• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 441 Views, 7 Comments

Linkin Pony: Own Worst Enemy - Kaciekk



When HyperBltiz can't get his energy out from helping the Rebellion team, it turns to madness.

  • ...
3
 7
 441

One Step Closer

In the morning, HyperBlitz tried to get a hold of him mind. He barely got any sleep. As he left his bed, his joints cracked with pain. Hyper tried to study what was in front of him, but his vision was blurry.

He placed his hooves down where gray light hit the floor. He turned over to the hallway, he glanced outside, then took his gait forward. He staggered into the mainroom, where nopony was. Everypony must have been still sleeping. It was quite early.

Hyper passed through into the meeting room. He got some coffee that BlazingFlair usually drank. He sat at the end of the oval table. Hyper placed his head down, and didn't move. He didn't even drink his coffee, but just stayed there with his head on his forelegs. He really didn't do much, for he ached from lack of sleep. He didn't think about time either, so he sat there for a long time.

After a while, clopping of hooves entered the room. The pasted by Hyper with a mellow voice following.

"Good morning."

Hyper just mumbled, as he lifted his head. His blurry vision made out the shape of the orange pony.

"Hey, why are you drinking my coffee?" The pony said with a little smirk.

"Why can't I?!" Hyper snapped.

"Whoa, I was just kidding. It's fine."

Hyper rubbed his forehoof on his head. "I'm sorry BlazingFlair, I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Why not?" Blazing asked.

"I don't know. I really didn't do anything yesterday. I guess I didn't get enough energy out of me. But nopony wants me to help. And if I do help, they say I am doing something wrong!" Hyper explained.

"Hmm..." Blazing went over to the counter. "We can always use a look-out Pegasus for a scout team. I'm gonna go out today, you can come with me."

"But that is later! I don't want to wait..." Hyper grumbled.

"You are always impatient." Blazing rolled his green eyes.



Later in the day, HyperBlitz stepped out into the world.He was happy to be out now. Hyper had been a bit too anxious, bugging BlazingFlair all the time as he waited.

Hyper stretched his wings out and lifted to the air. He raced through the sky above the scout team. ThunderCharm, who was with them, stretched her head up. She caught sight of Hyper flying in front.

"HyperBlitz! Slow down!!"

"Just..." Blazing put his golden hoof on her shoulder. "Let him be."

Hyper looked around, wondering what he could do. Was there anything out in the out-lands anymore? His eyes caught sight of something reflecting blurred light. Hyper fluttered his wings, and slowed down, then raced down towards the object. His red hooves sat down on the ground, and he gazed up with anticipation. It was an Energy Node, something that Hybrids had put up to take away any energy that was in the ground.

Then the clopping of hooves came to his side. ThunderCharm stared at the Node. "It's already disabled. No need to destroy it."

"What? Why can't we destroy it?!" Hyper yelled out.

Thunder shook her head. "That would be no use. If it had been disabled right away, you could destroy it, leaving the energy out, and making plants grow. But since it wasn't destroyed then, there's no sense in doing so now."

"Then that's why we should destroy it!" Hyper flashed his wings out. "There's no use for it, so why leave it here? We can probably use parts from it!" He started towards the Node.

"No! We have plenty of parts..." Thunder started.

"What's the big deal of having more!?" Hyper snapped.

"You don't want to waste your own energy on something like this! You can use it for better reasons!"

Hyper folded his wings down. "You could of said that to start with."

Blazing stepped aside and rolled his green eyes. "Hyper, you need to stop being so grumpy."

Hyper just muttered, and started to follow the ponies on hoof now. He watched and stood by as they looked through the fields. They searched through the rubble, and placed boxes to the side. This is usually what they did, nothing special. Hyper didn't bother to move, for he didn't want to mess anything up or make any of the ponies angry. He was always a pony to be all over the place and to get hurt. He felt useless right now.

His eyes gazed over and watched the other ponies point to other directions. Suddenly, Hyper noticed that they were leaving. He jumped up and opened his wings. He quickly fluttered over them. The ponies seemed to be going at a slow pace, well at least it seemed to Hyper.

"We're going back to the camp." Thunder announced.

"Already?" Hyper said.

"We've been out here for over an hour."

"How do you know?"

"Because her hoof cover has a watch on it." Blazing exclaimed.

Hyper just moaned, and kept flying above the ponies. They seemed to be going at too slow of a pace for him. The pegasus stared forward, and saw the building of the base camp. He then shot forward, leaving the other behind. His hooves slid across the ground, and he whipped his head up. Some ponies noticed, while others just kept going on with their normal duties. Soon enough, the scout team came up to Hyper's

"Find anything?" SunSwirl trotted up and asked.

Thunder looked at the older mare. "There was an Energy Node, but it was already disabled. That's pretty much it."

"Alright." The unicorn nodded, then as she slowly backed away, gave Hyper an annoyed glare.

Then Hyper took his stride through the camp. He eyed other ponies inside of the buildings. Most of them didn't notice him. He kept going forward, without knowing what to do.

"Hey." A little voice came from the side.

"What?!" Hyper Snapped.

"I.. I'm sorry." LilyMist spoke, putting her head down.

"Oh.. LilyMist.... Sorry, I didn't mean to yell like that." Hyper apologized

"Its.. its just that I heard from other ponies that you need something to do. And That you want to help. I have a box of flowers I was going to give to the East camp. But I'm small, and It would take a long time to get there. And I'm sure mamma wouldn't let me go. I was wondering if you can bring the flowers. You do have wings, you'd be much faster."

Hyper looked to the side of the filly where a small box sat. "Sure. I can do that." He then placed his hooves on the box an lifted it up. "The Est camp, right?" The filly nodded, and he lifted upwards.

He left the camp, and headed towards the east. Hyper floated above the buildings that ponies were bringing back from being destroyed. He looked at the clouds, that spread across the sky in waved patterns. He clamped his hooves tighter on the box to make sure it wouldn't slip. He wondered how much a little plant could help ponies. Could this plant help really? I guess every little bit counts. That's what I want to show ponies! I want to help just a little.

Hyper slowly drifted down, and placed the box on the cold ground. He looked at the camp in front of him. It was much smaller, and had less ponies. And it wasn't as cleaned up. A young dark blue pegasus came to Hyper. He had a short wavy mane and a bright expression . His teal eyes greeted Hyper with please.

"HyperBlitz, it's been a while since I've seen you."

"It's good to see you, BlizardHat." Hyper pushed the box forward with his forehoof. "This has some flowers in it. A filly in the base camp said that you needed some."

"Oh, yes!" BlizardHat exclaimed. "Thanks!"

Hyper shook his head. "No, don't thank me, I only brought it. It was LilyMist."

"Well, then tell her we thank her." Blizard said.

Hyper looked around, wondering what else to say. He couldn't really think of anything. BlizardHat seemed a bit uneasy too.

"Well, are you doing okay?" Blizard started.

"Eh, alright." Hyper shrugged.

"Okay... Have you guys played any more music? Or will you play some more?" Blizard asked.

"It's a possibility that we will." Hyper replied.

The blue pegasus nodded. "Cool! If you guys do play some music, let me know. I don't want to miss anything."

Hyper and Blizard spoke for a few more moments, then Hyper lifted off to the air again. He turned around and went back towards his home.

HyperBlitz was able to sleep a little better that night, with getting some of his energy off by flying. But still he felt guilty that he had not help as much as he could. That's all I need to do! The ponies ask for help, and I do help, but then they say I'm doing it wrong! I don't understand. What do they need?