• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,366 Views, 15 Comments

A New Colt in Town - Tony Flash



there's a new Colt in Ponyville, and only Pinkie Pie knows all his reasons for moving there.

  • ...
13
 15
 1,366

Shock and Aww 2

Shock and awwww 2

We kept it quiet for a few months. I'm still not sure EXACTLY how we managed to keep it from Pinkie Pie, but sometimes, I think she pinkie-swore HERSELF into silence. I did drop a few hunts to Lu that I was seeing SOMEpony. Then, to my surprise, so did she. She was starting to look more and more like Tia. And I swear whoever HER budding romance was with was enhancing her production of the night sky's appearance.

I’d stopped wearing the straps completely a few months ago, simply folding the stubs like any other pegasus, and, other than some winces from a few ponies, not too many ponies even looked twice. My confidence in my mateship came out in all round confections. To my surprise, one day, I got major praises from BonBon, of all ponies. Even Rarity would stop in for a batch or two if she was on a dressmaking jag, and needed a break. I kept on giving minor tweaks to the cakes for some of their recopies, which were selling out fast.

Dash had redoubled her own training efforts. Something about our relationship brought out more elegance in her performances and it somehow affected her weather duties for the better instead of the usual "in Love" distractions. I don't think she cared as hard about earning a spot on the wonderbolts (I sure didn't discourage her, though), but I think they kept getting more and more impressed.

Pinkie and even the Cakes started giving me knowing smiles when I reported in in the morning, and I finally got confirmation of her silencing when she gave me the "cupcake in my eye" sign of her pinky swear one morning.
"Don’t worry, I'll let you know" I told her, and winked
Even the Cakes saw that one (I musta been visibly trailing love hearts or something), and I caught them looking at each other just like Dash and I did. I think they took time at one point to renew their vows!

One night, after asking for some time off (and getting some knowing looks from all three of them), dash and I nipped off to a moonlit hill for a little romantic viewing. Luna had gone onto max beauty that night, even the sunset looked extra gorgeous. Tia mused have heard about Luna’s budding romance by now.
Wow, Lu went all out tonight"
"Lover’s moon, maybe?"
I giggled, causing dash to smirk like I was the filly "considering my sister is ALSO seeing somepony, I wouldn't be surprised a drop"
"Luna, on a date? She recovered fast"
I'd told dash my backstory, the real one, some time ago. Dash had commented on the irony that she'd beat Rarity to a prince charming.
"Well, she's had a chance to grow up now, with the whole "nightmare Moon" thing behind us all"
"Hmm wonder who the lucky somepony is"
"Terry?"
Both of us looked up, startled, at a civvy mode Luna. This was literally the first time I'd ever seen her out of her royal accoutrements EVER
"Lu!"
Of course, we hugged the stuffing out of each other. Lu had filled out all the way to Tia’s size by now. Not only was she not armored, but she didn't have the hair effects on, either
You really Do look like anypony else, sis" I was utterly stunned
"Well, I took the cue from you, baby brother" she actually NOOGIED me into laughing
"LU!"
Dash gave me a look that spoke volumes before saying "Baby Brother, huh?" they both giggled like madmares.
"So what WOULD you look like in full on prince mode?" dash asked
"I know he didn't fit his armor back then" Lu grinned at her
"Aw. Terry has baby pictures?"
"BO! C'mon, we didn't even have a royal Illustrator then."
"He couldn't SEE for all his mane"
"Lu, for Tia's sake..."
There was an additional giggle from the background, familiar to anyone from Ponyville. I think both dash and my jaws hit the ground at the same time
"You might as well come out, baby"
Twilight Sparkle stepped into visibility
"You know, I wondered why dash was floating around more than usual"
"TWI!" dash blushed REALLY hard
"Snrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkk HAHAHHAHA" I laughed until I cried, with dash shooting me this LOOK
After wiping my eyes I said "were we that obvious"
"I'll put it like this" twilight said "Spike got jealous"
"Well, Bo, the jig's up"
Twi and Lu both smirked "Bo?”
"Old nickname" I waved a dismissive hoof
"I’ve been meaning to ask" Twig said "why haven't you had your wings repaired?"
I started "beg your pardon? I thought that couldn't be done, so I just...lived with it"
It wasn't Twi that answered, but dash "um, Ter, honey, Twi helped me with that happening once"
"Really?! I could FLY again?!" I got all hyper AND teary eyed
I grabbed Dash "we could do it AGAIN, baby...the Golden Rainboom"
"You mean that thing we saw the other month was YOU two?" Twi asked
"I gave dash the race of a lifetime, and, well..."
We looked at each other, and just felt the thrill all over again, and the love.
I was told by Lu, later, we started making out right there, much to Twi's embarrassment, and Lu’s amusement. She also admitted privately that it turned them on, too.
All I know is that we woke up just before dawn in a position that indicated "All the way"
I nibbled on her ear "bo?"
She cracked one eye, and looked back at me in the dim dawn light
"We’re gonna be late for work"
"Five more minutes" she snuggled into me and closed the eye again.
I sighed and looked up at the sunrise...and made up my mind in the cool dawn wind
"Jennifer rainbow dash, would you marry me?"
Her eyes snapped open immediately "what?" she sat up "what did you say?"
"I-I know it's a bit fast, but...well, we ARE fast. I wanna be 20% cooler WITH you"
Dash's jaw was hanging open. I went all formal-like
"Prince Terrozan Earthshine, Crown Prince of Equestria, adopted brother of their Holy Royal Highnesses Princesses Celestia Sunrise and Princess Luna Starlight, now Anthony Michael Flash, resident of Ponyville, would ask Pegasus Jennifer Rainbow Dash, resident of Cloudsdale, graduate of Cloudsdale flight school, winner of the Junior Speedsters trophy, Ponyville weather team member, creator of the Sonic Rainboom, holder of the Element of Loyalty and the love of his life, for her hoof in marriage."
I think I was crying. I know dash was.
"Please, Bo?"
I got down on one wrist, and looked up
I got pouncetackled
"YESyesyesyes!"
We bawled and kissed at the same time, long enough for Tia to have gotten the sun all the way up
When we finally unlocked, Dash gave me a look
"Princess Rainbow Dash?”
"Only occasionally, Bo"
"Ugh, I hope I don't haveta go to those frou-frou parties"
"Yuck, why do you think I left?"
She just laughed