• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 442 Views, 7 Comments

Linkin Pony: Own Worst Enemy - Kaciekk



When HyperBltiz can't get his energy out from helping the Rebellion team, it turns to madness.

  • ...
3
 7
 442

A Place for my Head

HyperBlitz raced through the sky. It was true that he was going to Los Pegasus, be he wasn't aware that his friends were following him. He glared down, eyes misty with tears, and spotted the east camp. He would pass that camp, then go more south.

He kept a safe distance from the ground, and lifted his head up. He saw a cloud lower in the sky. A blue pegasus sat down on it. Hyper tried to make sure he wouldn't notice him, but it was too late. The blue stallion glanced over and watched Hyper fly with angst.

"Hey HyperBlitz!" BlizardHat called out, then settled down as he saw the other pegasus. His eyes were filled with confusion. "Are you okay?"

"SHUT UP!" Hyper growled as he flew by the cloud.

BlizardHat stood up on his hooves and turned his head watching Hyper. "Where are you going?'

A few moments passed before Hyper said anything. Then farther in the distance he yelled out. "DON'T FOLLOW ME!" And then darted downwards to pick up speed.

BlizardHat slipped off the cloud and opened his wings to fly. "But HyperBlitz!-" He called out, but it was too late, for Hyper was to far away to hear him, even if he would listen.

Hyper swooped up in the sky and tried to fly strait. He pushed his glasses up with his hoof so they wouldn't fall off. He knew that if he flew for too long, he would have to take a break. After a while of flying, it would make his shoulder ache from the metal wing. And he couldn't use too much energy up. The only pure energy he had with him was in his wing and on his hoof cover.

His wings seemed to flap unconsciously. Hyper stared down at the world and saw the rocky, hilly terrain. he saw places were building use to hold ponies, but now were destroyed. I wonder if there are any Hybrids out here. If anywhere, they would have to be here. He let that go through his mind. But he really didn't care about Hybrids right now.

Why did I do that? Why did I just fly away from all of them? Maybe I do need some time away from those ponies. He glared up and the dusty sky, a small break in the clouds showed light blue space. But that light blue would soon fade back to dull gray. Hyper looked left, then right. Maybe the ponies in Los Pegasus would appreciate my help. I'm pretty sure that they aren't that coordinated

Again, Hyper felt guilt and regret filling inside of his chest. But he knew he needed to get some time alone. And flying would give of some of the energy inside of him. And of course, if he helped the ponies in the city, that could get some energy out. If the energy he needed to get out was only one spark of his anger, maybe once he did do so, he could clear his mind.

--

Tattooed hooves hit the ground and Hyper was glad to rest his wings. He turned off the energy orbs on his wing and hoof cover so he didn't waste any of it. He looked forward, the city started many lengths away. Hyper trotted toward a stone path. His hoof cover seemed to weigh down his left forehoof now that he turned the energy off. But he had a better feeling on his body after the long fly. It released some of the tension that he had.

He walked around into the streets of the city, lined up with abandoned shops. But some of the shops didn't seem all that abandoned. Some ponies seem to take them back, as a place to work, or as a home. Hyper saw a few ponies in the street caring things, or speaking to one another. But it wasn't like the city so long ago before the rebellion. where the street would be almost crowded.

Hyper glanced over and saw an older mare staring at him. She had a pale coat and weary eyes. She stepped forward and placed her hoof out. She had a hoof cover, which energy orb had no glow.

"Spare energy, sir?" She asked.

HyperBlitz glanced down at his hoof cover where he had turned off the energy. He really had noting to give to anypony, he need what he had. "Um.. no."

"No? Well, fuck you!" The mare snapped.

Hyper jumped back as she started for him. He swirled around and started galloping away as she followed him. He had no time to turn on his wing, and he was pretty sure he could outrun that mare. He turned his head around and saw she was still running after him. What the fuck is wrong with that mare? Is she insane?!

He turned around the corner then slid through an open doorway. Hyper was still for a few moments, then noticed she was gone. He gave a sigh of relief.

HyperBlitz then stepped out of the building and looked around. He started down the road again. He thought to himself This is a different spot in the city then I was in before a few months ago. There probably is nopony that recognizes me. Wait a minute, what am I thinking! Of course somepony will have to recognize me, this is Los Pegasus! I'm sure that they know about music before. Unless they forgot or just don't care anymore.

He looked over in the distance, and saw large buildings. Nopony would probably go there, for it would be dangerous with many things deteriorating. But what could they do? Why would they just leave the buildings there?

Many ponies eyed Hyper as he went through the town. He wasn't sure if they were staring at him because they recognized him, or he just looked odd. But was 'odd' for this city?

Hyper glanced around, he wondered how he could help ponies here. Would they let him help, or would they be ponies like CharmingRhythm, saying they can do things for themselves? Hyper hopped that there was somepony here who would take his assistance.

His brown eyes followed ponies that went down the dusty streets. The world was pale as ever, and the ponies in Los Pegasus didn't seem to do anything about it. They didn't seem to care for the rebellion team, and didn't join with it. Did they really think they can live a life in the condition of the world now? Maybe that's what HyperBlitz should do, tell the ponies to change their ways.

As he walked, he heard some ponies speaking. They both sounded like mares. Hyper turned his head and say two mares, one younger then the other. The younger one was a brown pegasus with red hair, the older one was orange, with a brown and dark red mane. They seemed to be related.

"How am I going to get enegy? No pony out here gives away energy." The younger mare said.

"I'll figure it out." She picked up her hoof, looking at the hoof cover with a blue glow. The younger mare's hoof cover had no glow. "But it's dangerous for you to go too long without energy."

HyperBlitz stepped up to the mares. "You need to find energy?" He asked.

They both stared up at him. The orange mare tilted her head. "And what is it to you? We don't need any help from a stranger."

"I'm sorry... but yes it is dangerous to go without energy." Hyper stared down at her hoof cover. "Can your hoof cover not find energy itself?"

"If can do that?" The mare mumbled.

"If you have a magnet."

HyperBltiz sat down at picked up his hoof cover. He twisted the bottom of it open with his other hoof. He slid out a thin piece of metal. He then got up, and extend his hoof to the mare. She placed her hoof with the cover forward. He then unscrewed the end of her metal hoof cover. He placed the magnet inside, and place the cap back on.

"It's not as strong as an actually energy detector, but it will help." Hyper pointed to a switch on her cover. " Those will change the settings. To the right, will draw in energy, and act like a detector. The left, will draw out energy, in case you get into any trouble. But keep it on the middle setting, that will stabilize it, and not waste anything."

The orange mare picked up her hoof and stared at it with awe. "Thank you..."

"No problem."

"You don't need the magnet yourself?"

"I can probably get another one." Hyper explained. "But you need it if you want to find energy for your friend here."

The mare's glanced to each other. "Oh, this is my daughter." The older one said.

Hyper bowed his head. "Well, you have a beautiful daughter."

The brown mare scowled at him a bit.

"What? Can I not call anypony beautiful? I am just being polite."

"But thank you again." The orange pegasus nodded her head. "Maybe I can tell others about this magnet. I think it will help."

Hyper nodded his head too, and watched the mares trot off. He had helped some ponies, and that made him feel good. Of course he didn't have enough things to give away, but he could give them information. He only hoped that they would take his words.