• Published 3rd Feb 2012
  • 1,110 Views, 15 Comments

Derpalicious - Pinkamena666



Derpy's crazy shenanigans around Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,110

Another Lyra?!

Derpy continued her morning of mail delivery by walking through Ponyville, searching for her next address. She walked through the marketplace and stopped when she saw what looked to be Lyra. But... she just came from Lyra's. So, who was this? She walked up behind the pony.
"Hey, Lyra." said Derpy. The pony turned around "I was just..." She stopped when she saw the horn on top of this pony's head. "Wait a minute. You're not Lyra."
"No." said the unicorn. "No, I'm not."
"Then, who are you?" asked Derpy, getting suspicious.
"I'm Lyra's clone."
"Excuse me?" said Derpy.
The unicorn let out a short laugh. "Kidding. I'm Lyra's twin sister."
"Sister?" asked Derpy. "What's your name?"
"I'm Heartstrings."
"Heartstrings, huh?" asked Derpy. "You have the same cutie mark."
"Yeah." said Heartstrings, looking at her flank. "A Lyre. What are the chance?"
"A liar?" asked Derpy. "As in, one who lies?"
"No." said Heartstrings, laughing. "A Lyre as in, an ancient musical instrument. My name Heartstrings is a synonym of love and compassion, I believe. It fits perfectly."
"It sure does." said Derpy. "I wish my name meant something nice like love."
"What does yours mean?"
Derpy sighed. "It means silliness, craziness... to mess up a lot."
"Really?" asked Heartstrings with a laugh. "That's horrible."
"Eh." said Derpy. "I'm used to it by now."
"So... you delivering mail?" asked Heartstrings, noticing Derpy's saddlebag full of envelopes and boxes."
"Oh, snap!" yelled Derpy, remembering her job. "I totally forgot."
"Well, don't let me keep you."
"I won't." said Derpy, leaving. "Bye."
"Good-bye, Derpy."
Derpy continued on through the market.
"So..." said Derpy, thinking out loud to herself. "Lyra's got a sister, huh?" She thought about this for a few more minutes before jumping up and down with joy. "Another pony to hang out with tonight!" She stopped jumping and looked around. A couple ponies were watching her. "Sleepover!" she yelled, continuing her stroll.