• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 5,881 Views, 93 Comments

Enderquestria - Friday Knight

  • ...
13
 93
 5,881

Building Terrain

It was dark, I couldn’t see anything aside from an outline of my own hand. I remember this dream, I’ve lived it over and over again, and it always ends the same. I look around as light starts to creep over the large blocky mountain, and that’s when I saw her. She was scaling the mountain, running from a Craftian, she was too young to be able to teleport, and I was forced to watch the entire thing without being able to move. I struggled and jerked in vain, I was determined to stop that Craftian, but even my will has limits, they both reached the cliff, and she realised she had no where left to run, she turned to the Craftian, and he pulled out his diamond blade, it’s always the same, my ability to move returns, and I run, I run and run, but I don’t get any closer to the mountain, I see her back up to the cliff, the Craftian swings his blade, and she stumbles, letting small rocks fall to the ground with a small tink, tink. She can see it’s her final moments, but she will not fall to this being. He swings once more, and this time, hits. I cry out obscenities, but they go unheard. I see her fall, and now I’m under the cliff I jump to catch her, and it’s successful, but, the unwanted wound bestowed upon her ran deep, and now, her purple blood was spilling onto my hands, she reached up to me and rested her hand on my cheek. “I’m sorry.” Was all she said, I stared deep into her eyes, her eyes were always made fun of for being different, just because they weren’t the same colour as everyone else’s, doesn’t mean she’s different, her blue eyes, they made most smile, and others frown, but now, now they were losing life, they were becoming hollow, they were no longer the eyes I knew, they were empty, they belonged with Notch now, I felt my rage bubble up inside of me, the rage I had always been so desperate to let out, I let it all out in one word “BRONAGH!”

I sat up in my makeshift bed sweating profusely. I whirled my legs around and placed them upon the floor. I grabbed my head with my hands and remained let my head clear. Why does this dream torture me so, I didn’t do anything to deserve this, but, I wish I could have saved her, why did it have to be her, it could have been anyone else, why did it have to be her. In my anger I punch whatever was closest to me, which was the wall of the “barn” I was sleeping in. I heard a crack, and turned to inspect the damage, my hand had gone straight through the wall. I was surprised to say the least, sure I had always been strong, but I could never make a dent in a wall out of wood. Upon closer inspection I realised why it had gone through. The wood was barely two inches thick. Before I could inspect it further I heard a small whimper.

I whirled round to see nothing, until I looked down. It was a similar creature to the one from last night, only, much smaller, and yellow. I bent down to try and make eye contact with the creature. It whimpered away in fear. I stood up and bowed my head as if to try and apologise, but it only made it worse. Seeing my full size sent the creature running out of the barn. I felt saddened, I try to make good impressions but I can never get it right the first time, and my height doesn’t help. Where I come from, most of my kind is roughly nine feet tall, I have the curse of being eleven. You’re most likely thinking, wouldn’t that be a good thing, well in some circumstances it is, but in most it’s not. I grew up in a tribe, and that tribe believed that majority rules, and if something is different it is wrong. I was firmly against this belief, because of my sister, and I considered it unfair, I became friends with a few of the “different” Enders because of it.

Back to now though, I was upset that I had scared away, what I believed to be, a young one. I figured it was no use moping, so I decided to see if I could find the fellow from last night. I stood up off my makeshift bed, and my head was just below the rafters. I was going to walk out until I noticed I stepped on something. I looked down to see a bright red, something. I picked it up to examine it closer, I believed it was called, a “bow.” I recalled some of the Craftians dressing up oddly, and one of them was wearing what I think was called a suit, and it had a smaller, black one of these around the neck. I have seen several different and crazy outfits worn by the Craftians, some are simple, a shirt and trousers, some have unusually large mouths, and others try to avoid Creepers by dressing similarly to them. It doesn't work.

I stepped out side into the bright light, so graciously bestowed upon me by the sun. I shielded my eyes from this with my hand, and looked for the young yellow one. I made a complete circle but could not notice her. I looked over to the house where the native was before, and decided that she may have gone inside. As I made my way over to the house, I noticed it was a few different colours, which was odd, as I’d only ever seen four different coloured types of refined wood, perhaps they’d found out some way to use dyes to colour they’re house. I hunkered down and knocked on the door, waiting for the large red native to come out. However, instead of whom I was expecting, a slightly smaller, orange native came out from behind the door. We made eye contact for a brief moment, but in that moment it was enough to give this orange one reason to attack. For a moment I believed it was going to run back inside, but as it turned round it lifted its hind legs and outstretched them with great force. I was hit in my knees and fell to the ground, only to be hit once again in my chest. I was sent flying backwards into one of the many trees that bore the delicious fruit. A single apple fell from the tree and onto my head. I was angry, I could feel my eyes begin to glow, it is what happens when we get angry, our minds become clouded and we want whatever is attacking us to stop, and we will do so by whatever means necessary. I picked up the apple that was resting on my head and stood up. I let out a deep breath, and flung the apple at the orange native. The apple hit the native right in what I presume to be its chest. It took a step back, trying to regain its breath. It glared at me when it had finally overcome my attack. It was searching around for something to through at me. It had found, something, I'm not quite sure what it was as I was too busy dodging it as it flew towards my head. I did, what the Craftians call, a Matrix dodge, I arched my back and allowed the thing to fly over me. In the brief glimpse I obtained, I managed to make out a few details of the “thing.” It was a small arch, and appeared to have a similar consistency to that of Iron. The Arch flew over me and hit the tree I was standing in front of, impaling itself within the wood. My eyes went wide at the strength of which it was thrown, if this orange native could do this, what could the red one do. I lost my train of thought as another Arch flew at me. I sidestepped it this time and reached down to the ground. I hoped my powers worked on this strange land. I focused on my homeland, the cubic environment and the precise measurements. I pictured a grass block, I pictured myself holding it and pulling it out of the ground. I opened my eyes to see myself holding a block of this land. It was an exact cube, similar to what it would have been in my old land, the perfect cube, it made me feel a sense of relief, being able to see something so, correct.

I looked over to the orange native, and I could see that is mouth was wide open, I smirked and threw the block at her, she managed to duck just in time. The block stuck behind her, which gave me an idea. I looked down to the perfectly square hole I had made from picking up that block, and picked another up from right beside it. I tossed the second block to the orange natives right, she looked at it as it landed beside her, as if knowing it wasn't going to hit, I picked up another and threw it to her left, there was now a block on both of her sides and beside her. I was glad she didn't realise what I was attempting to do. I figured I should finish this off as soon as I could. I picked up several blocks at once and threw them into the air, I will admit I have tried this before, but it was on a mere pig, and this native seems much more intellectual than such primitive beasts. As each of the perfectly cubic blocks came down towards me, I readied myself, able to punch at any moment, and, now!

A single block came down and I punched it with great force towards the native. The native ducked as the block went soaring past her, and stuck to the block that was already behind her. She still hadn't figured it out yet. I sent another flying towards her, and it stuck to the block on her left, I could see a twinkle in her eye, the kind that you get when you realise something is going on that shouldn't be going on. I sent two more blocks hurtling towards her, one stuck to the block on her right, and the other right in front of her. It was then that she realised what I was doing. Before she could act I aimed the last block straight at her enormous green eyes. She saw the block coming and realised there was no way to dodge it, so she put her hooves in front of her face to prepare for the worst. The worst however didn't come, the native opened one of its eyes less than a crack, to see, well nothing, there was nothing in front of her but a block of dirt.

There was only a small square of light shining down on her from the missing block above her. She got onto her hind legs and I could see her hooves attempting to pull itself out of the small makeshift prison. I decided to teleport closer, rather than walk over, as I wanted to get this over and done with. I teleported next to the tiny prison and peered inside. I nearly got a black eye from the native swinging her hooves around “What have ya done with Applebloom?!” She shouted at me. Applebloom, who’s Applebloom. I looked back in at the native and shook my head to show I didn't understand. “WHAT DUH YA MEAN YA DON’T KNOW!” I was almost blasted back by the intensity of the shout. I was extremely tempted to block off the space separating her from the sun, but before I could I heard a small “Sis?” I followed the voice to see the younger native from before. “Applebloom! Is that you?” The orange one said from within her dirt prison. “Sis why are you in that thing?” “Applebloom” cried running over to the dirt prison. “THAT SONOVAGUN OUT THE PUT ME IN HERE!” “What gun?” Applebloom asked in confusion, looking around. Her eyes fell on me and I could see fear in her eyes. I met her gaze, and could feel anger bubbling up inside of me. I looked away before I lost control.

I didn't know what to do. I threw the bow on the ground and ran. I could hear the orange one shouting for assistance. I followed a dirt path out of this large plot of land. There was a white fence showing the border between this property and free ground, as I called it. A large sign hung over what appeared to be the entrance to this property. It was just white wood, but as I passed under it I noticed that the other side had a design carved into it. I couldn't understand what it said, as our way of writing varies but I assumed that the word “apple” was in the name somewhere, as they were carved around the words. I would have stopped to admire had I not been running from the orange native.

I looked around from my position, there was a dirt road headed two directions, one was headed towards a dark looking forest, assuming that was the one I had come out of the night previous, I would like to stay very much away. I took the other path, which from what I could tell, lead to a small settlement of sorts. I wondered whether this contained Craftians, or Villagers. If they were Villagers I would have no problem, as they do not attack me, they merely acknowledge my presence and continue on their way. There are a few Craftians like that, but not many, most would knowingly gaze into my species eyes, in hopes they may attack and allow the Craftian to slay them and take their pearl.

As I approached the settlement I noticed that this area was full of Natives, and these Natives were almost blindingly colourful and vibrant. It was somewhat painful to actually look at them, but I got over it. I began to slowly make my way towards this Native area when a thought struck me. I am obviously not a common appearance in these lands, otherwise the orange Native would not have struck me. How was the best way to approach these beings. I rattled my mind and remembered a strange contraption from the Villagers towns, Iron Golems, surely they had to have shown up one day, but how did they get themselves accepted.

I stared among the brightly coloured Natives and notice one of them, it had a coat similar to that of refined Birch Wood, and a clump of red and pink hair. She appeared to be selling some form of flower, and that was when it struck me, I had observed the Golems holding roses and then giving them to different Villagers. I searched my immediate area for roses and yellow flowers. Instead, I found what appeared to be blue and purple, the purple flower looked natural in shape, but the blue one. It looked as though someone had turned a miniature hopper upside down and hung it several times upon the stem. Ignoring the lack of logic I picked it up, it had the same texture as the roses and yellow flowers, but the colour was somewhat annoying, along the the upside down Hoppers.

I picked up three of each holding each bunch in one hand, and made my way to the settlement. I had no idea what to expect, but I hoped it wouldn't be anything similar to screams. I didn't know who to talk to first, none of the Natives seemed to acknowledged my presence, which I took as a blessing. I looked around for a Native that appeared suitable to talk to, I spotted the Native I noticed before selling the flowers, the Native was talking to another with pink skin and white and green hair. I made my way towards them, and tapped the flower Native on the back.

She turned and faced my legs, her eyes travelled up my body and came to rest at my eyes. I stuck out my hand that held the purple flowers in it, hoping it to be a sign of acceptance, it wasn't. The Native screamed at me and turned tail to run away, bringing the pink Native with it also screaming. The screams seem to have gain the attention of the entire settlement and all the Natives eyes turned upon me. Many of them screamed, and judging from the pitch they were female. A few others simply stared, horror struck. One however, with refined Oak coloured skin and brown hair yelled at me "Get away from here monster!" holding up a hoof in threat. This caused many of the other Natives to do same, obscenities were yelled at me, many of which I did not understand, but the idea was clear. Leave.

I began to turn away when a voice rang out. "Stop right there!" I turned to see a blue native with, I had to rub my eyes to be sure a multitude of different hair colours. "You had better get out of here before I mess you up!" she, judging from the voice, yelled, followed by a lot of other yells of "Yeah!" I didn't understand, I was leaving, why would she stop me, only to make sure I did. i raised a hand and pointed away from the settlement. "Yeah go on get!" I didn't understand this Natives, or possibly this settlements cultures, but I complied, and walked away. As soon as they believed I was out of earshot, they began celebrating and congratulating the multicoloured Native.

It would appear they have the same mind as the Craftians, they do not want me around, even though I presented them with flowers, perhaps it was different for the Golems because they protected the Villagers, or because they didn't look as intimidating, scratch that, the Golems are extremely intimidating. Perhaps the Villagers trusted them because they had seen them defeat other Mobs. Maybe if they see me defeat some of the Woodwolves they would accept me. I didn't notice how far I had walked until I found myself back in front of the Apple land. I decided I wasn't welcome there either, so I continued onward.

I admired the scenery as much as I could considering nothing was cubic or straight. I noticed a little bridge a ways away, and I decided to investigate. As I edged closer I noticed what the bridge was made of, Cobblestone, sweet Cobblestone. I wondered if it had the same texture as it did back home, I ran towards it and laid a gentle hand upon it. It was as though it had been taken directly from my world, I was too busy admiring the bridge to notice a Native creeping up behind me. When I had finished admiring the bridge I took a step back and let out a long breath. It was calming to find something similar to your homeland in a world you're not used to. I decided I would try and gain the Natives trust again, but by a different means, one that does not use flowers. I turned back to the settlement when I heard a small "eep" I looked around for the source of the sound, and when I could not find it, I looked down.

Standing before me was a small native, it had white skin and purple, pink and white hair, that had almost an iron tinge to it. It also had an odd bone protruding from it's forehead. I sat down on my hunkers to look at it. I could not tell whether it was male or female, or whether it wanted to hurt me or not. It looked up to me and said "You're not from here are you?" Judging from the tone I would assume female, or a very feminine male, I decided to go with the former. I nodded to show this was true. "What were you trying to do in the town?" She asked. I had a quick look around the surrounding area, and noticed another purple flower. I picked it and handed it to the little Native.

She stared at the flower, clearly not understanding "I don't get it." she stated. I didn't know how to explain it, I tried using symbolism. I pointed to myself. "You," The native said slowly. I pointed in the direction of the settlement. "Ponyville," The Native said with more confidence. I looked down upon her with confusion. She seemed to understand. "Oh, the town is called Ponyville." I nodded in understanding and made a mental note as to refer to the settlement as "Ponyville" I pointed towards the small Native. "me?" she questioned. I waved my hand in a "kind of" fashion. I pointed to the Native again, and I made a kind of shape in my hands, tracing along her figure. "Ponies?" I was confused, I pointed to her again as if to ask "Is that what you are?"

"Umm, well no, I'm a unicorn see," she said bringing a hoof towards the obtrusion on her head. I pointed to the obtrusion. "This is a horn, it's how you can tell all the different ponies apart, there's Pegasi, who have wings, and Earth Ponies, they don't have anything, but they're really strong and good with plants, and I'm a Unicorn, although I can't really do any magic." She looked downcast at the last few words. Clearly doing "magic" was something that Unicorns excel at, but it would appear that she is a young Unicorn, and might not be that good at it. I gave her a little run on the head. She seemed to take it better than the red Native yesterday. I wondered if it was because she was use to it being a small Native, or Unicorn, for that matter. I got back to the signing

I made a shape with my hands, I stretched out my index fingers and made them touch, then proceeded to curl my thumbs inward, effectively making the shape of a heart. "L-love?" The Unicorn said uncertainly. I thought about it for a bit, then shook my head. I wanted to show that I tried to befriend the Natives, err, Ponies. I wonder if they have any books. I clasped my hands together and made a sweeping motion with my hands. "Read." She said. I shook one finger to show she was wrong, and then I pointed to my one outstretched hand,and made it look like I grabbed an invisible page and turned it. "Books!" She proclaimed, then looked confused, "You want to read? but readings boring." I looked at her, she truly was a child, but nevertheless I nodded in affirmation. "Well," she began "We could go to Twilight's Library, but I don't think they'll want to be seeing you in town very much." she chuckled nervously. I waved off her worries with a motion of my hand, and pointed to my eye. "Purple?" I shook my head, and pointed to my eye again, but before she could say anything, I brought my finger towards her. "See?" she asked. I nodded, and then made the book motion again. "So you just need to see the library and then you'll be ok?" I nodded, this wasn't entirely true, but I don't think I could explain my teleporting abilities.

"Well you could probably see it from the entrance to the town, and I don't think anypony will see you there." I nodded, but I ignored what she said regarding "anypony" perhaps it was just their way of speaking. I began to head back towards where I came, but before leaving turned to the Unicorn, and held out a hand. She looked unsure about whether or not to take it. I made a gesture to myself, then shook my head, punched my hand, and pointed to the Unicorn. "You, won't punch, me?" She thought about it, "You won't hurt me?" she said looking up at me. I nodded, I don't think I'd be able to, the way she was looking at me with her enormous green eyes. Had they been blue I think I would have started crying. I held out my hand once more, and she placed a hoof upon it. I smiled down at her and she smiled back up. I decided to lift her up and place her upon my shoulder. Clearly she had not expected this and was going to scream, until she land safely upon my shoulder. "Wow, look at how high up I am." I did not understand this young ones amazement with height, but then again she was a child.

As I made our way back to town we inevitably passed by the AppleLand. "Hey look it's Sweet Apple Acres." Clearly the child had either been here before, or had a reading skill sufficient for her age. I pointed to her and then to "Sweet Apple Acres" "Oh yeah I've been here tons of times, one of my friends lives there. I stopped to think, and then remembered the Bow Native, and I gulped. I poked her to grab her attention, than put both hands on my head, both of them in circles. "Oh so you've met Applebloom have you?" I waved my hand again, believing I should not tell what happened with the "Applebloom" I pointed to the young Unicorn on my shoulder "What?" I pointed towards Sweet Apple Acres, and then back to her. "Applebloom?" I shook my head and then jabbed at her. "Oh, you want to know my name." I nodded "My name is Sweetie Belle, but most people call me Sweetie." I made a mental note that if I should ever talk I will find Sweetie Belle first.

In almost no time at all myself and Sweetie Belle had found ourselves at the edge of Ponyville, I had not noticed how quickly time passes in this world, as the sky was already darkening. She was correct in thinking that no one had seen us. but how were we going to get to this library with all these Ponies in the way, oh yeah, I'm an Ender. I made the book motion once more in front of Sweetie Belle. "Umm it should be, right, There!" she exclaimed and pointed towards a rather large tree. I was actually somewhat glad to see this, as I had see Craftians living in trees before, and this was one building I felt confident I could fit into. I felt I should give Sweetie Belle fair warning as to what I was going to do. I pointed to her and then my stomach, and then made a thumbs down. "Me you bad?" Of course she wouldn't know where my stomach was, maybe if I pointed to her stomach. I grabbed her with both my hands and held her out in front of me, she looked a bit apprehensive. I pointed to her, than I gently poked her where I had hoped her stomach was, and it elected a small giggle out of her. I smiled at this, then did the thumbs down. "Me, stomach, bad." She thought about it for a moment. "I'm going to feel sick?" I nodded, and she laughed "Ha, you have no idea who you're dealing with, bring it on!" she proclaimed. I felt truly sorry for her, but she did say to bring it. I placed her upon my shoulder once more, and holding on to her, I searched for a way in.

I noticed a window, with light pouring out of it, and staring through, I could see floor, so I envisioned myself standing on that spot, and granted my body, and to a lesser extent Sweetie Belles, the ability to teleport. I once again felt the freedom of being able to move where ever I so chose, I had no idea what Sweetie Belle was feeling right now though. I came to stop inside the Tree Library, and my heart stopped as well. Before me where six Nat- err, Ponies, four of which I had never seen, two of which I met under unfortunate circumstances, and they were all blissfully unaware of me.I felt a movement on my shoulder and remembered Sweetie Belle. I could see her white face slowly turning green, I gently placed her on the floor, and slowly backed away, I could hear what the six were talking about. "I can't find anything in Fantastic Beasts and where to find them, or in Mythical Monsters." They were clearly talking about me, so I may have sped up the pace a bit backwards, and fell over a table. I cursed Notch for my unfortunate luck, and for the headache that came with the fall. I was groggy as I sat up with the help of my elbows, and came face to face with six Ponies, two of them scared, two of them angry and two of them intrigued. I had no idea what to do, so I held up my hand and said "Hello?"