• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,369 Views, 15 Comments

A New Colt in Town - Tony Flash



there's a new Colt in Ponyville, and only Pinkie Pie knows all his reasons for moving there.

  • ...
13
 15
 1,369

Shock and Aww 1

Shock and Awwww...1

It took a year. I finally had a home of my own where I didn't have to hide my stubs even in private. I'd thrown myself into the shop, and the Cakes were selling more than ever. tHe recopies I'd introduced, along with the chocolates I kept cranking out, got to be major winners. Even my first nightmare night in ponyville was a blast. We’d spent the night before, me and pinkie, cranking out gobs of stuff for the colts and fillies...and a few of the more spoilt adults, like Pinkie. Of course, I made sure of Lu on her special night. I'd never seen Lu so utterly happy; especially when she figured out some of her "takings" were little presents from me (with a few suggestions from Pinkie). She was becoming the sister I remembered from before the exile, again. We DID get spotted a few times gabbing, and I think rumors started flying that LUNA, of all ponies, had a coltfreind in the making! (Thank DAD that didn't get up to Tia. I think Twi was just giggling behind the beard of her Merlin nightmare night costume for that year). Yes, the three of us swear Tia and Lu’s parents like everyone else swears to Tia.

We laid off a bit to squelch the rumors, but they fired up YET again during the winter solstice. You think I'm not gonna give my sister presents on her birthday party? after the next batch of rumors, though, I seriously considered letting Tia's favoured student in on the joke, but Lu squelched the idea...she was ENJOYING the rumors that made her look more like a normal pony. And THEN she reminded me that Tia was probably having palpitations (the NOBLES certainly were, according to Lu). I couldn't resist the opportunity to troll Tia for the first time in Centuries, so we let it slide.

Then there was Winter Wrap up. I asked if I could be set up with AJ's startup team. It had been a long time since I'd tried growing anything by hoof, and I think everybody was kinda stunned that I could be so delicate with seed and yes shove around one of those gigantic snowplows like Big Macintosh could. Heck, Mack and I got into a seed-off competition that made AJ beam as bright as Tia set the sun’s intensity level at the summer sun celebration. We gabbed for a couple hours afterwards, causing yet another rumor mill to fly. me and Mac had to both very angrily disparage that rumor quick (we'd ended up talking a little about some of the Varieties of apples they had, and about the possibility of starting up some hybrids), with AJ joining in. she'd already started seeing somepony, and knew dang well what a relationship of the kind the rumors were about looked like by now.

This was the first time I'd seen rainbow Dash in months. Cause she ended up parking a nap-cloud right over my head. And it wasn't a dry cumulus, either
"HEY, what are you doing up there, dangit!"
She cracked one sleepy eye, and gave me a look
I'm not THAT hot I need a bucking cumulonimbus over my head!"
That got her attention "what the hay, this isn't a cume...what would YOU know about it, anyhow?!"
A lot more than you think, JENNY!"
Oh, I practically saw steam coming out of her ears "NOPONY calls me that to my face, groundpounder"
She wasn't holding back at all. I found myself on a cloud for the first time in decades, and we were staring at each other with abundant lightning spurting from both the cloud and each other's eyes.
"You bucking take that back, Jennifer Dash!"
"Make me, you colt-crudder"
Fine, we'll settle this YOUR way" I was gone in 10 seconds flat.
The HAY you will" she took after me like a rocket
We were ripping through the country side like nuts. They didn't call me "flash" for no reason. I could pick em up and put en down at least as fast as she could fly. We caught up even a few miles outside of Ponyville. I was just pulling ahead when we hit the sound barrier...and BOTH broke it. AJ later told me it shook last year’s leftover apples off the trees, saving them quite a bit of cleanup work. She also told me that not only was there a sonic rainboom to go with it, but a GOLDEN rainboom as well.
When we both heard it we looked back in utter shock, And a mutual "YEEEEEEESSSSS!!" *hoofpump* it took a while to coast to a stop, and I still left half a mile of gouges. We collapsed about the same time, too

It took quite a while just to catch our breaths. I was steaming like a hot bath, collapsed on my back
"OMYCelestia...didyouSEEthat"
It took me a while to get my breath back "double...boom..."
"How did you DO that?"
"Saw...the...first...rainboom..."
"Huh?"
While she was trying to think, i finally cooled off and caught my breath
"Wait a minute...TONY Flash, that kid who...
"I wondered when you were gonna recognize me, 'Bo"
"You...beat me ON THE GROUND. How did you DO THAT?"
I smiled "Bo, i didn't beat you, we broke the sound barrier together"
But...HOW?!"
I sat up, my wraps a bit shredded on the sides from sheer speed
"What the?" she pointed a hoof at the wraps
"I got rammed during a stunt trial, the crash cost me my wings. I compensated on land, but..."
She laid her ears sideways "aw MAN...wait does Derpy..."
"She doesn't remember anything, Bo. She tried to save me, and...It cost her" i got a bit teary at that
Oh, Tony" i got glomped in a hug, and I began crying for what two of us had lost.
"Don’t, you're gonna make me start" hell, she already had a bit.
We just held like that for a while. There was something about the embrace, next thing I know...liplock.
I shouldna done it.
"OWowowowowowow"
I had to let go and danced in pain. She was to stunned to react for a few seconds
"Arrgh, help me get em off!" i was trying to reach the wraps, which were threatening to shred to pieces any second and bulging like crazy
She didn't hesitate to long, and found the weakest point
SPROING!
"ARRGH" I was sporting the HARDEST wingboner I’d ever had in my life, even without full wings, anymore
Dash turned bright red, especially when she popped one of her own
"Oh, Celestia" she began to giggle like the filly she wasn't that far from.
I began to blush hard as well. "Um..." it all came out in a burst
"I’ve had a crush on you since flight school! When i saw you again, i just..."
Dammit, your acting like a lovestruck COLT, i thought
"Wait, you DID?"
I was red all OVER, now.
"Um..." i SWEAR she did an imitation of Fluttershy just then "kindasodidI"
That snapped me out of my embarrassment for a bit "wait, what?"
My answer was the LONGEST damn kiss I’d ever had, and a little bit of fumbling. When we let go, we were sporting mushy looks.
You DO know we can't go anywhere sporting these, let alone appear together with any"
She smiled "yeah. I think we should take care of that"
She took care of it, and I returned the favor.

* * * * * * *

The sunset was lovely. We sat with hooves draped around each other
"Bo?"
"Hmm?" she was leaning on me
"We just made Honest Ponies out of each other, didn't we?"
She only smiled up at me.
I sighed "Lu’s gonna be all hyper, Pinkie's gonna be MORE hyper"
"ESPECIALLY if she finds out, well..." she blushed
"I hope we didn't..."
"It’s not time yet" she giggled
I gave her a stunned look
"Bo?"
She just shushed me with a hoof, and kissed me again.
Zero to lover in 10 seconds flat.