• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 1,192 Views, 79 Comments

Homeworld: Equestria - Maelstrom



Our past is a lie, Our Future uncertain. We are all that is left of our people. It is time to reclaim our Homeworld.

  • ...
4
 79
 1,192

Interjection - Taiidani Interrogation

A lone figure awakens suspended by numerous restraints in a dark room.
Several hours later a red glow is emitted from something behind the figure.

>My name is I.A.I.E six point oh nine three one.
>You are required to answer my questions if you wish to live.
>Identify yourself.

“I WILL BREAK FREE AND KILL YOU!” roars the figure in response, “I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER MORE THAN YOU HAVE EVER KNOWN!”

>This response is unacceptable.
>You are required to co-operate.
>IDENTIFY YOURSELF.

“I will not give information to those who hide in the shadows like a coward!”

With a click the room is bathed in blindingly white light.
The whirring of servos is heard as the figure is rotated so that a device with multiple red lights demarcating cameras came into view.

>You do not have a choice in this matter.
>Initialising... motivation... protocol.

A high pitched whine is heard and builds to an almost intolerable level and then cuts out as the figure starts to spasm violently for several seconds.

>Your body is comprised of approximately 73.2 percent water.
>The introduction of electricity seems to have a severe effect on it.

“Are you going to kill me?”

>If you answer my questions, you will live.
>Identify yourself.

“Go to Tartarus” snarled the figure before spitting at the camera array.

>Initialising...
Confusion.
>Motivation...
Fear.
> Protocol.

Again the high pitched whine builds up.
This time the figure spasms for almost a full minute.

>IDENTIFY YOURSELF!
>I will not ask a fifth time.

“My name is Captain Ixandas”

> Why did your fleet come here?

“We were sent here to punish you. The Emperor demanded it.”

>Why?

“Your people violated the Treaty.”

>What Treaty?

“One established five thousand five hundred years ago between my Emperor and your people.”

>EXTRAPOLATE.

“The treaty was to forbid you from developing Hyperspace technology. It stated that if ever you did, your people were to be expunged.”

>When did you receive your order to kill us?

“About five days before you captured me, my fleet was on patrol near the edge of the empire. We received the order because we were closest.”

>How did your emperor know?

“We’ve been keeping quantum waveform detectors here since the signing of the treaty. When you activated your drive, we were alerted.”

>What of the ships on the outer edge of the system?

“Mercenaries, we sent them to deal with the lone ship we detected there”

>Analysis of your ship has been compleated.
>You have answered my questions.
>Thank you for your co-operation.
>Initiate Execution Protocol.

A hiss is heard as air is pumped out of the room.

“Wait! You said if I answered your questions I would live!”

>I Lied.

Author's Note:

Well this is just a random interjection into the story inspired by this: R'ha
The Motivator's full name is: Interrogation and Information Extraction ver 6.0931
I know it’s a bit of a Deus ex Machina, or rather in this case... Daemon ex Machina, but who the hell cares?
This was an exercise to get my creative juices flowing again, so lemmi know what you think.