• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 502 Views, 14 Comments

Paranoid Passion - D4RTH4NN3



Jake Turner, a schizophrenic teenager, who's constantly getting beat up and harassed at school for being a freak, finally gets the nerve to ask out his crush, Scootaloo.

  • ...
14
 14
 502

The Next Events

Walking, I always hated walking, it gave the voices time to fester in my head. Yet I continued to walk, hand-in-hand with my now girlfriend Scootaloo. This time though, the voices stayed at bay as though they understood this was a moment, a good moment, that was not meant to be disturbed. I glanced to my left, 'just to be sure' I thought. Yep, she was still there, it hadn't been a dream. She was still chatting about her dream to fly a plane. I stared at her, loving how her purple hair, which always looked so well done, flowed in the wind, ruining the hard work she had spent on it. "Don't you think that'd be cool?" She asked, interrupting your thoughts. "Well, don't you?" She persisted.
"Uh, don't I think what would be cool?" I asked.
"Ugh you weren't even listening. I said, wouldn't it be cool to be the first person to do a solo flight across Equestria?" She said, seriously invested in this conversation. It was cute.
"Uh yeah, I think that'd be awesome, especially if it was you Scoots." I said.
"Don't be ridiculous Jake, I'm too much of a chicken." She laughed.
"Hey, is that your place up ahead?" I pointed towards a big burgundy house down the road.
"Yeah, that's it. I hope they're not out looking for me, It's already 5:45. I was supposed to be home 45 minutes ago!" She sighed. Somehow just seeing her upset pained me. When we reached the building, she opened inside and looked around. "Huh, no ones home. Well, you can meet them tomorrow, that is, if you feel like walking me home again."
"Of course," I said. "Isn't that what couples do? Anyways, i gotta go. See you tomorrow."
"Wait, aren't you going to kiss me goodbye?" She asked. "Isn't that what couples do?"
"Oh yea, I guess they do." I said nervously. The only person I'd ever kissed was my mom. I leaned in to kiss her, and tripped over my shoelace. My forehead smacked right into her nose. "God," I thought. "I'm such a klutz."
"Yeah, no kidding, you're a fucking disaster."
"Shut up." I yelled.
"Huh?" Scootaloo said, perplexed.
"Never mind, sorry I tripped, can we try that again?" I asked hopefully.
"Sure." I leaned in to kiss her, and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Uh, how was that?" I asked.
"Horrible, come on, like this." Scootaloo said, and she leaned in and our lips embraced. This lasted a full minute until we broke-off.
"Uh, that was awesome, but i gotta go. See you tomorrow." And with that I turned around and walked away.

"You're being followed" I glanced over my shoulder. No one there. "You're being followed and they're going to hurt you." I quickly turned "Who's there?!" I yelled. No answer. "You're being watched, they're watching us! Run, RUN!"
I turned around and ran, paranoia sweeping through me. The voices could be lying, but i was so sure that something was following me. When i got home, I unlocked the door and stepped inside. My mom was passed out on the couch, her favorite mixture of vodka and apple cider on the table in front of her. Let me tell you about my family. My dad is non-existent, he abandoned me and my mom when I was three, giving my mom the sole task of raising me. My mother works at the Flim and Flam apple factory as a maintenance worker. They need a lot of those since they do everything by machine, We don't buy from them anymore though, we buy from the apple farm down the street. We live in an apartment at the edge of town, and, unfortunately, so does Featherweight and his goons. I've lived here all my life. Featherweight moved here when I was five. We used to be friends, but once he met Snips and Snails things changed. I walked past the kitchen into my room. I walked towards my shelf and picked 2 CD's at random. 'Twelfth Step' by A Perfect Oval and 'Fighting The System' by Rage Against Celestia'. Both good albums. I decided on Rage Against Celestia, popped it into my boombox and sat down on my bed. I thought back to what had happened today, me asking out Scootaloo, nearly getting beat up again, passing out. I went to the kitchen and made myself dinner, then went back to bed.

The next day, my alarm went off. I got up and headed to the kitchen and went to the counter, opened my pill jar, took out my meds and swallowed them with a glass of water. My mom was still dead asleep on the coach, so i decided to make some toast since it was quiet. Once I finished eating, i grabbed my stuff and headed out the door. "You forgot something." "Shut up!" I yelled. I kept walking to school, when i heard people talking. I looked to my left and down the street I saw Featherweight, laughing along with Snips and Snails. "Ooh it's them again. You should probably leave. No he should fight them. No he should-" "Shut up," I yelled. "They don't even see me."
"Hey look guys, it's the freak."
"Oh no," I thought. "They definitely heard me." I turned and ran, but when I glanced behind me I noticed that they were running too, and gaining on me. "Geez these fuckers can run." I said out of breath. Suddenly I tripped, falling face first in the dirt. That's when Featherweight caught up. "Get up and fight these pricks." "No, I don't want to." I said.
"There he goes again. It's a constant thing with you isn't it?" Featherweight asked antagonistically. I didn't answer.
"Come on, lets beat him." Snips said. "Yeah, it'll be fun." Snails agreed. I tried to get up and run and that's when Featherweight kicked me straight in the face. I saw starts and tasted blood. Snips kicked me in the chest and I gasped, the wind knocked out of me. Snails kicked me in the crotch and I puked.
"Gross. Come on, lets go to school guys." Featherweight said. I was coughing, lying on the ground in the fetal position. Featherweight took my backpack and ran off with Snips and Snails in pursuit. I lay there, mouth bleeding, face swollen, trying to catch my breath. When I did, I slowly got up, wiped the puke from my mouth, and slowly made my towards school.