• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,649 Views, 41 Comments

Power Through Deceit - FrostyDawn



The REDs are once again intertwined with the fate of Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,649

Be Polite

Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Rainbow Dash found herself in a state of shock. Walking or flying was one thing. Twisting the very laws of time and space to get around was another. For Rainbow Dash, it was... nauseating at best. She looked up, getting a look around. A dark city alleyway in the evening. "I guess Ponyville has a different way of passing time." Rainbow Dash thought. She looked around, trying to get a clue as to where she might find Scout. Instead, she heard a rattling and muttering in the dumpster behind her.

"Stout shako... two refined..." a voice mumbled in the dumpster.

Rainbow Dash slowly tip-toed toward the dumpster, leaning closer to it.

"Three keys... vintage trophy belt..."

Rainbow Dash recognized the crazed rambling of the voice inside. She slowly creaked open the dumpsters lid. Inside was the Soldier, hunched over a small laptop and surrounded by pieces of metal, keys, a frying pan, and a few hats laying around. As he turned up to Rainbow Dash, a small spigot of anger opened up.

"YOU! You're one of those no-good hat-thieves that cost me that unusual!" He barked, standing up in the dumpster. His eyes were bagged and blood shot, and he reeked of not showering for days. He sported a five-o-clock shadow, and his uniform was stained with smears of barbecue sauce and other garbage. "Back off, or I'll fire!" He threatened, pulling out a makeshift rocket launcher from pipes and metal tubing. It didn't look very serious, but better safe than sorry.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! I don't want any trouble..." Rainbow Dash said, backing away from the Soldier.

"You don't? Well, that's good. I don't have any ammo left." The Soldier said, shrugging as he tossed the launcher aside.

"Then why did you threaten to shoot me!?"

"I dunno. I just can't risk you stealing my hats again! Ever since you took my unusual, I've spent all my time trading for one. Look! I got eight refined metal and four keys!" He said, pulling out a giant pile of metal and keys.

Rainbow Dash blinked. "Whatever. Have you seen Scout around?"

"Scout? Oh, yeah! I remember him. With the shooting and the bleeding... good times. He lives in the apartment building over there." The Soldier said, pointing to a brick building across the street.

"Thanks. Rainbow Dash said, walking away. She could hear the Soldier pop back into his dumpster and resume obsessing over metal and hats.

Rainbow Dash approached the apartment, and the door was pushed open, followed by the Scout, in a sweatshirt and running shoes. Rainbow Dash, happy to see Scout alive and well, first punched him in the arm as he passed her.

"OW! What the-"

"That was for making me think you were dead!" She yelled. Then, she just pulled him into a deep hug. "This is for proving me wrong." She said, but as she pulled away, the Scout had a shocked and confused look.

"Lady, you got it all wrong. I ne-... Dash?" he said, his eyes widening before tears started to leak out.

"Yea... are you cryin' again? Just like we first met?" Rainbow teased, nudging him with her elbow.

"No... It's just something about rainbows... they just.."

"Alright, alright, spare me the waterworks."

"How did you even get here?" Scout, asked, drying his eyes.

"Well, I found out my friend Rarity accidentally got in the world and found the Medic. Then, she got back, told me about it, and here I am!" Rainbow boasted, crossing her arms.

"OK... now why are you here?"

Rainbow Dash blushed. "Well... um... I." She stammered.

"Come on, Rainbow, think! Distract him." Her inner voice chimed.

"Oh! Something awful! When Rarity got back, she said the Medic's gone insane after this weird bug bit him! If we don't act soon, he'll die!" Rainbow cried.

"Are you serious?!" The Scout said in disbelief.

"Yeah! I think Rarity said she had an antidote back in Ponyville. We should probably get back there before you get poisoned too."

"How?" The Scout asked, bringing Rainbow Dash's momentum to a stop.

"Well, Rarity got back using her magic, so-..." Rainbow said, stopping short.

"You can't use magic, can you?" Scout muttered.

"Nope."

"So now you're stuck here till' someone else can pull you out?

"Yup." Rainbow Dash groaned.

The night sky above them began to turn a dull, dark gray, the clouds churning above them. "Come on. It's gonna rain. We'll think of something." The Scout said, leading Rainbow Dash inside.

<><><><><><><><>

"Land sakes! You mean to tell us the Medic's in trouble!?" Applejack said, shuddering under the thought that she too could have suffered the same fate.

"I'm afraid so. And I fear more are at risk. We need to make more of this antidote as fast as possible."

"We need to tell the others to avoid the shrine. We can't risk anyone else going mad." Twilight Sparkle suggested, flipping through the pages of a book, as usual.

"No need. I've already told Rainbow Dash to do so. She should be here in-" Rarity said, but was interrupted as a girl in yellow burst through the door.

"Getitawaygetitawaygetitaway!" She whimpered, shielding herself with her friends.

"Fluttershy, what in Equestria is wrong with you?!" Applejack asked.

Pinkie Pie the appeared in the door. "Hey guys! Wanna say 'hi' to Mr. Buzzy?" She asked, holding something behind her back.

"'Mr. Buzzy?' Pinkie, what are you talking about? You didn't adopt another buzzard, did you?" Twilight asked, trying to psuh Fluttershy away.

"Nope! Even better! Take a look!" Pinkie cheered, showing what she was hiding. It was a jar, with a vicious black inside.

Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy nearly jumped out of their skin. "Pinkie! Get away from that!" Rarity said, her face turning a sickly pale.

"Oh, no... not that again! Anything but that!" Applejack shouted, backing away like her other friends.

"What's wrong? I think it's cute!" Pinkie cheered, holding the jar up to her face.

Twilight grabbed the jar, and set it in a chest. She stacked a heavy encyclopedia set on the jar's lid, and shut the chest, locking it and tucking the key in her pocket.

"Pinkie, do you even know what that thing is?! It bit Applejack, and drove her insane!" Twilight yelled, causing Pinkie's smile to damper.

"What do you mean? What exactly is it?" The pink girl asked, as Applejack and Fluttershy calmed down.

Applejack glanced at Rarity. "Tell 'em, sugarcube."

"Again with the story? I've already told it twice." Rarity sighed, exasperated.

"Ooooh! Storytime!" Pinkie cheered, inexplicably pulling a tub of popcorn from nowhere.

"Fine..." Rarity grumbled.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Stuttgart, Germany.

The Medic walked into the airport, wearing a scarf to hide the gash on his neck, and a black Tyrollean hat, and a dark trenchcoat.

"Ich bin hier für den Flug nach Paris, Frankreich..." He said to the airport attendant, smirking with his orange irises.