• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,642 Views, 41 Comments

Power Through Deceit - FrostyDawn



The REDs are once again intertwined with the fate of Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,642

Trauma Queen

Rarity sprinted through the town's streets. She wasn't trying to reach any place in particular, but just away from the Medic would be good enough. Rarity soon ran herself to exhaustion, and hid behind a dumpster to catch her breath. Her cheeks were rosy in the cold January air and she could see her own breath. Flakes of snow landed in her hair, melting into small droplets.

"What just happened? What went wrong?" She asked herself, reflecting on her current predicament. The Medic was poisoned by the insect, driven insane, tried to subdue Rarity for Celestia-knows-why, and she ran off with an antidote. Or at least, a prototype. Why didn't she just cure the Medic when she had the chance? If she did, the Medic would have to make another antidote, which would require finding and catching another insect, and Rarity wouldn't want to risk that. Or perhaps it was just fear. And who could blame her? Rarity saw the color of insanity in his eyes, and the sound of madness in his voice. And now, he was probably hunting for her right now.

What was it he said again? "Feed the Queen"? That didn't sound good. Was the Medic truly insane from the poison? Or was he under something much worse?

"I have to help him. I can't just let him run around like a madman." Rarity thought. It was then a horrible realization struck her. "That poison... did he say it kills the victim after a couple days?! Oh, no, this is worse than I thought! I have to get to Twilight right away!" She said to herself. Being able to cast magic, Rarity attempted a transport spell. She focused her energy on the shrine in the archives, imagining herself infront of it as she shut her eyes. She quickly felt her body growing colder as she poured the most magic she could into the spell. She wasn't as good as Twilight, but she was trying the very best. She exerted more energy, feeling herself fade from this world back to Equestria. Before completely vanishing from Stuttgart, she could hear someone speak in her mind.

"Kommen aus kleinen Mädchen. Komm raus und spielen." It was the Medic, his voice resonating amongst her thoughts. As she opened her eyes again, she found herself laying on the floor of the archives, with the syringe still in her hands. She then left in a hurry.

<><><><><><><><>

It was a perfect day for resting in the sunlight. Then again, any day's good enough to rest in the sun if you're Rainbow Dash. The pegasus-girl had it pretty easy. Wonderful friends, excellent weather 24/7, and currently being the self-proclaimed 'Fastest Flyer in Equestria'. And yet, Rainbow Dash felt a little discouraged.

Ever since she returned to Equestria, aiding in defeating a giant robot horde, she kept looking down on herself for letting nine kind and brilliant men get themselves incinerated in a fiery burst of methane.

"They could've come with us. They could've stayed here and become members of Ponyville. Why did I just let myself part with Scout and let him die instead of saving him? We could've saved all of them!" Rainbow Dash thought. Then another thought struck her. Why did she instantly think of Scout? She rapidly shook her head, wondering what to make of it. "Ugh... Why am I thinking about this? He's gone. I can't do anything about it." She reminded herself.

Her gaze into the bright blue sky was broken as she heard hurried footsteps rush on the ground below her. She glanced down, and saw Rarity rushing toward Ponyville, with a basket of gems and an odd syringe in her hands. Rainbow Dash drifted down to the ground, landing in front of Rarity.

"'Sup, Rare? What's the rush?" She asked nonchalantly as she landed next to her friend.

"Rainbow! Thank Celestia I found you! It's urgent! The Medic's gone insa-" Rarity replied, but was cut off.

"Wait. The Medic?! He's alive?!"

"Yes, and worse! He was bitten by a-"

"What about the others?! Are they ok?!"

"Well, yes, I think so... but you have to listen, I nearly got pois-"

"How did you get there? Is there a ay to reach them?"

"Rainbow Dash! Will you listen for one second!? Lives are at stake!" Rarity shouted, shaking Rainbow by the shoulders.

"Alright! Alright! I'm sorry! Tell me everything. From the beginning." Rainbow apologized.

"Well, I was going to add on to their shrine...-"

-a short while later-

"-and so I used my magic to teleport back here... and I heard his voice again." Rarity said, finishing her entire story.

"Wow." Rainbow replied, scratching her chin. "That's some pretty heavy stuff."

"Indeed. That's why I have to get this to Twilight right away." Rarity added, holding up the syringe. "If anyone knows more about potions and poisons, it's her."

"Well, don't forget Zecora."

"That's Plan B. For know, go tell the others to avoid the shrine. Can't risk any more... infections." Rarity shuddered, then left for the library.

Rainbow Dash looked around. As Rarity walked out of view, she took off for the shrine itself.