• Published 18th Mar 2013
  • 3,198 Views, 118 Comments

The Server Admin - Elaine_Lunaris



A simple man in many things, except two. He's a brony and he likes Minecraft. An intresting mix leads to him being pulled from the server computer into the game itself. but a chance encounter may lead to some new allies....

  • ...
17
 118
 3,198

Chapter 7: Nightfall Part Five

Nightfall – Part 5

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V Perspective Change Admin Walker V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

We stood at the top of the tower, right in front of ‘The Pile Diver.’ FrozenFire was to my right and codelord stood at the back next to the massive plasma cannon. Rainbow Dash hovered in the air above our heads and Twilight was leaning on Steve with a worried look upon her face. I frowned as the Wither Skeletons began to burst out of the ground below us.

“This does not bode well Admin.” I looked over to the stairs only to see the white Alicorn princess walking onto the top of the tower from the stairs.

“Now that you mention it princess,” Rainbow began. “What the hay are those things?”

I frowned as the Skeletons began screaming at the amassed army heading towards it. “They are Herobrine’s Special Forces; they come from the Wither….”

“And what is the Wither Admin?” I turned to face Twilight, Rainbow and the princess. Steve looked at me with a worried expression; Frozen was pacing back and forth before the cannon, and codelord was scowling as he moved towards the cannon. Before I could even begin to say what the Wither was codelord started talking.

“The Wither is a massive creature that was discovered in its own separate Dimension to this. The creature is this world’s embodiment of death and decay. It has its own separate world that was cut off by yours truly, but yet somehow it seems Herobrine has linked it back to this world. The grass there was black and decayed; the trees were dead and the bark flaking off of the trunk. The plains a roamed by the Wither Skeletons, there is nowhere in that dimension that they cannot reach. The skies are locked in an eternal night, the ground is black and massive scars litter the land. They say, from the survivors willing to talk about it, that there is a gigantic black citadel on the top of one of the tallest mountains in that world. And from personal experience there is a Citadel there, they call it The Decaying Word.”

Codelord had his head stuck in the side of the open compartment of the cannon, obviously messing with its internal workings. Sparks and hissing could be heard and seen as he worked on ‘The Pile Diver.’ Not missing a beat, he continued talking.

“I faced the Wither once before. During the last war against Herobrine, he cast some of the moderators into other worlds.” He stuck his head out; half of him was covered in spark soot and he looked at me. “That’s where I was cast when Herobrine chucked me off the side of the end. I fell into The World of Decay.”

He stuck his head back in and continued working, creating more sparks and noises as he worked. “I learned something then, a specific type of metal that I had come into contact with, deep underground it was found. This metal was pure, solid, and most of all, coloured.” He pulled out a metal ingot, a bright white shine coming off it that forced us to avert our gaze.

“I called it Puritanium. For the aspects that it carried inside its silver surface, it held the decay at bay. And whenever it came into contact with any, it completely destroyed it. It’s completely safe to anything else. But when refined into its ingot form, it carries with it a power simple to a small sun, produces the same brightness when fired, same heat, and power.”

My hands covered my eyes, but I could still see the light that it produced. I could sort of see some of the bones in my hand that is how bright it shone. When the light died down I uncovered my eyes to discover white smoke leaking out of the cannons exhaust pipes. Codelord stood next to the cannon, a trotter on his chest and a smug look on his face; a pair of goggles on his head, and was covered head to trotters in soot. I gasped in awe at the magnificence of what codelord had done; the entire metal surface had been changed into a silver brightness with a white glow coming from within the silvery surface.

“I give to you, The Puritanium Titan Cannon!”

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V Meanwhile V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

The sky below was painted by a golden and pink glow from the radiant sun above the airship as it floated weightlessly above the clouds. Its twin propulsion engines spewing hot air from the depths of the engine drives, pushing the oak and spruce wood ship towards its destination.

A single balloon, filled with hot air to help levitate the ship above the clouds rippled in the air. Four flags, two hanging down from the main balloon, whilst the others hung from the propulsion drive engines.

Upon the sides of the deck stood six proud light particle cannons and two bigger heavy particle cannons. Each one made of a bright silver alloy that shinned in the sun, surrounded and held in place with dark spruce wood.

The front of the ship was scaled in an iron plating mesh that covered the front, the metal glowing silver along the golden stripe in-between the iron scale plating. The mast that was in front was actually the shape of an arrow head, made from gold and iron.

The most distinguishing feature upon the ship was a single image printed upon the face of each flag and upon the side of the hull. The golden thread fused together to make the image of the sun upon the face of the cloth, the silver threads making the image of a silver star shining brightly inside the sun, whilst on the hull was an iron and gold replica of said image upon each flag. This marked the name of the ship that floated gracefully through the sky.

The airship’s name was, The Celestial Dawn.

A single man stood on the mast of the ship, leaning against the arrow head for support. His servitor arm gripping the metal, just in case he slipped up, the metal on the arm was made of an obsidian iron mixture made by the finest artisans and Mechanists in the Aether.

A mechanical eye that glowed blue with electricity was seen upon his face, the plating surrounding the eye was gold, with the crevices filled with silver to hold the plating together, it was also made by the same artisans and Mechanists in the Aether.

He wore a long cloak that covered his shoulders down to his brown boots. The cloak was embodied with gold threads, and two Iron plates covered his shoulders. His black leather pants and white shirt only amplifying the aura of authority the cast down Operator held before he was sent here.

Upon the man’s head was a single hat, it was made of leather and one side was flipped and pinned to the side of the hat. That side of the hat had a blue red feather stuck inside it.

The cast down Operators name and title was Lord Dylan Woods.

Or just Lord Wood to those he commanded.

“Lord Wood?”

Dylan turned around to face the one who had said his name. The Captain of the Aether Guard stood behind him next to Sergeant Stormy Skies and saluted. A two fingered American salute, whilst the Pony next to him raised a hoof to his forehead.

“Captain Dragoon_Scales, and Sergeant Stormy Skies of the Aether Guard I welcome you aboard the Celestial Dawn. Finest Airship the Mechanists and artisans have to offer.”

He waved a hand before him, indicating at the two Aether Guards to turn and look around and look at their surroundings.

“Marvellous view.... Isn’t it?”

Stormy Skies, A bright blue pony with a sky blue mane and a teal streak running jagged down the middle. His Cutie Mark emblemising his name, that being, a single storm cloud surrounded by white clouds. He wore a set of black armour similar in design to one Shining Armor with a blue tint around the edges, a single Silver Star outlined in gold on both shoulder pauldrons marking his rank. The Pegasus nodded his head, whilst looking around at his surroundings.

They were surrounded by clouds of pink and white, the sun reflecting off the water in the clouds turning those different shades of colours. In the distance there were multiple mountains spread out over a vast distance, the peaks of the mountains poking through the cloud barrier like a needle to wool.

“It is a stunning view Sire, but may I ask what you have called us for my Lord?”

The Captain, sharply dressed in a dusters outfit with a black Stetson on his head smiled and chuckled lightly.

“As much as I hate to agree with Shorty here,”

“HEY!”

He continued on seemingly to just spite the Pegasus, “I would like to know that as well my Lord.”

A small smile crept onto Dylan’s face at the confusion the officers before him displayed.

“That, my beloved Guards, is a story to tell later.....”

Stormy Skies, who by the way is a Pegasus, groaned as Captain Dragoon_Scales smiled.

“You sure like your secrets don’t you my Lord.”

Dylan chuckled at the obvious statement and smiled.

“Of course I do, whatever gave you the idea that I don’t keep secrets. Everyone, or in your case Stormy Skies, everypony keeps secrets.... Even I do!”

The hull of the ship groaned and The bright blue Pegasus laughed.

“See my Lord! Even The Dawn doesn’t like it when you keep secrets!”

All three of them laughed at the statement, Dylan got off the arrow head mast and started walking towards the stairwell that leads to the inside of the ship. Dylan took the lead with Captain Dragoon and Sergeant Skies behind him. The stairs lead into an iron and oak wood hallway with colour coded floor ways. A sign above him told him where he was going.

Red: Mess-Hall
Blue: Barracks
Yellow: Officer’s Quarters
Purple: Training Halls
Orange: Recreational Centre
Brown: Briefing Room
Black: Armoury
Green: Storage
White: Medical Hall
Grey: Forge
Pink: Brig
Light Blue: Engine Room

Dylan smiled as he stared at the sign on the wall. “Well boys, guess it’s time to head to the briefing room. We got a mission from the big man to complete.”

The two nodded and followed closely as they completed their walk down the stairs and took a left, following the brown colouring towards the briefing room. The sound of hooves and feet hitting the metal flooring echoed down the dead hallway.

The two guards trailing along behind Dylan walked a smidgeon slower than him, talking amongst each other in a small whisper.

“So why do you think WE were called to serve on this mission?”

The Captain squinted his eyes and looked at the man in front of them. None of the other guards shared a similar relationship that was shared between the two guards.

“Well, word up top is that Rockwall’s under siege. And we were called because of two reasons A) we had good marks on the Guard Tests, and B) because we ate all of Lord Woods Cheetos.”

Dylan smirked and looked back towards the two Aether Guards.

“Still haven’t forgiven you two for that yet either! And come on you two! Pick up the pace!”

“What did I do to ever end up in this situation......”

Stormy Skies looked at the ground as he trotted after the two humans that had now started jogging towards the briefing room down the Brown lined hallway, his Steel clad hooves clanking against the metal flooring as he quickened the pace he was going to catch up two them before he got lost in this maze of an Airship.