• Published 6th May 2013
  • 4,429 Views, 88 Comments

New World, New Rules - Zilver5664



Getting killed by three diseases and septic shock isn't really fair for a fourteen year old Christopher. Although the Universe isn't that bad, as it gives Chris a second chance to live.... in Equestria

  • ...
20
 88
 4,429

Chapter 6: Repairs

Date: Oct 13, 2013

Time: 1:07 A.M

Location: Canterlot Blacksmith


After bringing 741 to the blacksmith for repairs, the girls and Celestia left to go back to bed. I was told that 741 would be fit and repaired by this afternoon.

“Wow, fast service,” I say.

“Indeed, such are the capabilities of magic,” Luna responds, which follows with a silence, nothing but the hammer pounding on 741.

“Oy, I still have a bone to pick with you for waking me up at midnight….But if it weren’t for that, you would be dead and so would I…So I will ignore it…”

Luna giggles for a moment before recomposing herself, “If you feel like it, you may return to bed.”

“Soon, I want to overlook things for a moment, and then maybe take a jog in the nighttime air. For some reason I feel more energized during the night and it gives me more stamina, that and I like the night, so calm,” I reply to Luna’s advice, In which she returns with a smile, before leaving.

If I stayed and watched her I would notice her fist-pumping the air out of joyfulness.

“So, I hear you’re the new kid the princesses hired for this upcoming war on terror, kinda hard to imagine you taking down an army, but it gives some merit if you took down an S rank magical construct,” I hear the blacksmith say.

The blacksmith looked gruff kinda, with a rough voice to match the scruffy beard he had, he was wearing a tan shirt and a black apron over it, covering his leather pants and work boots. He reminded me of a Scottish man.

“A what rank?” I ask, wanting to know more about the ranks.

“S rank, Enemies and constructs are rated from C rank to S rank depending on their lethality on the battlefield. As of right now, there are few S rank enemies we know of, and most of them are in hiding or we can’t reach them.”

“Huh,”

“Moving on, so what are you going to use when you take down the enemy?”

“Excuse me?” I ask.

“You know. Your armor, weapons, and all that good stuff, surely a boy like you has some tricks up his sleeves.”

“Kinda, I more rely on skill, but whenever I need to I can blend in with the shadows and take the enemies by surprise, as for armor…I don’t have any, I was lucky enough that when I got slashed, it only left a small cut. Can’t say the same for my shirt though,” I say looking down at my shredded shirt. “As for weapons, I have my rifles and blade.” I finish, showing him the blade for a moment, he looks at it for a couple moments, completely ignoring 741, after a bit, he smiles and gets a look saying he has an idea before working back on 741.

“Huh, so you’re planning on going out on the battlefield naked?” the blacksmith jeered.

I laugh at this, memories of my squadron and their jokes resurfacing. “I don’t know, maybe, and then again I don’t exactly know anybody willing to make some light armor for me.”

“I know a couple people who dabble in that type of armor. If you want I can give them a message and ask them for assistance, being that you already got a design in mind.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, you would seriously do that? I mean. Don’t these people have other people to work for rather than a fourteen year old soldier?” I questioned, “Plus not to mention payment, I don’t exactly have money with me beside my native coin, but I doubt that even works here.”

“Its fine, consider it a thank-you for taking over most of the war on terror, bloody buggers were killing us no problem for the first couple years, even with some of THEIR technology we only managed to stall them for a couple more decades if things went well before you came.”

I managed to look at him with a deadpanned look, trying to get my point across.

“But, if you really want to pay, earn some cash first and send it.” The blacksmith gives in.

I grinned happily at this and bid him farewell, planning on returning with the armor blueprints I had in mind.

It wasn’t long until I felt a sudden pain course through my chest, it felt like it was on fire and spreading.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the cuts I received were just now acting up, strange it may be, I didn’t have the time to wonder why as I was in extreme pain right now to the point of collapsing.

“N-no, not now...” I gasped, “Where is that bloody medical wing.”

I turned on my visor and activated the mini-map; finding out the medical wing is just a short ways away from my location.

Trying to stand up, I manage barely and I begin coughing blood, when It splattered I noticed some green residue mixed in with the blood.

“P-poison,” I realized.

I begin staggering my way towards the medical wing, dropping to the floor a couple times; I just reached the main hallway when my vision started to darken.

“I said, NOT NOW,” I growled, attempting to force back the darkness surrounding my vision.

I get back up, and continue stumbling towards the medical wing doorway, when I grabbed the handles and exerted the remaining bits of my strength, the darkness increased dramatically and I began feeling light headed.

As soon as I entered the medical wing and took eye contact with the first person inside, I collapsed onto the floor in hopes a nurse or doctor comes and takes me.


Darkness all around me, my senses gone, all I could hear was the faint breathing of me, floating in this abyss.

I begin to hear bits and pieces of voices.

“-oisen too much not going t—“

“—heart-rate is going down—“

“Wha-what?!”

I then realize my senses coming back to me and I can hear more sentences.

“Get the Defibrillator! Now! We gotta keep him here!

“Ready?”

“CLEAR!”

I felt a small jolt of electricity surge through me; instead of a shocking feeling I felt a wave of relaxing pass through me, definitely a nice change from all the other near-death experiences involving these items.

The relaxing was enough to make me feel like I was ready to wake up, almost as if I had a good night’s sleep.

Sadly, the doctors thought differently, it wasn’t long before I felt another jolt of electricity surge through me, instead of a relaxation feel, it felt like I was hyped on 5 gallons of sugar.

“Umm, Doc? Is he supposed to glow red like that?” I swore I heard Rainbow Dash say.

‘Wait, sudden cheerfulness, or sadistic, feel like causing random stuff that doesn’t make sense? Oh boy, they get to see my other side…And I’m assuming red is the sign.’ I thought.

i felt my body beginning to shake up and down on the bed, moving to and fro from the edge.

I was about to regain consciousness when all of a sudden I began rocketing everywhere. Bouncing off of walls and the ceiling, anywhere you can think of.

“Someone keep him down!”

That wasn’t needed because as soon as my little charade ended, I landed on my feet at the end of the bed.

I opened my eyes to see my entire body sparking red lightning, showing signs that my sadistic/cheerful side kicked out.

“Oh boy, who brought the party monster out of the closet now?” I asked as I turned around, seeing everyone with varying decrees of confusion and shock.

I waited for everyone to regain their senses before I heard Applejack speak up,

“Chris? Just what ‘n tarnation ‘appen to ya?” she asked pointed to the red lighting.

“Oh, this? This just happens whenever I feel exceptionally cheerful,” I say, before continuing, “Or sadistic,” everyone flinched for a moment, “I consider it; my other side.”

“Does this come out often?” I hear Celestia ask.

“a lot really, I used it to keep the moral in my squadron up when times were low, oh that and whenever I was in a tight spot….It first came out when my sister was killed.” I answered, reliving that memory reverted the lightning from red to blue again, before reverting to red again. “Now then, why do I feel like jumping from place to place, and running fifty miles?”

Everyone began looking around, trying to find an explanation to my sugar hype. When everyone couldn’t find a reason, they turned to face me, only to find themselves get startled when I suddenly appeared behind them right where they looked.

“So, nothing? Aw that’s too bad, oh well, try again next time, am I right?” I say.

“B-but, you were..i thought…UUGHH! This is Pinkie Pie all over again!” I heard twilight scream.

“You mean her? Why? Can she do all the things I’m doing right now without thinking about it? Because this stuff is really making me feel odd,” I popped up right next to Pinkie upside down, before landing right-side up after the sentence.

Oddly enough, Pinkie just sat there, dumbfounded for a moment, before she regained her senses and began making a smile threating to break her face in two.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I don’t believe it! Somebody else with the ability to break physics on a whim just like me! Oh thank you author!” Pinkie grabbed me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug, when I heard the end of her sentence, I couldn’t help but think some kind of paradox was about to form.

(AN: get it? Because Chris is loosely based on me, so he’s sort of writing his own story.)

After Pinkie’s little outburst, everyone was left speechless, as for myself, I was becoming slightly dizzy with all the hopping Pinkie is doing while hugging me.

“Uh..Pinkie? I think you should let Chris down now, before you break him even further.” Rainbow says, in which Pinkie notices and lets me go.

“Broken?” I say, then crack my neck a couple times, “I feel fine.”

“Moving back onto the topic at hand,” I say, reverting my red lightning to blue somehow, I think it’s based on emotions kind of, “What happens now?”

“…” an uncomfortable silence reigns through the area, everybody unsure of what to say as they weren’t prepared with this kind of question.

“Ok then, where’s the doc?” I ask, in which the door opens and the doctor comes in.

He stares wide-eyed at the scene before him, before getting himself together and looks towards me, getting his wide-eyed stance again but speaking this time.

“How are you standing?” The doctor asks.

“Eh?”

“The poison affected you to the point where even if we were to save you, you wouldn’t be able to walk anymore; it damaged the nervous system to the point where your legs would be unresponsive!”

“…” I stared blankly at him for a good minute.

Before bursting out into laughter.

“ahh, man, that’s a new personal record,” I say, “Even here I’m a mystery.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asks.

“Back home, every single time I went to the hospital, they would always say something like ‘Sorry, but you lost your middle finger, or three of your toes are gone’ because of some weird accident caused during my line of duty. I would shock them speechless when I show them my limbs worked just fine!

Unfortunately it’s also somewhat of a curse, for all I knew, when I got diagnosed with Kawasaki and those other diseases it was probably false, they probably gave me the wrong medicine, and all it did was bring septic shock faster, for all I know…” I ended, bringing an uncomfortable silence with it as well.

“Anyway, what happens now?” I ask the doc.

“We were planning on keeping you here for a week or so, so you could adjust to not having legs. But since that’s no longer needed…I guess…You could just leave now, No abnormal things going on besides you walking,” the doctor replies.

“Ok, so where are the discharge pap- err,” I studder for a moment, realizing a crucial thing about hospitals, “What about the bill?”

The doctor chuckles for a moment seeing my situation, “Don’t worry, the princess here already paid for it,”

“Oh, thanks,” I say turning to Celestia, in which she smiles warmly.

After signing the discharge papers, we all left the medical wing to head back to our rooms, according to the time on my visor; it was 4:45 A.M, so we could still squeeze in a couple more hours of sleep.

I, however, need to head back to the blacksmith so I can ‘Clean’ something.

“Hey mate, you’re back! Good to see you so soon. Sorry about the poisoning,” the blacksmith says.

“It wasn’t your fault. I just came to check on the progress of 741, and to clean off any remaining poison on his claws.”

“Already done it, as soon as I heard how you got poisoned, I immediately came back and wiped the claws clean, I’m almost done repairing him also. He should be up and ready by noon,” the blacksmith replied.

“That’s great! Thanks a lot for your time doing this for me,” I thanked.

“Not a problem, I’m still waiting on those blueprints for your armor by the way,”

“I have it ready; I just need to write it down from my visor,”

The blacksmith looks at me funny for a moment before I show him my sunglasses/super computer.

“So, that tiny thing has my blueprints?”

“Da, just need to write it down,” I reply in a slight Russian accent.

“Care to show me?” The blacksmith asks.

“Sure.”

I bring up the holographic desktop screen, and begin navigating my way towards my blueprints section, somehow this visor is connected to my mind and sees my memories, so all of the blueprints I have worked on, trashed, incomplete, and completed alike are all here.

I scroll down finding the perfect light armor variant for myself, and show it to him.

The blacksmith’s eyes lit for a moment before stopping his work and moving to get a blank blueprint paper and pattern, he began copying the holographic blueprint onto his.

After about fifteen minutes, he finished it and resumed work.

“Thanks, hopefully I can get the blueprint to my friend just in time for it to finish before you leave, I can get the armored part of the blueprint finished and send the other half to him.”

“All right, I’ll be seeing you around then,” I say, then exit the blacksmith.

I head back to my room, my entire body sore from the poison attack; however I am not tired so I can’t fall asleep.
I turn on my holographic desktop and head to the internet, dragging the screen with me to the desk in my room and sit down.

I check the news first to see what’s going on in earth as I am no longer there apparently,

‘Stocks low, Russia threating nuclear war, kids starving in Africa, yada, yada’ I think to myself.

Finding that nothing new is going on I move over to my social networks, like facebook, although I don’t get on it often people still try to write to me- wha?

“Why are people still writing to me when I’m apparently dead?” I ask out loud,

I check the messages and the summary is basically rest in peace messages from friends, family, and fans.

“…” I’m thinking about writing a message saying I’m fine…But I have no idea what that would cause.

Not wanting to waste time, I pull up the messages folder on my visor and start messaging Luna;

“Luna, since I can still connect to the internet on my visor, what would be the consequences of announcing my new area of life?” I write to her,

“Not entirely sure, it would probably cause mass media hysteria, and your government to try and teleport their way in here, but that’s almost impossible, other than that…Nothing much,” She replied.

“So, it is alright to tell friends and family I’m alive?”

“Sure, just keep it to a minimum, we don’t want this to become a regular thing,” She warned.

“No problem,”

Exiting out of the chat box, I return to the holographic screen, I reach to the top and drag it down and reveal a keyboard hologram when it reaches the desk.

“Neat,”

I scroll up and...

“What do I say? Tell them I’m alive in an alternate universe and they can’t come and get me? So you have to deal with the fact that I would be slightly pushing my own problems onto yours and if I die again, you have no influence?!

What the hell kind of person would I be if I did that?” I exclaim.

Figuring that either way, I shouldn’t say anything, I turn off Facebook and log off the website before heading to YouTube.

“…I have no business here,” I sigh.

Finding nothing else to do, I download Steam for future use and begin downloading Team fortress 2, Counter strike: Source and Global offensive, Left 4 Dead 2, and Far Cry 3, saving Skyrim and Borderlands 2 for later.

I turn off the desktop so it can download in the background and head to bed, muscles now sore from exhaustion instead of pain.

I take off the ripped shirt, and shoes, before plopping down onto the soft and comfortable bed.

“It was a loonng night…Zzz…Zzz,” I say before snoozing.

Author's Note:

A well deserved break after the action.

Hey guys Silver here, nothing much to say except that during the progress of the story, Chris's backstory will be revealed bit by bit,

Oh and that SQ-741 isn't going to be Chris's companion, he was modeled to think like a human, so it would be kinda downgrading if he were to be treated like a animal. So that leaves Chris's companion slot still open.

As for now, see you next week, (hopefully early)