• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,651 Views, 41 Comments

Power Through Deceit - FrostyDawn



The REDs are once again intertwined with the fate of Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,651

Lacerated

Twilight brought Scout and Rainbow Dash into her library, where Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and the Engineer had gathered. They were surprised to see another mercenary in their company.

"What exactly is going on here?" Twilight asked, and finally, Applejack and Spike stepped into the room.

"The problem is that someone wasn't doin' their job!" The cowgirl said, scowling at a nervous Spike. She then held out the jar, with a large hole melted in the side.

"The bug's free?! SPIKE!" Twilight yelled, the young boy recoiling. "I-I didn't mean to! I was just a little preoccupied!" Spike whimpered.

"You were supposed to keep watch on it! Lives are at stake!" Twilight said angrily.

"Twilight, leave Spike alone. He 'tried' his best." Rarity said. "We have more important stuff to worry about."

Twilight took a deep breath. "Fine. We have that Pyro in for questioning in Canterlot right now. We should be able to find out what's up with him."

Rainbow Dash and Scout exchanged glances, and Rainbow nudged Fluttershy and motioned toward her singed throat.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" she asked. Rainbow Dash nodded.

Fluttershy noticed the bucket of purple liquid Applejack brought in. She slowly approached it, and dipped a small part of her finger in it. It seemed thick and viscous, like honey. Only when it started bubbling did Fluttershy back away with a small whimper.

Once more, the potion molded itself into a human hand, shocking Fluttershy. She high-pitched shriek caught everyone else's attention, which ultimately resulted in mayhem. The living potion crept around, and a few frightened shrieks let loose. Pinkie Pie grabbed a book from the shelves and tossed it at the cauldron, but to no avail.

Applejack finally took action and tossed the red powder she received from Zecora. The hand retracted once more, but everyone was still on their nerves.

"What... was that?!" Rarity cried. She looked like she was close to fainting.

Applejack chuckled nervously. "Its the antidote. Zecora somehow made it do that."

"Why?" Pinkie asked.

"Probably an accident." Applejack replied.

"Well, whatever it is, keep an eye on it." Twilight said. "We don't want any new problems. Now, I'm gonna see what I can do to fix their throats." She said, moving closer to Scout.

<><><><><><><><>

Deep in the Canterlot Castle, the Pyro sat in a jail cell, his wrists bound in magical energy. He let out a few puffs of flame in frustration, but it didn't aid his escape. Shining Armor and two Royal Guards stepped into the cell.

"Alright, you monster. Tell us what you know." Shining said sternly, towering over the Pyro.

"What's there to know? I am a mere pawn in this operation, and so are you." The arsonist growled.

"Go on." Shining Armor said.

"Very soon enough, your precocious Equestria will burn." He snickered with delight. "And once that's done, the backwater world where I came from will be taken too. Two worlds for the Queen to conquer." He said.

"What Queen?" Shining Armor said. He was a little worried. The only queen Equestria encountered was-

"Queen Chrysalis, of course. Haven't you figured it out by now? Haven't you heard about the black insects?" Pyro said. "She's amassed quite an army doing so. Your own pitiful squad won't last an hour."

"You're being awfully cooperative. And I don't like it." Shining said. "Why are you coming clean so easily?"

"I'm only doing so to make you realize just how hopeless you are." Pyro responded.

"If you're trying to intimidate me, it's not gonna happen." Shining Armor said. "And now that we know what we're up against, I'd say you should reconsider what side you're on."

"Don't make me laugh. The rest of the army is on their way right now." Pyro said.

"Wait." One of the guards said. "Do you hear that?" The room went quiet except for a faint, rapid beeping.

"Ah, they're quicker than I expected." Pyro mused, as the wall behind them burst forth in a frightening explosion. Shining Armor and his guards were knocked to the ground, while the Pyro remained unscathed.

As the dust settled, the culprit stepped forward. A black man wearing a bullet proof vest, and an eyepatch. His right arm bore a metal shield and in his left, a sword. The Demoman. The guards quickly hopped to their feet. "Get out of here, Shining Armor! We'll handle this. We have him out numbered." One of them said. Shining Armor quickly scurried out of the chamber, and the guards turned back to the Demoman as they drew their own swords and shields.

"I'm afraid ye laddies are mistaken. We have you outnumbered." The Demoman said, as the Pyro stood beside the Demoman, who cut the magic bindings. Another man stepped forth onto the rubble.

"And tiny babies are also outgunned." He rumbled. The third man was bulky, bald and carried an enormous minigun as he spun the barrel. He let out a maniacal laugh as bullets spewed out of the gun, and riddled the two guards.

As the bodies went limp on the floor, the Pyro chuckled. "Good show, comrade. Now, I believe the queen is waiting for us." He said, as they walked away from the gaping hole in the castle.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the delay.