'm sure there are something's about you that you haven't told him. You cant expect him not too as well. I'm not telling you what to do since its your relationship but, when he feels ready to tell you he will. Until then, just leave it alone. I found out a long time ago that stallions, or in your case dragons want to figure certain things out on their own and will keep it to themselves. Just wait and see what he does."
Celestia knew males preferred to do that over asking for help but she could never figure out why. In the two life long relationships she had, they were hard working and virtuous. The first was when she was young, maybe fifty years old and the second one when she was three hundred years old. She was the only pony who remembered the first and there was little documentation left from the second. Of course time usually washes away most history. She had told Luna about the second one because that's the bloodline Prince Blueblood came from.
That was hard enough to explain so she never mentioned the other to anyone. She believed Luna would figure this out. After all, she is expected to have at least one thousand years of happy memories with Spike. Celestia was glad she would experience a long relationship before Spikes passing.

"Thank you sister, I guess I have been worried over nothing, most likely, anyway so how are things going for tomorrow."

"Well the girls have been all over that the entire day, or at least until they fell asleep from exhaustion, and some of the plans they came up with are fool proof, nothing will be able to happen to you while you and Spike speak at the announcement."

"I will thank them at a more appropriate time then. For now I guess we got to do our celestial duties," she emphasized this by pointing at the window. Celestia promptly looked towards it seeing the sun at the horizons edge wanting to set for the day. She gave a chuckle and followed her sister to the unified Celestial Tower which had recently been finished in its construction. The tower stood as a symbol of the sisters old bond remade. The tower itself was a magnificent work of ingenuity.
It stood four hundred feet from the base of the mountain up to twenty feet above the castle. It was connected to a bridge that led to a new built in section of the castle. As the princesses approached they could sense the magic imbueded into every brick making it virtually indestructible to natural disasters or warring attack. When they reached the top, the view could not be described, (but I will try to do my best anyways). The sisters could actually see Manehatten, Grand Pony Bay, and Ponyville as if they were right in front of them. The many forests that littered the valley, and the many mountains nearby.
The most amazing view however was not that, it was the view of the sunset over the ocean. It was made perfect by a scene of twilight as the sun sat on the threshold of the horizon. The sisters took stance as Celestia began glowing and raising her horn to the sky. She proceeded moving it down till the sun was gone from sight. Luna took stance soon after and repeated the same process making her moon rise. She began pulsating brightly with a blue light as stars began appearing into sight.
Once she was done the sisters looked at her work. The sky was clear and many of the constellations were now visible. A new pattern also dotted the night. A star formation that was shaped into a picture of Spike. Celestia felt a tear fall from her eye. This was a tear of pure joy for her sister.

"Lulu I'm proud of what your doing, you are following your heart and I'm sure you will be happy with him. There is no one more perfect for you than him and I"m sure he feels the same," the two sisters nuzzled and hugged each other. After the whole conversation was done, Celestia bid her goodnight and she headed to her room while Luna headed to the throne for night court. In a distant abandon building, three forms enter it while in the blanket of night as to not be seen by other ponies. The lead pony led the other two to a room that was dark except for the small candle in the middle.

"Greetings, hitponies I'm glad you have come, I trust you were not followed." The three ponies one by one removed their hoods to reveal their faces. First the leader, he had a gruff look with a scar over his left eye and a short spiky orange-ish red color mane style. The second had a more indifferent look with a scar going down his lips and a mane with long brown banes that covered his eyes from sight. lastly the third who had an oblivious look with a cut ear and a medium sized black mane.

"I was surprised when I got your call, usually ponies just send a letter with the assignment attached. It doesn't matter though, I will take a job where ever there is one. By the way my name is Dumb Bell and these are my associate, Black Eye has the long mane and Brute Force has the dumb look on his face. So what is the assignment boss pony, my crew is ready to get to work," the leader said blankly.

"My, my always an eager pony, that is why I hired your group," the pony said from the shadows. He tossed a dossier at the group and Dumb Bell opened it. "Inside you will find a list of the targets hangout points, what his schedule is for tomorrow and the location on where you should lure him to on his route. He will be headed to the Canterlot district to pick up an item, that is your best time to take out the target." The three looked over the information and saw the difference from their usual targets right away.

"Alright we will do it, and I'm certain you will have the payment ready like we agreed," the hitpony said ready to tackle the job, "after all tracking down the right weapon wont be cheap."

"Yes your payment of eighty thousand bits each will be given to you after the missions completed, and by the way, when your done I want you to air drop the body to this location, but you better be quick about it."

"Hey what's the targets name anyway, it doesn't say on this here piece of paper," Brute Force said with a deep childish voice. The pony now stepped out of the shadows showing his face. The colt was definitely part of the Equestrian Military by the looks of his armor, and a high ranking one at that. He had a pair of stars on his uniform with many medals decorating the front.

"Your targets name is Spike the Dragon, now lets get started," the three hitponies smiled and began discussing the plan with him as well as a location on where they should receive the bits after the jobs completion. Once finished, the three left to begin their work, and the general backed up into the shadows while laughing maniacally, everything was falling into place. After picking up the candle, he took it over to a desk that had a map of Canterlot with red strings all over and pictures of Spike and Princess Luna together next to the strings. "I should get a front row seat, wouldn't want to miss the grand finale," the general said before tipping the candle over setting the desk on fire. "Can't have anypony finding out now can I," and with that he ran out of the building and away from the area leaving things to be handled by the burning inferno and the job with his group for hire.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spike woke up to a warmth enveloping his entire body. He looked over to see Princess Luna with a wing over him and his body in her embrace. He knew she liked to cuddle up next to him. His body was like a perfectly set furnace and she really liked that. By looking out the window he could tell it was around ten o' clock in the morning. That meant he had about two hours till the announcement they were giving. Plenty of time to get down to the jewelers shop to get the ring.
That was if he could get out of Luna's vice grip hug. Spike tried to lift her hoof off but that only made her squeeze a bit harder. He tried to wiggle at first with no success. He eventually was able to wiggle down and out from under her. He got off the bed and sneaked over to the door before taking one last look back and closing the door shortly after. Once he was out of the castle he began his trek to the shop ready to get this done, he felt his tummy rumbling at the thought of gems.

"Well looks like I'm going to need to stop by Pony Joe's Doughnut Shop first, cant do all this on an empty stomach after all." He took a right turn instead of a left so he could get some food. This simple task however took an hour to complete as the line to the shop was massive this morning. After finally getting up to the counter, paying for his doughnut, and enjoying it thoroughly, he walked the rest of the way to the jewelers shop in no time at all, but it felt like something ominous was following him. He went in like yesterday and rang the bell which in response the same pony came out again.

"Well if it isn't my latest customer, my you are chipper this morning. I think you will be pleased with the results it just got finished so your ring is ready, and I'm certain your bride will like it too." The jeweler went to the back of the shop and came out with a box that was stunning by itself. The box was made of Indigo colored velvet, the rim was made with gold trimming, and when he opened it a bright blue light shined out. "

Thank you sir, I promise to send an invitation to you in the mail. After all, I want my wife to meet the pony who made her beautiful wedding ring." After tossing him the sac full of bits and exchanging goodbyes. Spike put the box in one of his nifty scale pockets and ran out the door. He took an immediate right up the stone path heading back to the castle. A little bit up the path, Spike saw two ponies shoving another pony into an alleyway quite roughly.
Spike ran into the alley to see what was going on, thinking the two ponies were going to beat up the other one. When he darted into the alley, the ponies were gone with no sign of them anywhere. Spike who was now confused turned around to see the entrance blocked by the same two ponies who he saw not but a few seconds ago. He thought about taking them on in a fight but he didn't have time to beat up two ponies. He was late for a very important date. Spike turned around and ran for a few feet before seeing two more ponies.
One he recognized as the pony the other two were shoving down the alley. The other he could not tell. He was now trapped he only had one option now and that was to fight. Quickly turning around, he uppercut the first pony and did a haymaker to the second one knocking them to the ground. Right after that, one of the other two ponies ran up an close lined Spike knocking him over for a brief moment. Quickly getting back up as the other two did, Spike performed a spinning twist into a rolling drop kick smashing down on the first pony. He promptly jumped up and did a whirlwind strike (something that he'd have to thank Rainbow Dash for teaching him) and kicked the second pony down.
Spike turned around and was bucked in the face and sent flying backwards. The other two got up again and immediately pounced on Spike. they started beating the crap out of him. After about half a minute of this the two just held him down while the other two approach. The fourth pony stopped the third pony and showed his face.

"Hello little abomination, you have been a naughty dragon haven't you, going around dating ponies like you think your on the same level as us." Spike was still coughing but he protested anyway.

"From what I can see here, I have done nothing illegal or wrong so I don't see how I deserve this," Spike said with confidence, something that was immediately silenced by a sharp stabbing pain in his left arm. He was about to scream but was silenced by a balled up rag being stuffed in his mouth.

"You are not even on the same level as us you disgusting lizard, you are beneath ponies, something that should be a slave. You have no rights, not even to talk to a pony much less date one, of our princesses no less." Spike blew fire into the wadded up ball making it disappear.

"I was birthed and raised by a pony and not just anypony, princess Celestia's star pupil Twilight Sparkle. They both raised me so I ask again, what gives you the right to do this to me," Spike said smiling. He would regret this however as the third pony stabbed him again but this time in his stomach. He got another rag stuffed in his mouth, then the fourth pony approached again.

"You do not speak to me you worm, and that is one of the biggest mistakes she ever made. One day I will make her pay for that, but I cant have a dragon protecting her. We certainly cant have you defiling the night princess with your impure dragon essence. You will die Spike and do you want to know something. Ponies aren't going to be looking towards me because I will have the blame planted on one of your friends. Ponies will never figure out what transpired here today.
I will also make sure each one of your friends suffers because of this, including your pony mother. I will tell you my name so that when you are in the next life you will always remember the name of the pony that killed you. My name is Thunderfrost, descendant of Commander Hurricane, now you die." The pony pulled out the dagger and stabbed him again but in the heart this time. The three Pegasi left the unicorn general and began the air drop. Spike felt the life leaving him, he figured he would be dead soon but that's not the reason why tears were falling from his eyes.
He was crying because now everypony he ever considered a friend was going to suffer simply because they were friends with him. The worst part of it was, that he would never see Luna again or see her loving smile or the smiles of his family again. Spikes eyes grew heavy and eventually it was to hard to keep them open. They soon closed as his last breath slipped away.


The day of the announcement was big, ponies from many different cities had been brought to Canterlot for a big speech from the princesses. Everypony knew something big was going on, but they couldn't figure out what. Meanwhile up at the balconies anti chamber, Princess Luna was pacing back and forth almost to the point of wearing a whole in the floor. Spike had not shown up yet and she was starting to freak out. Her friends had tried calming her down but to no avail, so they got Celestia up there to support her but still had no effect.

"Luna please calm down now, I'm sure Spike is just fine and running an errand or something, I have already sent out several guards to look for him so please, just calm down," Celestia said in a motherly tone. Luna looked to her and visible calmed down some.

"But that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't here on time like we agreed, and even more so when he left my chambers this morning without even waking me. He could have at least left a note on where he was going."

"I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation and I'm sure that he will explain once he gets here, but you have exactly five minutes before you have to go out there. You need to calm down and get in the mindset, now I will go out there talk for a bit then introduce you so you can speak to the crowd."

"Okay sister, I'm ready," Luna said nodding her head as the solar princess exited onto the balcony. The crowd was silenced by a unicorn who shot a small light in the sky and everypony turned to attention.

"Dear subjects, ponies from all around, you have been called here because my sister Princess Luna has some news for all of Equestria. She has come to me with it and I have agreed with her and have supported her decision on this and it is my hope that you will too. She believes its time for you to know, without further delay," Celestia held out a hoof and pointed it towards the balcony door. Princess Luna walked out and over to the edge, the entire time with her eyes looking for Spike to appear but couldn't find him anywhere.

"Hello my faithful subjects, something happened to me a few months ago that I didn't even expect, I fell in love with someone," the crowd gasped at this truly interested now in this public speaking they listened for intently. "I fell in love with him and he has been very kind and chivalrous to me ever since. He loves me and we figure its time that you should know, his name is Spike the dragon," this got even louder gasps but Celestia was quickly by her side with her wings spread out.

"They love each other and I couldn't ever be happier, and I wish her many years of happiness, I hope you all will do the same." The crowd was silent for a minute not saying a word, it became almost deafening. Soon murmurs started to spread and began to rise in volume, everypony started to cheer and stomp their Whooves which finally put Luna at ease. It was at this moment however that she saw a black speck off in the distance. That speck got bigger and bigger until it got close enough to be seen. It was one of the Pegasus guards that Celestia had sent out to find Spike. The pony landed on the balcony breathing heavily. Celestia gave him a glass of water and he gulp it down in seconds. "Lieutenant Ironwing what happened, did you find Spike," Celestia asked with unease?

"We found the dragon but," the Pegasus was speechless for a second, "its to shocking to describe, and it was in a public area too."

"WHAT HAPPENED," Luna asked in a panicked yell?

"I don't know much seeing as I'm not a doctor, but from what we could gather, a pair of ponies or more got the drop on him somehow and they beat him up before stabbing him repeatedly with a dagger. He was then flown over to the old forge tower that is in the west district and I think somepony even got photos." Luna was in a shocked state, she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Is that all Lieutenant," Celestia said with a cracking voice.

"We cant find anything further yet on evidence but we suggest you hurry up and get over to the hospital, he is in surgery and the doctors say you should get over there since you are his family." Luna immediately took flight off towards the Tenderheart Care Hospital leaving Celestia to catch up. The hospital was in a panic and nurses were scrambling all over the place. The lead surgeons had requested every nurse available to find everything on dragon anatomy and bring it to them. The guards had brought in a dragon today that had been severely injured and on the verge of death. Doctors had been unprepared for something like this and knew little about dragons, which made surgery very dangerous. The surgeons proceeded anyway to try and save the creatures life. The doors to the front of the hospital flung open, almost flying off its hinges and standing there was a indigo colored Alicorn that was crying in a scared state.

"Uh Princess Luna may I help you with something," a nurse nearby asked?

"Where is the head surgeon? I must speak with him," Luna was almost inaudible from all her crying?

"I will go tell him your here, but he's still in surgery," the nurse went through another pair of double doors. Luna then sat down with her wings wrapped around her body while her tears continued to flow like rivers. She soon felt another wing touch her side and she looked up to see her older sister with a comforting face. Luna grabbed Celestia and gave her a long crying hug. She sat there simply stroking her back and saying soothing words. After about three hours the girls arrived. The surgeon came through the double doors a few minutes after and headed over to the princesses.

"Are you his immediate family," the colt asked while wiping his face of sweat. Luna got up and went over to him and asked the question she dreaded most.

"Yes, is he okay, is he alright?"