• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 1,651 Views, 41 Comments

Power Through Deceit - FrostyDawn



The REDs are once again intertwined with the fate of Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,651

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet

"Dash, wait up!" Scout yelled into the rain, as a frustrated Rainbow Dash angrily walked through the streets.

"Leave me alone!" Rainbow yelled back, her voice pained. Tears were dripping down her face, but it was hard to tell in the rain.

"Hey." Scout said, grabbing Rainbow Dash by the wrist. "Look at me." he said.

Rainbow turned to him, her eyes red and puffy. She looked up at him, and she felt reassured by the Scout's clear blue eyes.

"I know it hurts. I lost my dad too." He said solemnly. "My dad left when I was six. He never came back."

Rainbow Dash started sobbing, leaning on the Scout's shoulder. The Scout just held her close, as she let it all out.

"I miss my father so much... I just wish I knew what happened to him." She cried. "Celestia, I'd pay anything to see him again!"

"Hey. Relax. There are just some things you can't change. You gotta accept that." Scout said, as Rainbow Dash looked up to him.

"How?! I don't even know if he's alive!"

"Yeah. Niether do I. But here we are. I moved on. Sometimes, it the best thing you can do to yourself. You have to find the thing you want in life that'll make you happy, and hold onto it." Scout started to smirk. "I found mine."

Rainbow Dash looked a little confused. "What? How could you possibly find that?"

"I met you again, didn't I?" Scout asked, beaming a warm smile like a shining beacon to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow was stunned. "M-m-me?" she stammered.

Scout nodded, before Rainbow Dash quickly pressed her lips on Scout's cheek, leaving him momentarily stunned.

"I, uh... kind of missed you too." Rainbow Dash muttered, her cheeks bright red.

"I noticed. So, how-" He said, but paused. His face seemed shocked for a brief moment, staring off into the distance.

Curious, Rainbow turned to see if Scout was looking at anything out of the ordinary. He was. Near the corner of a building, was a lone figure. It seemed to be entirely covered, no human features visible. Except for two small wings, folded behind its back, it was hard to identify what it was. How long was it standing there? Where did it come from? It was shrouded in the darkness of the rain, but Rainbow Dash could tell it had malicious orange eyes under a haunting hood.

<><><><><><><><><>

Secluded cave, Equestria

The malnourished woman could feel her power returning as two more black insects landed in her palm, feeding her more green gas. As she inhaled, she could see her body growing thicker with muscle. She felt the marks of age vanish on her face, giving her new youth. "Ah, yes." She mused, her voice smooth and full of confidence.

"I'm getting closer. Time to begin the next step." She said, and turned beside her. Next to the woman was something in the shape of a human. Arms, legs, a head, it was definitely shaped like an ordinary person. But in place of skin was a thick black plating, like armor. It's eyes were blue, and it's mouth was filled with mandible dripping an orange liquid. Two insect like wings flickered behind it, and several black horns stuck out on its body, on its forehead, and along its spine.

"Awaiting your orders, my queen." It hissed. The woman snickered.

"Yes. Travel to Earth, and retrieve our new recruits. Then, take another one of their comrades." She ordered. "I need more killers." She said, pointing toward a small pool of bubbling green liquid in the corner.

The drone nodded, and crawled into the pool. The Queen peered into the liquid, and saw a translucent image. On Earth, her drone was speaking with two figures. The Spy and the Medic. In a few seconds, the two members of RED surfaced, crawling out of the green liquid. The Medic and Spy evilly smiled at the Queen.

"Avaiting orders, your majesty." The Medic said, making the Queen's chuckle resonated through the cave.

<><><><><><><><>

The Archives, Canterlot

Twilight scratched her chin at the shrine. "I don't get it. How did it transport Rainbow Dash?" She asked.

Rarity tsked. "Ah, Twilight, darling. You are over-thinking it. Just watch me." Rarity said, stepping forward with Fluttershy. She grabbed the stone, and thought for a moment. She then pointed it toward the portrait of the Engineer. After some vibrating and sparking, both Rarity and Fluttershy were gone.

Twilight shook her head. "I may have been over-thinking it, but Rarity surprisingly missed one minor detail." She boasted.

"What's that, Twilight?" Pinkie cheerfully asked.

"If Rainbow Dash used this last, that means wherever she put the stone is where she traveled to." Twilight began. "Before Rarity moved the stone, it was pointed at Scout. So, it stands to reason Rainbow Dash went there." She said, pointing the round sapphire back at the Scout. The stone vibrated once more, causing Twilight and Pinkie to vanish once more.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I'm pairing the Scout and Rainbow Dash. So sue me.