• Published 6th May 2013
  • 4,429 Views, 88 Comments

New World, New Rules - Zilver5664



Getting killed by three diseases and septic shock isn't really fair for a fourteen year old Christopher. Although the Universe isn't that bad, as it gives Chris a second chance to live.... in Equestria

  • ...
20
 88
 4,429

Chapter 9: Ambush

“Chwis…”

“RAAARRGGHHH, I’LL KILL YOU ALL!”

“Stop him!”

*TOTOTOTOTOTOTO*

“Monica please don’t die…Don’t leave us, please…You never got to live your life…”


Date: Oct 14, 2013

Time: 7:12 A.M

Location: Ponyville library (Chris’s room)


My eyes shoot open and my heartbeat is going a mile a minute, my eyes dart around the room, instincts telling me that I’m in hostile territory.

After sitting up and getting a clear view of my surroundings my instincts got suppressed by my common sense telling me that I’m safe.

I sit there for a couple minutes trying to calm myself down, I just realized that I was sweating a bit and noticed the droplets dripping down my face. I bring my hand over my head and wipe them off.

After finally calming down, I get out of bed and walk around aimlessly. Wolf is most likely downstairs noting the fact the door is open.

I stop by my desk and support myself leaning on it thinking about my latest nightmare.

‘This one…it was different, in a way. I can’t put my finger on it, but it felt like it was…,’ No matter what, I can’t seem to draw a conclusion, ’I can’t…Think!’ I screamed internally,

It wasn’t until I heard my name being called twice in a row did I snap out of my stupor, Twilight was standing at the door frame, concerned.

“Are you all right? I noticed a commotion going on up here and wanted to check and see if you’re fine,” she asked.

I look at her for a second before composing myself from the sudden moment, “Yea, I’m fine, just a nightmare,”

“I hardly think a nightmare warrants a cold sweat and you wandering around the room in a daze,” Twilight inquired.

I realized that I was half-naked and in front of her (giving her a full view of my well-toned body), so I began to grab my clothes while talking, “It’s not a normal nightmare, because its real, the only difference was that for some reason it felt…Different somehow,” I changed the topic, “Where are the showers?”

“Across the floor, first door on your left,” She answered.

“Thanks,”

I made my way towards the bathroom and proceeded to clean myself, after I was finished I felt refreshed and ready to go, I put on my clothes, opting to put on my sweatshirt because it was slightly cold in here and it would probably be a bit cold outside, I then grabbed a mountain dew bottle and took it with me downstairs, in which I found Twilight and Spike finishing up breakfast.

They also didn’t bother to make something for me, (good for them too)

That doesn’t mean I won’t tease them about it, “Aww, nothing for me?”

Twilight looked surprised for a moment before turning to spike, “I thought you made some breakfast for him,”

Spike was about to reply when I interrupted, “Nah, don’t lose yourself over it, I barely have breakfast anyway,”

“What do you mean? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! How can you live a well enough life without it?!” Twilight asked.

“I dunno,” I take a sip of my drink, “because I’m a mystery, or because it’s just a side-effect from being a gamer and in the military. Your body learns to ration nutrients and because of that, I can practically go a whole day without food. Downside is that I will have a killer stomach ache afterwards,” I explained.

“That doesn’t mean you can just skip breakfast your whole life!”

“Which is why I said ‘Barely’” I win, Twilight got frustrated and rage-quitted.

While she calmed down Spike was cleaning the dishes and I took another swig of my Mountain Dew, Twilight eventually decided to change the topic and ask me about my plans today.

“Pick up my light armor, grab some tools and look for a mine to grab some Dark sapphires for Wolf’s armor, Speaking of which, can you tell me where the nearest mine is, and the name of the local blacksmith shop?” I asked.

“There’s a mine to the Northeast of here, and the Blacksmith is located in the town plaza, I’m not sure where to get mining tools but I’m sure Rarity has some for when she goes and collects gems,” she answered, “Speaking of Rarity, I don’t suppose you’re in need of a change of clothes, are you?”

I grab my gloves and Backpack, about to head upstairs and grab my Pistol and knife just in case, after I answered Twilight’s question, “Yea, but I’m pretty sure I need some money first, if I want to get some clothes,” I come back downstairs with the knife and Pistol attached to my thigh and hip.

“I’m pretty sure she can make an exception,” Twilight replied.

“I dunno, I’m not one to beg, I have hard enough problems asking a stranger for help, but that was mainly paranoia probably, I dunno. I’ll see what I can do, Wolf! Let’s go! Thanks, Twilight,” I finished, and Wolf came from the kitchen, we both exited out of the main floor and went outside.

The air was refreshing, clean, pollution free, it was a slight chill as it was nearing winter, good thing I brought my sweatshirt, everyone was out and about, doing things they normally would be doing, whether it be grocery shopping, working, etc.

Wolf and I minded our own business while walking, occasionally noticing the stares we were drawing, maybe because of Wolf, because of me, I don’t know, luckily my unease was hidden from behind my visor, showing the map of Ponyville and locating the Blacksmith.

Occasionally i would get an impulse of someone catching me in an alleyway and killing me or at least attempting to, I normally shook them off with logic or blanking my mind as usual, doesn’t help with my trust issues.

We went passed the market stalls and got to a more modern part of the town, the bigger businesses had their own buildings lined up on the sides of the street, their colors and how it was built would show what it was made for who and what. Dentist, magic equipment, music, etc. We kept walking until we neared the edge of the markets, in which I finally spotted a building, bricked outside with grey texture, an image of a furnace and sword decked out on the top of it, even the chimney served as an advertising enhancer, making the furnace look like it was smoking, the name of the building said “Iron & Metal's”

We entered the building, Wolf in tow; I was then assaulted with the usual smell of sweat and smoke, mainly smoke though, the inside of the shop was a bit different, common swords, shields and armor, sat on display on the side, while the counter was taking up more than half of the shop length.

The bell that was emitted when we entered alerted the blacksmith in charge of this establishment, as he soon appeared from the backroom in the usual blacksmith apron and gloves.

Unlike Forge, this guy seemed a bit older maybe around his late fifties or sixties, if the white hair is anything to go by, unless that was his natural hair color when he was born, he seems to be wearing yellow tinted work goggles on his face, obscuring the eyes, he had a white mustache that looks like it’s seen better days as it hasn’t been trimmed and is slightly hanging on his mouth, his hair is bald at the top but grows on the back and sides.

The spitting image of a mad scientist if I do say so myself.

“Welcome to ‘Iron & Metals’ what can I do for you? Do you need a sword to keep your family safe? Or a dagger to conceal for self-defense? Maybe a bow for hunting? Or a crossbow for large game? Anything you can imagine I can make real.” He said with a bow.

I walked up to the counter and began making my request, “I’m here to pick up some light armor, it was sent from Canterlot from a friend named; Steel Forge, I was hoping you have it finished and ready?”

The blacksmith looked at me for a moment, having a senior moment, before a look of recognition spread across his face.

“Wait…You’re the kid the princesses hired! My buddy Forge told me about you, Name’s Iron smith,” he holds his hand out and I shake it firmly, Smith returning with gusto.

“Chris, friends call me Silver,” I replied.

“Now,” he leans on the counter, “What can I do ya for?”

“I’m here to pick up the light armor forge sent over,” I repeated.

“Ahh, that, alrighty then,” he heads into the backroom and starts rummaging, “I must say, I have had done my fair share of light armor smithing, but this one, is the most unique is all I have to say,” He comes back out holding a box and sets it on the counter, “the best thing I like about making these,” he shakes the box gently for unnecessary emphasis, “is that they can be passed off as regular clothes,”

“That’s nice,” I open the box to make sure everything is in there, then closed it, “Thank you for everything,”

“Oh and one last thing, Forge had me make this for you,” the blacksmith pulled out a bandolier belt, equipped with a holster for the sword, and room for the knife as well, “He also wanted to say that he added a couple of enchantment slots into the armor, if you have any friends that are good with enchanting, bring it to them.”

I put the belt into the box, “I see, thanks again, when I receive my stipend I’ll be sure to send some money to you and forge for your help,”

“Not a problem, I’ll be seeing you,”

“Bye,” I hefted the box into my arms and exited out of the store, it wasn’t heavy, but it wasn’t light either, I moved the box onto my shoulders so I won’t tire easily.

“Where do we go now?” Wolf asked.

“Now,” I pulled up the mini-map, “We head for Carousel Boutique, according to my visor; it shouldn’t be far from here.”
After retracing our steps we headed past the market and got more stares, and from the looks of things, news travel fast, as everyone was watching me.

Every once in a while I would pick up a tidbit of conversation,

“-that a wolf?”

“Where’s his tail?”

“Is he an original?”

‘Wait what?’ I thought for a moment, ‘I know Luna explained the term before, but the tone of this one sounded different...’

Deciding to ask someone later, we continued on our way, past the crowd of onlookers watching us and whispering to one another. Eventually we got out of the plaza and into the more household/business part of the town. Everyone continued to whisper and stare, but it was decreased than the plaza.

We eventually past some more businesses, Sugarcube corner for one thing were apparently closed as the lights inside were dark.

Finally, we made it to Carousel Boutique, the white and purple trimmed building reflecting off the sunlight giving it a lens glare through my visor, we walked up to it and I hefted my box down and gave the door a couple of knocks before entering (because it’s a business and a house).

Wolf and I entered the establishment, and I moved the box inside and placed it on the floor and stood next to it.

Not long after, Rarity came in, “Hello and welcome to Carousel Boutique; where everything is chic, fit, and magnefique! Oh! Chris! I didn’t expect to see you here, what is it that you need?”

“Hi Rarity, I was just wondering if I can borrow your mining tools so I can mine up some dark sapphires,” I asked. “Also, do you have a dressing room anywhere so I can change into my light armor?”

“Sure, just give me one moment, and the dressing room is to your left,” Rarity left to go upstairs and get the tools.

I picked up the box and moved over to the dressing room, I told Wolf to stay by the door for privacy purposes.

Seven minutes later (along with armor mishaps such as I put on the wrong strap), I came out, the armor I was wearing was (according to a note left by Forge,) enchanted steel, the enchanted part giving the steel the durability of a diamond. (Oh and quote from note: “Until you find me Girasol crystals, your favors are up, good luck!”)

Moving on, the steel was interlocked and separated into tiny little chains, if you were far away you wouldn’t notice it and it would look like leather or cloth, up close you can notice the chains.

The hood and cowl, i left in the box, as it would interfere with my visor.

The chain idea goes on as the inner part of the armor, Smith making the actual cloth/Leather, using it for the outside of the armor.

(AN: To keep from any more confusion here’s the armor in a picture. Note, the person in the picture is not to scale for Chris, just take note of the armor. The hood and cowl is there for Chris, but he isn't wearing it)



Last but not least is the scarf I had outfitted, unlike most of them, this kind of scarf is made to cover up your mouth like a bandana, keeping out sand, snow, etc. It’s mainly cloth, with a grey, and blue outline.

Overall it fit perfectly, if all goes well it sho-

“Well, well, well! Aren’t you the dashing rogue! You’re sure to capture a few eyes with that kind of attire,” Rarity comments.

I smile a bit before replying, “I hope not, this is supposed to keep me in the shadows, the heavy armor is supposed to make you look nice while doing your job,”

“Well whenever you get the chance you must let me design it!” She proposed, while working.

“We’ll see…” I trail off, not entirely sure on how to ask Rarity about my clothes.

Rarity looked up noticing my apprehensiveness, “Darling, if there is anything you need, don’t hesitate to ask! I’ll be sure to help anyway I can!”

“…As a result from a previous battle, my shirt got ripped up, and it’s the only set of clothes I have, I was hoping if you were able to repair it…” I asked, looking away, while gripping my arm in anxiety.

“Oh...Well why didn’t you mention it sooner? I would’ve gladly helped!” Rarity affirms.

I look at her mildly surprised at her acceptance of a favor, shaking out of my stupor, I reach inside my backpack and pull out the ripped T-shirt.

Rarity titters at this, “Oh, This just won’t do!”

I looked at her in confusion, ‘is she taking the favor back?’

Rarity continues, “The shirt I can most definitely repair, but you should really get a more variety!”

I breath a short sigh in relief, “I just need the shirt for now, when I make money I will buy more clothes.”

Rarity looks at me for a moment, uncertainty in her eyes, “Are you sure? I can whip up a batch of clothes the same as this in no time, in fact-“

“When I make money Rarity, besides I’ve already gotten a couple favors in line already, can’t dig a bigger hole,” I interrupted.

She sighs in defeat, then takes the shirt, “Very well, I’ll get to work on it when I get the chance, oh and the mining tools are on the counter next to the door.”

“Thanks Rarity, I’ll see you when I get back,” I grab the Pickaxe, shovel, and chisel, and strap them to the backpack.

We exited out of the boutique, Wolf has been silent for a while, I don’t know why though.

“Wolf, is there something on your mind? You’ve been silent for a while,” I ask.

“It’s nothing of importance, I just can’t seem to shake this feeling of us being watched from afar,” Wolf says.

“I feel it as well, I’m just guessing it’s Luna or Celestia watching us from a spell or telescope, speaking of which,” I activate the zoom feature on my visor and point it at the castle balcony holding the telescope.

Oddly enough, no one is there.

“Huh, no one’s at the telescope,” I shrugged, “Figures, Celestia has royal duties and Luna is sleeping probably, let’s get going.”


(Third person perspective)

“Sir, he’s getting close to detecting us, and our base is near the mines he’s heading, what do we do?”

“What do you do? What do you think you should do?! Watch him and keep him away at all costs! We can’t have him finding us out!”

“Roger,”


We were halfway out of town, heading to the sapphire mines when all of I sudden my visor activated and started ringing and saying “CALL” in big red letters in front of the screen…

'How do I answer?' I mentally ask, searching myself trying to find some kind of button.

I was answered as a diagram showed up on the front of the visor, showing the hand movements to answer.

I raised my hand upwards and a small line was on the palm, I then poked it, enlarging the screen. It was the same screen as before when I was talking with my family, only instead Celestia is on the other end.

“How may I be of service Celestia,” I say with a small bow, then continue walking.

“May I ask where you are going?” Celestia asked.

“Mines, I need to get Wolf some Dark Sapphires for his armor,” I answered.

“Hmm…Well you’re in luck, according to recent reports, there is a small changeling outpost not too far from the mines, and it’s also underground,” Celestia said reading from a piece of paper most likely showing the outpost locations.

“I’ll look into it after I’m done mining, by the way, have you been watching me with a spell of some sorts?” I ask Celestia.

For some reason, that ‘feeling’ Wolf had about being watched, started feeling worse, as if…

“No, I have not,” Celestia answered.

I heard a puff of air behind me sound like it launched something.

‘Shit’ if anyone noticed, my eyes would have lit up blue, instead of my brown color.

“Wolf! Find cover!” I say as I dodge the incoming projectile, the unknown item going past the holographic screen, ‘Destroying’ it.

Wolf ran and jumped inside a tree, effectively concealing himself.

“Show yourselves!” I screamed out, hands on my weapons.

After a short delay, three figures popped out of hiding, upon closer inspection, they appeared to be a black creature of some sorts, if the insect wings and jagged horn where any indication, I would have to say these are the changelings.
They each had a suit of armor on, the main color black and the trim green.

The figure on the left, a more agile-looking changeling, spoke quietly, “Boss, I told you we shouldn’t have tried to knock him unconscious,”

The figure in the middle, a burlier changeling, reprimanded him, “Quiet! We can still take him; he’s just a teen,”

‘A teen eh? My reputation hasn’t spread well enough yet,’

My visor activated again and Celestia tried to call, I go through the hand motions and bring up Celestia.

“Chris? What’s going on!?” She said worriedly.

“Ambush, three hostiles, changelings,” I look at her, “Rules of engagement?”

“What?” She asked.

“How do you want me to take them out? Kill them? Knock them out?” I elaborated; the changelings began looking uneasy for unknown reasons.

“Oh!” Celestia seemed startled by this, but she can’t seem to come up with an answer,”…You may do as you wish, although it would be nice if you were to try and capture one,”

I nod, “I’ll see what I can do, but these are spies, they probably have cyanide stored in their possession if they got found out,” And with that, I closed the screen, showing the three changelings, staring at me with new-found determination somehow.

Didn’t matter, they were all going to die anyway.

“Now…” I activated my Sadistic side, and if my visor wasn’t on, my eye would have lit red.

I drew out my knife and pistol and held them CQC style.

“Let’s get this over with…”

Author's Note:

BANG! Surprise cliffhanger!

Yea, sorry guys, but i had to stop here because school starts tomorrow, and from then on my chapters will be written on my ipad (I have a keyboard attachment)

Oh i forgot to mention, this is what Chris's knife looks like.

Because of school, updates will most likely be decreased, sorry but when i get the chance i will be writing the new chapter.

last but not least, Chris's sadistic/cheerful side...Not much to say on the matter, except that it's a weaker version of Raiden's jack the ripper mode, the only difference is that instead of easily slicing the enemies in half, Chris is just able to react faster (and break a tiny bit of physics)