• Published 18th Mar 2013
  • 3,199 Views, 118 Comments

The Server Admin - Elaine_Lunaris



A simple man in many things, except two. He's a brony and he likes Minecraft. An intresting mix leads to him being pulled from the server computer into the game itself. but a chance encounter may lead to some new allies....

  • ...
17
 118
 3,199

Chapter Three: Don't Eat Me!!!

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V the Next Morning V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

I awoke in the morning to the sound of my stomach grumbling, I groaned and sat up, holding my sore stomach. This is what I get for not eating anything last night.......

I groaned again and shook Steve awake; he got up slowly, with half lidded eyes. He stared at me with a questioning gaze. “Hey Steve....? Got any grub?” A louder rumble echoed around the camp and we both stared at his stomach. “I’ll take that as a no.....” My stomach rumbled again, witch awoke the two sleeping mares.

Rainbow looked around the clearing, before setting her gaze on us. “What the hay is going on?” Both Steve and my own stomachs rumbled in harmony, causing the rainbow manned mare to laugh, I looked back to Steve. “So.... As I was saying, do you have anything to eat?”

Steve reached into his pockets and pulled out two delicious shiny red apples, my mouth began to water and our stomachs growled again. He handed one to me and we were about to start eating when two other stomachs growled out in protest against our action. We both stopped before we took our first bite and looked towards the two sheepish mares sitting on the beds.

Sighing I grabbed Steve’s and my own apple and handed them to the girls, and they greedily dug into the offered apples. “Well Steve, looks like we need to find something to eat....” I looked at the four entrances to our camp that we constructed overnight after we got back. “Tell you what, you head that way,” I pointed out the south gate. “And I’ll head this way,” I pointed out the north gate. “We’ll gather any food we can find, including apples, carrots, anything that’s edible, and then we’ll meet back here at noon. Sound good?” He nodded.

“Ok then Steve, Let’s roll out!” He looked at me with a confused look and I sighed, “Never mind, let’s go before I lose my patience.”

We both headed opposite directions and the two mares stayed behind to catch up about the past two days in Minecraftia, I stopped at the crafting bench on the way to the north gate. Reaching into my bag I pulled out a long bow and a stack of arrows, I strapped a quiver to my back and placed the arrows inside before slinging the bow across my back. I pulled out some spare leather and a piece of iron and crafted a belt with it. Using the excess leather I made two sheaths and some straps for two dagger hilts. I then pulled out some sticks and iron and crafted two daggers, I placed the sheaths on the belt in the middle before strapping it diagonally across my chest, leaving the daggers in the middle of my chest, where it would be easiest to grab.

I nodded to myself and headed to the north gate out into the wilderness, humming to myself as I went along. I crossed over the simple bridge that had been quickly constructed the night before; I looked in the trees and saw coco beans hanging from the jungle wood. Picking some off the tree I continued along my journey to find food. Might find a pig in here, ya never know...

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V Back At Camp V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

Twilight looked over to Rainbow Dash and smiled; “So Rainbow, how did you end up here?” said mare lifted a hoof to her chin in thought before replying to her friends comment.

“Well, I arrived here only yesterday. I woke up on the beach with a strained wing a sore leg and some hurt ribs. I walked into the forest while waiting for my wings to dry and found Admin; he helped me to get better by giving me a potion that healed me. How did you end up here Twi’?”

Twilight sighed as she remembered the past two months she had spent here. “Well it’s been two months since I got here.” Rainbow gasped at that. “What is it Rainbow?”

Rainbow shook her head and responded to her friend. “Twilight, it’s been about a day back in Equestria since you went missing. After that I ended up here.” Twilight scratched her chin in thought before replying.

“I can only theorise about what this means, but it might have to be about the planets position or it might be because of this ‘Herobrine’ that Admin and Steve were talking about last night. Like I said all I can do is theorise about our current situation.”

Rainbow looked over to Twilight as she started writing in her journal. “Did he tell you yet?” Twilight looked over to the downcast mare with a confused expression on her face. “What do you mean Rainbow?”

She looked up from the ground. “Did he tell you about Sam?” Twilight looked towards the north gate where Admin was just walking out the gate. “No. He didn’t tell me anything last night, I don’t even think he went to sleep last night. What did he tell you Dash?”

“His friend Sam was like him once. He was powerful, respectful and caring. Until the Herobrine attacked their homes, they fought him and killed it. Only for Sam to be cursed with Herobrine’s magic, slowly he turned into the monster which he had slain, and before we got here. Sam said to him, “It is a cycle dear friend, there will always be a Herobrine, and after a time. You too will uphold this role.” Don’t you know what that means? It means that sooner or later he’s going to have to kill his friend! And he will then become the very monster that he defeated!” Twilight gasped as Rainbow finished with a yell, Admin had never told her about that.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V Perspective Change Admin Walker V^V^V^V^V^V^V

I walked through the forest, jumping from vine to vine that hung from the trees above. I looked for apples that hung from the branches above me, picking the red fruit whenever I came upon it. My hand slipped and I fell to the floor below, quickly I snapped out a hand and grabbed the vine next to me. I slowly slid down to the forested floor below me.

“Well, that could have ended up worse than it turned out.” I walked towards some wild carrots and wheat that was growing on the forest floor. I picked the carrots and wheat up and pocketed them into the small white bag, and I continued walking along the forest floor.

What am I going to do when the time comes that Sam and I face each other again? Will I kill my only friend? And embrace the darkness like he did? Or will I let myself be killed by him? And forever be in the darkness of the abyss. So many questions and no way for me to answer them, I have no idea what I’m going to do when the time comes, or how I will handle the situation. For all I know the people and ponies sent here will be the next army to face Herobrine and his minions.

My eyes widened in realisation as I came to the conclusion that at that exact moment Sam had as well. We would be gathering a new army, and I needed generals for my army, I needed people, and ponies to help me fight the evil. But most of all, I needed a weapon that we used to kill Herobrine the last time around, The Sword of Notch.

I’m going to need to start looking for people, and ponies to help me fight..... I could look for survivors from the last war, if this is a physical manifestation of the server, then everyone who was on it, and participated in the last war, has a higher chance of being dragged here as well. So I could either look in the Nether for survivors, check the Aether to see if there are any other surviving Ops that headed there, or check the underground cities that I built for shelters. So many places to check, but where do I go first?

I sighed as I gathered more apples that had fallen from the trees; I continued to place them in my bag for some time. I got up and continued walking and I thought to myself. I wonder what Steve’s doing right now.....

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V Steve V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

Steve stood as still as the trees that surrounded him, he had a bow in one hand and his other on an arrow. Drawing the bow, he pointed it at the cow in front of him. Taking a deeper breath he pulled the bow so that it was straining in his hands, and when he could hold it no longer he let the string go. The arrow flew towards its mark and hit it in the back of the cows head, toppling it in one fell swoop.

Walking towards the fallen animal Steve pulled a carving knife and got to work cutting the meat from the carcass. His thoughts drifted to Twilight and his new friends that he had encountered throughout his lifetime. Something seemed different when Admin had returned with Rainbow Dash; he seemed less imposing and more afraid of the world around him. More..... Normal.

Shaking his head to clear the thoughts away he returned to the task at hand, carving the meat of the fallen animal and continuing the search for food. After completing the gruesome job, he jogged along the forest floor, jumping over the roots that stuck out of the ground and ducking under the branches that threatened to hit him in the head.

He walked for many minutes just enjoying the scenery around him, until he spotted a dark cave that produced many noises that monsters make in the night. Walking towards the cave entrance, Steve peeked inside to see zombies gathering in the dungeon below him. Walking away from the cave entrance, Steve stumbled on a root sticking out of the ground and landed on the grass.

Steve got to his feet and began sprinting back towards the camp, he needed to warn them to prepare for an attack, and he needed to tell Admin about what he saw in there.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V Perspective Change V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

I searched around me for any signs of danger before I prepped my fishing rod, grasping the handle I swung it over my head and watched as the hook and buoy hit the water’s surface and sunk, only to reappear in a few seconds.

This was one of the basic ways that I could collect food for me and Steve to eat, unlike the two mares back at camp we required meat to survive. The only logical solution would be to hunt, but I had not seen any animal for many minutes. So I decided to fish for, well.... Fish....?

I sat there humming a merry tune as I hauled the fish in for tonight’s feast; I wonder what Steve would think if he knew that I now have a heart that beats inside my chest. That I am no longer the Admin the he knows, he would probably freak out.

I sighed as I hooked another fish and stored it into my inventory, packing up my bag and fishing rod I equipped my long bow and headed to the other side of the river. As I walked I remembered all the past times that Sam and I had spent together, the time at school where we stood up for each other, the time in that alleyway where we each stopped an old lady from being mugged. I missed him more than I cared to remember, my own thoughts betrayed my feelings and I stopped and sat down on a log of a felled tree.

I sighed again slowly pulling my bow off my back and resting it on my lap, looking across the lake I saw a perfect place for target practice. A clearing lay at the other side of the lake, I made my way around and walked into the clearing. A single birch tree stood at one end of the clearing, I lifted my bow up and aimed at the tree. Pulling the string back I concentrated on the middle of the trunk, I took a deeper breath and pulled the sting back more, I could hear the bow straining under the pressure. Letting the string go I heard the familiar wiz as the arrow flew towards its mark, the telltale thud marking the end of the arrows journey.

I do not remember how long I stood there taking pot shots at the trunk of the tree, but when I stopped to take a break I looked up. It was almost noon, which would mean it was time to head back to the camp. I walked over to the birch tree and collected all of my arrows up; sighing as I walked out of the clearing I noticed a pink blur on the edge of my vision. I spun around and saw what had its back to me, a pig.

I moved my bow in front of me and placed an arrow on the string, I drew back the bow and heard the familiar creak as I pulled it back. The pig stopped in its tracks as it heard the bow being drawn; I continued to pull it back until I could pull it no longer. I spoke to myself then, “Don’t worry little pig, it’ll all be over soon.”

The pig turned towards me, looking at me with a furious look in its eyes. It scraped its back leg against the ground and charged towards me, I was surprised and let my bow go. The pig charged into me and head butted me in the stomach. “ARGH WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! I thought pigs were docile!”

The pig growled at me. “Who you calling a pig asshole, if anyone’s a pig here it’s you, bastard! You tried to kill me and eat me!”

My eyes opened wider as I looked at the pig. “Did.... you just-?”

The pig snorted in defiance before looking with its snout in the air at me. “Did I just talk? Why yes I did in fact talk! What in God’s green earth made you think I was a pig in the first place?!?!?”

“Well the fact that you are a pig would be one wouldn’t it, short four legged little bitch!” It snorted again at me before sighing.

“It’s not my fault I’m a pig, I was just casually sitting at my computer when-” We both finished the sentence together. “A bright light appeared and I ended up here.” We stared at each other before I laughed.

“So what’s you name pig?”

He snorted again “I thought that at least you would remember me from the sound of my voice, but nope! I have to tell you, useless Admin, you are useless, my username is codelord.”

“Well it’s good to see another human here..... Albeit in a differing form, but you play the cards your dealt, and play them I shall.” I walked towards him rubbing my stomach, “So, how did you end up as a pig?”

He sighed, “Sam.” That was all that needed to be said; I knew that Sam and I had met codelord before. The trolling bastard had spawned a shit ton of pigs inside my house in the Aether. I shuddered at the memory.

“Wait a minute, if you’re a pig..... Then will a saddle work on you?” He gave me the ‘you fucking try it and your dead look’ and I didn’t make a move for a while. In the end he laughed and said to me. “Kind of kinky for a first date my friend, but I’ll let it slide.”

“Alright then code, let’s head back to camp!” We walked towards the camp talking about the old days; a sudden question came to mind. “If Herobrine brought you here, what did he want from you?”

He continued trotting next to me before responding. “He’s gathering an army Admin, and he asked me to be his general. When I refused, he did this to me. You need to start the search Admin, gather your own army. Just like the last time.”

I nodded at him, and we continued walking whilst we talked. “I was thinking of checking for survivors that may have been brought here from the last war.”

He nodded and stopped trotting. “I know where we could find an alchemist for our ranks; the crazy bastard was brought here as well.” I was confused by what the man turned pig was saying.

“Who is he codelord, and why did you say he was crazy?” he shuddered whilst talking.

“My brother, FrozenFire_ was brought here as well. He was the Alchemist in the last war that supplied us with the potions that kept those on the front lines alive. We were both brought here at the same time, but in different locations. I know where he is because it was all he talked about, The Labs he called them. Hidden deep beneath the earth, in the Dwarf city below, High Rockwall it was called I think.” He pointed south. “About that ways, maybe more than two to four kilometres, he also said something about gathering survivors himself. That Admin would be a good place to start as any.”

I nodded at the pig beside me. “Ok that I get, but why did you call him crazy?”

He shuddered again. “The bastard was too into making potions, explosive kind of potions, poisonous kinds as well. Oh, don’t get me wrong he made lots of other potions that helped as well, like invisibility potions, healing potions and strength potions. But offline he was a normal kid just about 16 years of age, online he was a laughing lunatic, throwing firebombs and explosive casks at any enemy that dared invade his castle. Herobrine tried to recruit him but he threw an acidic cask at him..... And well, now Herobrine wears a hood, if you catch my drift.”

I nodded and said to the pig beside me. “Anyone who can stand up to Herobrine and live to tell the tale is good in my book. But first, let’s get back to camp and sort all this out before we go grab your brother and any survivors that he may have with him at the time.” He nodded and we continued walking.

It became dark as the camp came into view, I could clearly see that something was wrong and we both stopped in our tracks. “Admin..... Are the entrances meant to be blocked?” I shook my head and cupped my hands over my eyes in a pair of hand binoculars, I saw that there was a hoard of zombies surrounding the entrances of the camp and that Steve was on the wall, shooting arrows down upon the decaying corpses below. I looked to the pig beside me and smiled. “Well my old friend, it looks like Steve and the girls have gotten themselves in a spot of trouble.” I smiled even wider as I pulled out some pig armour and handed it to him. “Should we call the Calvary?”

He smiled at me as the armour slid over his form and would protect him from damage. “Just like old times Admin?”

“Just like old times indeed my friend...... Let’s go and get us some zombie meat.”

“I prefer pork chops.....” I looked at him and we laughed together like maniacs as I pulled the two daggers out of their sheaths, we started sprinting down the hill towards the encampment that was being attacked by zombies, We cried out in outrage as we charged the evil friends below us.