• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 442 Views, 7 Comments

Linkin Pony: Own Worst Enemy - Kaciekk



When HyperBltiz can't get his energy out from helping the Rebellion team, it turns to madness.

  • ...
3
 7
 442

Runaway

CharmingRhythm stepped out into the mainroom with HeartFelt. They both exchanged concerned faces. They knew if they wanted to speak, they would have to be away from HyperBlitz's room.

HeartFelt came closer to Rhythm as he sighed. "It feels like something is getting to me now. I don't like arguing with Hyper, but he just urges me..." He glared down at the gray floor. "I don't understand why he's gotten like this. He never has before."

SpinningNote watched them from the other side of the room. "I think I know what it might be." The two other unicorns looked to him. "Midlife crisis probably."

HeartFelt and CharmingRhythm gave him annoyed looks. Even EchoBeat glanced over from the computer with a disturbed expression.

"Spinning, we're being serious." Rhythm told him.

"I know." Spinning replied.

"You may have acted like that wasn't a joke, but I know it was."

"Whatever." Spinning shrugged. He then swirled around flashing his black tail as he went into the meeting room.

Rhythm looked back to HeartFelt and shook his head. "At least some of us are acting the same."

HeartFelt nudged her head against him. "Rhythm, Everything will be okay. We just need to let Hyper figure this out for himself."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course." She said, with sincerity in her eyes. "We can't let anything slow us down."

"You're right." Rhythm looked up. "We still need to work, no matter what the work is. And I have a job of my own. Echo, you said that some of the ponies were worried because I haven't been out in a few days right?"

The red pony nodded.

"Well, I think I should go to the camp anyways. Does it matter? I am the leader of the Rebellion team, and they need my advice."

"We should go out tomorrow." HeartFelt added.

"Right." Rhythm replied, in a more positive posture.


The next day, It was late morning when Rhythm decided to get ready to go to the camp.

"Are you sure you want to go out?" FeatherTune asked.

"We don't want the ponies there to worry just because I'm staying inside all of the time, right?"

"I guess so." Feather shrugged. "But what about you being hurt. I know you've gotten better, but somepony is bound to notice."

HeartFelt stepped up to the cream pegasus. "But it's better to tell the truth if they ask."

"Are we all going?" EchoBeat asked.

"Why not?" Rhythm replied.

"What about Hyper?" Feather mumbled.

BlazingFlair came from behind them. "I think we should give him a chance."

Just then, all of the ponies turned their heads to the right. HyperBlitz watched them from the hallway. His eyes hidden underneath glasses.

"Would you like to come?" Blazing said.

"Should I really..." Hyper grumbled.

HeartFelt placed her line hooves forward. "I actually think it will help you Hyper."

"Alright." He shrugged.

All seven ponies went out to the camp. They decided to go to the farther part of the camp, where buildings lined up. They were there from neighborhoods before the Catalyst. The ponies were doing their job in restoring the neighborhood. Many ponies already lived in some of the building, but many buildings still needed to be fixed up.

"Hey ThunderCharm!" BlazingFlair waved his hoof towards the purple pegasus.

"Hi there!! You all came?! Awesome!" She fluttered over to the group. "We are putting some things together. We have pieces of wood, metal, stone, stuff like that, and we can use them to fix up the buildings."

FeatherTune stood up on his hindlegs. "Over there? I could get some and bring it to the other ponies."

"That would be great."

Feather then flew around the other buildings. ThunderCharm's attention came back to the other ponies.

"It's good to see you CharmingRhythm, I was starting to worry." But just as they expected, she noticed Rhythm's bruises. "What's wrong with your eye?"

"It's nothing." The unicorn put his head down. HeartFelt then nudged him with her shoulder. He flipped his head up and stared at her.

"Hyper and Rhythm got into a little fight." HeartFelt explained.

"What?!" ThunderCharm's aqua eyes widened. "But you guys are best friends!"

"It was my fault anyways." Hyper mutter from the left.

"We can't let mistakes slow us down." Rhythm told the younger pony.

"Right." Thunder nodded, still eying Hyper.

All of the ponies went out and chose jobs to do. They didn't scatter far from each other, they still worked in teams. But HyperBlitz only sat down against a wall of a building and stared at the ground. He tried not to look up at the ponies who worked. He didn't want to work at all, what if the ponies disapprove?

He couldn't help but to look up. His brown eyes darted around looking to his companions. He watched Feather carry supplies to other groups of ponies that tapped things into the side of buildings. SpinningNote was helping with re-wiring a generator. Hyper looked down the dirt path that lined up the buildings, he could see the other side where more of the neighborhood was. At least there was enough of housing for new ponies to come in.

I wonder if SweetHooves got a house out here. I hope she likes it better then in Los Pegasus Hyper thought to himself. He glanced over and saw a gray colt with a green filly, playing with each other. And there are plenty of kids here. I'm sure JumpingJolt could make some friends. But I didn't even see Jolt when Sweethooves came to talk with me.

He watched to the right and saw CharmingRhythm breaking apart a chain-link fence. Hyper guessed that they didn't need the fence anymore, especially when it was rusting. Blue magic pulled out large screws from the fence. BlazingFlair stood next to the unicorn.

"Let me help." Blazing said.

"No, I got this." Rhythm replied.

Hyper knew that Rhythm was always a pony to do things by himself. He did not take help from other ponies, but he did got to others and help. He was always determined to do something his way if anything at all.

Just then, Hyper then saw purple hooves trot up to him. He glanced up, and saw ThunderCharm through his glasses.

"You can help too. I know you want to help us, it's okay."

The yellow pegasus pulled himself up to his hooves. He shook his head and glared down.

Spinning stepped over and turned his head from his work. "He's not gonna do anything. If he does, he'll think that he's doing something wrong, and get angry."

"Spinning..." EchoBeat mumbled, trying to stop him.

HyperBlitz raised his head. "No, he's right."

"Hype, you can help, seriously." ThunderCharm urged him.

"No, SpinningNote is right!" Hyper raised his voice. "If I try to help anypony, I'll end up messing things up! it's not that I think I am messing up, I know I am! You even say so!"

The other ponies gathered around. Blazing put his head low. "Dude, calm down-"

"NO!" Hyper snapped. " You don't like my assistance! Everything is my fault! I'm the reason why all of you get angry! I'm the reason all of the little ponies are afraid!" The colt and filly were actually scared when he spoke, for his voice came to yelling. "I'm the reason why CharmingRhythm is hurt!!!"

The blue-gray stallion tried to go against his words. "It was a mistake Hyper."

"NO IT WASN'T! How could that been a mistake?! I did it to you, you got hurt, it's all my fault, and I couldn't stop myself!! It would be better if I wasn't here! You could get more things done, without me slowing you down!"

"That's not true!" EchoBeat called to him.

"Yes it is! Don't deny it!" HyperBlitz raged up, and jumped into the air, his wings flapping madly. "None of you need me!" He then swirled around and dashed through the air, above the buildings.

"HyperBlitz!!!!" CharmingRhythm yelled out.

All of the ponies ran up and slip across the dirt. The all stared upwards and watched their friend vanish.

"Where is he going?!" FeatherTune exclaimed.

BlazingFlair looked at the sky, then the horizon. "South-east." He said.

"Do you think he's going to Los Pegasus?" Spinning asked.

"Probably, it's the only place we've been to." Blazing replied. "But it looks like he's going strait down to the city, unlike the way we went before, around the side on the train."

"We need to follow him." EchoBeat let out. "But we should proabably go the same way he is. Even if we have to go through all of the hills, it would be better, because we might end up in the same place."

"That's true, because if we take the train, we would end up on a totally different side of town." Rhythm nodded. He turned his head to his wife. "HeartFelt, I'm afraid we have to follow him. But you should stay behind. I'm sorry, but I think the five of us will be enough, and you should have to go through the trouble."

The green mare retorted in a concerned voice. "I'll have to be here all alone... but you guys should be careful. Especial traveling. "

SpinningNote started to trot over. "I'm going to the base to get supplies, you never know how long we'll be gone."

HeartFelt nodded and followed him. "I'll get some stuff for you too."