• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 3,365 Views, 54 Comments

The Funny Brain - Rexis



A story based on the internal conflict of Pinkie Pie's feelings towards Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
11
 54
 3,365

A Jack of Heart

Applejack and Pinkie Pie started walking around the Sweet Apple Acres. Pinkie described in exaggerated matters the feelings she had been getting and the events that had transpired throughout the day. Applejack never uttered a word. She was silently deep in thought, thinking what vocabulary would be appropriate to help her friend in need. An hour or so had passed and the Sun was already setting beautifully in the hills of Sweet Apple Acres.

"...and that's how I ended up in your tree." the mare finally inhaled.

Applejack didn't blush, or interrupted Pinkie in any moment, and now that she had finished, Applejack was placing the last words in her head. She turned to Pinkie who was now, surprisingly, staring at the ground, her usual smile was not there. Instead a frustrated clench held her face. No other pony was concerned enough to actually let Pinkie Pie express herself fully. She wanted to tell it her own way, to let off the steam in the only way she knew how to, by exaggerating. It wasn't a plead for attention, it was just the way Pinkie handled these situation in specific. Applejack knew all of this.

"...I..I just don't know Applejack..." she sniffed and rubbed a hoof on her nose. A pause. Pinkie began to doubt her own actions. She was regretting her emotions.

Her eyes began to water as she contemplated the sun setting. "...should I just forget about it...?" A tear ran down her left cheek. "I don't even know if she's even into mares...and even if she was, why would she choose me..." She blinked and more tears were dropped. "All I've ever done is annoy...and confuse her..." Her mane lost its fluff, her vivid pink skin began to be darker. But Applejack stood her ground, she was not going to console her, not until she was done. "...why should I bother to have feeling that will never be returned to me, the way I need them to be...why should I bother..." She sank her face in between her legs and closed her eyes. A moment of silence.

Suddenly a hoof was felt. Pinkie felt the warmth of the hoof and began to sob uncontrollably. Applejack then embraced Pinkie in a hug. She removed her head in between her legs and placed it in Applejack's chest. Pinkie also placed her hooves around Applejack. Tears and more tears fled the pink mare's face and now covered Applejack's chest. A few minutes passed and Pinkie's sob began to slow. It was here Applejack spoke.

"Pinkie, I reckon you've been feeling like this for a long time...why didn't you come to me sooner?"

Pinkie shrugged and raised her shoulders in response, her face was still in her chest and didn't look at Applejack's eyes. Just the horizon.

"Pinkie, if there are two things we can't control in this life...that would be our death and our hearts. Ya'll can't choose who you fall in love with. It just happens. Just like death. The feelings you're dealing with are as natural as, this here Apple Tree. Don't be ashamed of them. As for ma' advice, I suggest you tell her when you are feeling ready, and when the moment is an appropriate one."

"...but...what happens if I can never find an appropriate moment?" Pinkie now left her chest and looked at Applejack with puffy eyes.

"Then ya two weren't meant to be..." honesty filled each word. Pinkie could sense them and she stood there silently.

"Pinkie, you're worrying too much at the future. Live today, and pray Celestia for a tomorrow worth living for. If tomorrow brings a good harvest then take advantage of it. It it doesn't, then ask for the strength to see the day it does arrive. At the end of the day though, it will be your decision, Sugarcube. I merely just gave ma' opinion." She placed a hoof on Pinkie's shoulder. Pinkie smiled and with that a bit of color also came back to her face.

"Thank you Applejack, I'm glad I asked for your opinion. I will wait for the moment to arrive." A hug enveloped Applejack. "Well it's getting late!" A sudden poof, brought Pinkie back to her normal self, puffy mane and everything. Applejack was finally relieved to see her friend well. They both walked back to the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres, said their goodbyes and went to their own respective homes. Pinkie hopped back, still letting in everything that had happened.

Is the "feel" moment gone?

Pinkie nodded happily again, to her overstimulated brain.

All right, now that you have a new resolution what are you planning to do?

"The same thing we always do. Have fun." Pinkie felt proud those words escaped her mouth.

I like that. But you can't possibly leave your situation like this. What will the fans say ab- A television set made some static noises. Whoa, is it time for my favorite show already? Let me get the dress, it must be done by now. A distant noise was heard.

-Long ago in a distant land. I, Brain, the random master of spontaneity, unleashed an unspeakable desire. But a foolish pony wielding a party cannon stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck I tore open an idea, where it consumed her day and night. Now the foolish pink mare seeks to her friends for ideas, so she may finally gather up the strength and be able to shut me up.-

Pinkie just moved her in denial and smirked. She ignored her thoughts and headed towards Sugarcube Corner. She passed through some house and walked next to the Library. She just smiled and didn't even bother looking inside, Twilight's home. Suddenly a door opened.

"Pinkie?" Twilight said to the moving pony, hoping it wasn't another lifelike balloon creation.

Pinkie stopped and stared at her crush. She couldn't help but blush a little. "Oh, hi, Twilight. What are you doing outside?" Pinkie asked staying her ground. She was frozen in place.

"I could ask you the same thing." She walked towards her. "Anyway, I'm actually glad to see you. I wanted to apologize to you."

"Apologize? For what, Twilight?" Pinkie finally unfroze and was now less tense.

"Earlier today I asked if I could know what advice you wanted to ask Applejack, without actually knowing what was about. I didn't know if it was something private or something you didn't want to talk to anypony about it. I'm sorry for intruding in your personal life. But just know that if you ever need some advice or somepony to talk to, you can talk to me." Twilight finished off and now was staring directly into Pinkie's eyes.

"Nah, don't worry about it. And I'm also sorry for leaving you like that all of a sudden. That was rude of me." Pinkie smiled as she apologized as well. "If you really want to know I just needed some advice on how to peel a potato. And Applejack told me just how to peel the potato." She never got tired of that.

"So... you have feelings towards a pony?" Twilight remarked.

AHHHH!!!! I spilled some of my dress on myself. Better get water to cool it off.

Pinkie opened her eyes, took a cup of water, sipped a bit and she spat it sporadically.

"W-what? Ho-how did you know?" said the flabbergasted pony, as she got near Twilight. "Are you psychic? Is this a new spell? Can you read my mind?" she shuddered at the thought.

Twilight just backed up a little from the approaching pink mare. "No, it's just a bit obvious. You keep blushing every time we engage about the subject and potato is just an excuse for saying pony. It was just an assumption, but by judging your reaction I guess I was right" her defense was solid. Pinkie fell on her own trap.

Twilight suddenly giggled. "It's ok Pinkie. If you don't want to talk about it, I understand. There's not much advice I can give you anyways. Though I am curious as to who it might be." she smiled at Pinkie.

"I-I...well, I can only tell you, it is a mare you know." Pinkie responded.

"Oh so that's the reason you didn't want to talk to me about. Well I can promise I won't tell her." Twilight quickly responded. Her eyes grew larger by the second.

Pinkie was in a predicament, again. She could tell her right now. But the words didn't come out. It wasn't the right time. At that moment a voice form inside the Library called out Twilight.

"Are you alright?" Spike looked outside of the door. He then noticed Pinkie. "Oh hey Pinkie! What are you doing?"

Pinkie focused on the purple dragon. "Hiya Spike! I was walking home and now i'm talking with Twilight!" Pinkie responded, trying to buy off time.

"I'll be right there, Spike" Twilight told her dragon companion. "It is late, how about we talk about it tomorrow? If you're up for it, of course!" Twilight remarked with a smiled.

"Sure!" Pinkie said excitedly, regaining her cool.

"Great! I have to run some errands with Spike and I have to catch up on some books. How does tomorrow night sound?" she asked the hopping mare.

"Perfect! I'll bring the balloons and confetti!" she said hopping off. "Bye Twilight!"

"Okay, bye Pinkie! Twilight answered as she headed towards the Library once more.

Pinkie hurried to her home. Sugarcube Corner looked glum at night. But it was her home nonetheless. She slowly opened the front door and headed towards the kitchen. Pinkie's stomach now growled loudly. She hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. She looked over to the refrigerator, a note was held there. Pinkie picked it up and examined it.

-Pinkie, there is some leftover lasagna with gummy bears on the freezer. Have a goodnight, Mrs. Cake-

Pinkie smiled and quickly took it outside and reheated it the microwave. She took her plate to her room and quietly ate it in peace.Gummy was in his small bed, already asleep. Lost in thought, Pinkie walked over to her bed, sat on it and remained there for some time eating her food. As she finished off the last bite, a sudden idea flew in. She analyzed it and played it over and over again in her head for a few minutes. She nodded quietly as she repeated the process. If she doesn't feel the same way, I can do that..." she continued. "If she does then even better. It's FULL-PROOF! she shouted, and instantly covered her mouth. Gummy opened his eyes and tried to get some sleep again.

"Sorry." she whispered. Placing her plate on the nightstand, Pinkie took her cover and placed it on top of herself.

Whooo new game plan! I'm up for it

"I will only do it, if I feel it is the right moment..." she mentally told her brain. "There's a chance I might not go through with it. Whether I want it or not."

Well, I hope you do...for the fan's sake.

"... Brain... thanks for being here with me" she smiled and slowly closed her eyes.

Author's Note:

A bit of seriousness never hurt anyone.
I hope everyone got the reference as to what T.V Series,Brain was watching.
Well people, last chapter is coming up.
Hopefully I'll keep my muse up and finish it soon.
Thanks for the support!