• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 437 Views, 7 Comments

Linkin Pony: Own Worst Enemy - Kaciekk



When HyperBltiz can't get his energy out from helping the Rebellion team, it turns to madness.

  • ...
3
 7
 437

Crawl Back In

HyperBlitz was thankful for meeting the mares. Ember had given him some vegtables, and a saddlebag so he could bring some with him. The white mare had also given him a blanket, so he could sleep. But was there any good place to sleep? Hyper was sure many ponies didn't have a home, and he was also sure that many buildings were abandoned.

The pegasus sat down on a rusted bench. He glanced at the sky as it got darker between the alley. Hyper opened the saddlebag, it really wasnt much of a saddlebag, but more of a pouch with a loose strap tided to it. Hyper pulled his glasses off of his face and put them in the bag. Then he put the strap around his waist and sat up. He placed all of his hooves down on the ground and glaced around.

Many ponies were out of the street now. They probably were getting ready for the night. Hyper had to do the same too. He felt a bit weary, but he guessed that was good. He needed some rest, but he probably couldn't get a good night's sleep out here.

Hyper took his gait down the alley and felt a cool breeze on his coat. He scanned the area, and noticed an older stallion shifting around. He placed things to the side, and moved up pieces of wood. He was dark gray with black and violet hair. He seemed to be setting things around a tent, which was held together by a thin sheet, wooden boards, and scrap metal.

Hyper stepped up towards the pony and spoke. "Do you live here?"

"What is it to you!" The stallion snapped.

"Nothing, nothing!" Hyper trembled. He quickly turned the other way.He didn't know why anypony needed to be so rude. Hyper had asked in a nice way also.

He strided away, and was in search for a place to stay. In the growing darkness he spotted a doorway. It led into one of the abandoned shops. He pushed his shoulder against the wooded door and went in.

Hyper couldn't see anything. He wasn't sure what was inside the shop, but there seemed to bee shelves and bins lined up. He didn't want to move anything. His ears flickered as something came from his left. He swirled his neck to the side and saw a blue glow light up a pony's silhouette.

"Who are you?" A mare's voice exclaimed.

"I-I'm sorry." Hyper said softly.

He was unable to make out much details of the pony, but it seemed to be a young bright colored pegasus mare who wore glasses.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I don't really have anywhere to stay." Hyper spoke.

"And you want to sleep here?" The mare questioned.

"I'm not going to mess with anything, I was just going to put my blanket down and sleep over there."

"Um, alright. But don't knock over anything. This place is the only thing I can look forward too in life." The mare replied.

Hyper wasn't sure what she meant by that, but he guessed he would find out in the morning when it was light. He grabbed his blanket and stretched it out over the floor. He folded an end of it to make a resting place for his head.

The pegasus scrambled his legs around to get comfortable, though the floor was hard and cold. It wasn't the first time he had slept on the floor. Hyper remembered that his bed felt hard when they had first got to the base. He preferred having that instead of what he had now. It took him a while to just calm his mind down, for he kept regretting leaving his friends.

HyperBlitz awoke and strained his eyes open to the light. He lifted his head with pain. He scanned the room as his fuzzy vision faded. He saw the mare sleeping in the opposite cornor. She seemed to be more comfortable the Hyper for she had more blankets. She had a red-orange coat, and a dark brown mane.

Hyper turned to fold up his cover, and saw the shelves around him. Many things seemed to be missing, for they were broken. Some of the broken pieces laid in a corner, while some still on the shelves or floor. But he also noticed a few things in tact. They were in small square, flat cases. They sat inside slots in the shelves and bins. CDs.

He was awed to see so many where still here. Hyper know guessed this was what the mare was talking about, for music was special in this world now. He still didn't want to mess with anything, so he just decided to stuff his blanket back into his ragged saddlebag. Just before he did, he pulled his glasses out and placed them on the ridge of his muzzle.

Hyper took his gait slowly forward, but the mare arose. Her brown gaze met with Hyper's. He slugged down as she got to her hooves.

"I was just leaving." He said.

"Leaving so soon? I really don't mind if you stay, sometimes it's lonely here."

Hyper eyed the content of the room. "So you watch over this place?" The pony nodded. "Ah, I would too, this stuff is special. You gotta save what music you got left."

"Mm-hmm." She agreed. "I just couldn't let these things be. Music means so much to me, music is my life."

"No it's not." Hyper retorted as she gazed confused. "Music is something special that anypony, and everypony can relate to. It's not your life unless you make music." Hyper placed his hooves towards the shelves. "Music was my life."

"You made music?" Hyper only nodded slowly. "Hmm, it does seem like you're familiar, but I just can't remember."

Hyper didn't say anything else, he just passed by the lists of music. He noticed some where collected together just as they would be before the Catalyst.

"Would you like me to get you something to eat? Some water?" The orange pony offered.

Hyper didn't want to bother by getting food from her, for he had his own. He swallowed and noticed how dry his throat felt. "Some water would be nice."

The young pegasus turned and went towards a back room. Hyper just sat down on the floor and studied the selections. He read off many names of bands that he remembered of from the past. Cold Pony, Fall Out Pony, Green Neigh, Imagine Stallions, and there was one he was very fond of, Stone Temple Pegasi .

Hyper noticed that the genre was all sort of the same, rock, alternitive rock. He dared to look any further through the names of this section, but his eyes deceived his as the caught sight of the name. He didn't want to go for it, but his red hoove slid the gray case out of the slot. His eyes registered on the painting of the cover. A dark red pony figure, with moth like wings, standing up, holding a flag. The title read with sketchy letters, and the 'N's backwards, "Linkin Pony' and the botton,'Hybrid Theory'.

Hyper remembered how young he was when he and his friends had created that album. It was their first album, defining who they were, introducing their music to the world. Hyper had heartache, really wanting this life back again. He knew that CharmingRhythm use to always write music, no matter what. He would write music, non-stop sometimes. So what happened? Why couldn't Rhythm do that now? Why couldn't any of them do that.

Again, his actions denied his mind, for he opened the CD case. He saw that the bright red disc was perfect, no cracks at all. Hyper placed the case with the disc down and pulled out the little booklet. He scanned over the lyrics, but didn't really read them. He saw the section where each member of the band gave a shoutout and thanks. He read over some of them, and felt even more sorrow. Hyper studied EchoBeat's thanks, and where he said 'Rhythm, Hyper, and all of my friends who have been there for me throughout the years.'

Hyper placed the booklet down as his eyes fogged up. He held his breath heavily as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Clopping of hooves stopped at Hyper, but he didn't noticed the mare until she spoke. "Are you crying?"

She placed a glass of water by Hyper's left side, and tilted her head down. He glared up through his glasses, and he tried to steady his breath. But no words could come out, he didn't think of anything to say. He only turned his head back down.

The mare's orange hoof pulled over the case. She flipped it over and looked at the picture on the back. "Is this you? It looks like you, yellow pegasus, same tattoos, but then it looks a little different, and you don't have blonde hair."

"It was dyed." Hyper coughed, from his thoat being dry, and clenching up from sadness. He pulled over the glass and took a few drinks.

"Linkin Pony? I knew you seemed familiar. I love the music, and they used to be my favorite band. Are these guys your friends?"

"They're my best friends... well add one." Hyper said, and was talking about BlazingFlair, for he wasn't on that album. "And I ran away from them..."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I'm just not thinking strait. I really should go back,,," Hyper gagged a bit. "Their my friends, my family." He got to his hooves and took a few deep breathes. He tried to shake it off of himself, and changed the subject. "I was going to leave real soon, but you've been so nice to me. Is there any way I can help you?"

"No not really." She said. "Nothing I can think of."

"Are you sure? I can help you organize these CDs, and clean up." Hyper was just about to go towards the shelves, but the orange pegasus stopped him.

"No, no, I'm fine. If there is any way I want them organized I can do it myself."

"Are you sure? I want to help ponies. I can! If anything, I can-"

"No, really you're okay. No need to go to the trouble."

"But it's not any trouble..." Hyper trailed off. "I'll just go then." He picked up his bag and strapped it tightly.

As he walked out the door way the young pony called out behind him. "Wait, you don't have to go!" But Hyper just kept trotting with his head down low.