• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 1,186 Views, 79 Comments

Homeworld: Equestria - Maelstrom



Our past is a lie, Our Future uncertain. We are all that is left of our people. It is time to reclaim our Homeworld.

  • ...
4
 79
 1,186

Hiatus

Unfortunately I am putting this story on Hiatus, due in part to the fact that I have been suffering writers block, and i've been busy with a lot of other obligations.

I will likely continue this story in the new year

I am truly sorry for this.

-edit-
I got my job back, so that's nice.

Comments ( 9 )

3113287
ok sorry but your comment is highly confusing.

what are you yessing to??

3113306

The story of course! Homeworld is awesome.

3114998
Of course it is! And its making a comeback too! check my blog entries.

3128636
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm aware that it is dark, even for HW, especially for ponies, but that was the idea. I wanted to show in a way that the exiles have active contempt/hatred for the Taiidani due to the whole genocide thing. Would you not also throw ideas such a the ethical treatment of captives out the window if said captive had been in part responsible for reducing your people to 2% of their original numbers?

also note, this is not the only time I.A.I.E. will make an appearance. because there will still be more captives to... motivate.

i may have to add the "DARK" tag

3758853
Thanks.

I'm working on new chapter but its slow going...

and i keep getting side tracked by Anime and Games

2429194

Bare in mind that I have little to no knowledge of this game. My comment is mainly based on the perspective of an outsider.

Despite the fact that I don't really enjoy stories written in this format, I truly enjoyed how well it was all written nonetheless. You have such a way with sentence structure and character building! Also I found very few grammatical errors as well. (You won't believe how frustrating bad grammar is or how badly it ruins the flow!)

I enjoyed the premise of your story too. You had a wonderful prologue and a pretty strong plot following through. Once again, I'm not sure just how strongly you have followed the plot of your game.

This story was so promising up until the point you cancelled and I'm rather disappointed... :applejackunsure: I strongly recommend you give this another go. :twilightsmile:

6634799
Thanks for your kind words.

I really want to continue the story but can never find the time to do so. (one of the reasons I stopped was i had no time to work on it as my work responsibility increased)

If ever I find the time I will definitely continue this story.

also I am following the major plot points of the game in the "global" events like the destruction of the planet ect. crew level interaction is entirely my own story.

In the meantime have a look at Hiigaran's Homeworld fan fic, he did a fantastic job and the nice thing is you don't need to know the Homeworld story to grasp whats going on.

Login or register to comment