• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 1,557 Views, 53 Comments

Through Her Lens - SandyShores



After breaking her leg, Rarity finds interest in watching ponies whose lives she finds rather addicting, however things take a dark turn when she fears she watched a stallion murder his wife.

  • ...
0
 53
 1,557

'What Have You Done With Her'

“AJ, we need that hacksaw.”

“You’re right, but what are we supposed to do?”

Rarity and Applejack thought of a way to get the hacksaw away from Buck.

“We need to get him out off the house quickly, before he disposes of it.” Rarity looked around and tried to come up with a plan, when something came to her. “Applejack dear, by any chance did you manage to get Buck’s phone number?”

Applejack looked through the papers she’d retrieved from Ponyville library before she found the right one. “Here ya go Rarity.” She handed her friend the contact information for the address.

“Excellent, now just give me one moment.” She picked up her notepad and an envelope. Then she began to write ‘What Have You Done With Her?’ before she placed the note inside the envelope. “Could you be a dear and deliver this to our friend, I have an idea.”



It was getting late when Applejack made her over to the house; she looked over to Rarity, who in turn, gave her the thumbs-up to go ahead as planned. Applejack nodded and went to the door. She took a deep breath and slid the letter under the doorway. Then with one last push she knocked on the door and hurried off around the house. Buck went to the door and saw no one there, he tried to chase whoever it was, but Applejack was already around the house and well hidden. He gave up the search and went back inside before noticing the letter on the floor. He picked it and opened it before he began to read it.

His reaction was as good as any confession, the face of a stallion who was not confused, but who was afraid. His face told Rarity that he was guilty and he read the note several times and looked around as he started breathing heavily. He then quickly ran back outside and tried to catch who placed the note there, but Applejack was in no danger as she had already made her way around the block quickly and silently. He went back inside and sat down on the chair as he ran his hoof though his short mane.

Applejack ran around the back entrance of Carousel Boutique. Rarity continued watching his guilt pouring out like a leaky faucet when Applejack burst through the bedroom door out breath and smirking.

“Well what’d ya see, how’d he react.” Applejack was short on breath from the fast running and adrenaline still pumping.

“Perfectly, the face of a Stallion who’d just committed a murder suddenly realizing that someone’s onto him.”

“Okay, now what?” Applejack caught her breath.

Rarity made her way to the lamp and switched it off. “Now we give our friend a neighborly call.” She turned off another lamp and suddenly the room was completely black. She picked up the telephone and placed it on her lap as she moved slowly back from the window, just enough so she could see, but not enough to be noticed.

She dialed the number and waited for the ring on his part. She watched as the ringing phone surprised the stallion still sitting on the chair. “Go ahead Buck, you know you’re curious.” He made his way over to the phone slowly and cautiously before he swallowed hard and picked it up.

Rarity didn’t want to speak first and so she remained silent.

“…Hello?” Buck talked into the phone not knowing who to expect.

Rarity spoke in a voice that she hoped couldn’t be identified. “Did you get my note?”

“Who is this?”

“That doesn’t matter…I saw what you did.”

“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“So where is she Buck, Fillydeplia? Maybe still at the hospital? Or maybe she’s still in pieces.”

“…What do you want from me?”

A long pause followed as Rarity refused to answer.

“Huh, what do you want?”

“…I think we can work out a deal. Meet me at the Ponyville Pub in ten minutes with 200 bits, then we can talk.”

“…Will you keep silent?”

“Ten minutes Buck, or I call the cops.” Rarity hung up the phone.



“What did you think Applejack, will he leave? What am I saying of coarse he will.”

“That was great and all Rarity, but why are you sending him to a bar?”

“That bar is at least a twenty minute walk, that will give you plenty of time to sneak in and grab that hacksaw, there might still be some blood on it.”

“Ya want me ta sneak over there again? And this time you want me to break in?”

“I knew you wouldn’t want to go, that’s why I told you the plan after I called him, because now will be your only chance to go over there.”

“Well what if the door is locked, you want me ta break a window or something?”

Rarity continued watching a distressed Buck deciding his next move. “There’s a key under the mat.”

“Are you sure?”

“AJ, I’ve been watching him for the past few days now, there is a key under the mat.”

“But what if he doesn’t even go, I mean he hasn’t left yet.” Applejack pointed out.

Rarity looked though the window as well and smiled when she saw him reaching for a bag under his bed and dumping it on the bed to count out 200 bits.

“Well Applejack it sure does seem our friend has taken the bait.”

*************

Once again Applejack made her way over to the house. Rarity watched as she tried to get in through the door, but found it to be of coarse locked. She looked around for a second, making sure Buck was really gone and nopony could see her, before she lifted up the mat and grabbed the key.

She opened the door and made her way inside as Rarity bit her lip. ‘Do be careful dear.’

Applejack swiftly moved over to the sink and disappointingly lifted up the saw for Rarity to see. It was in fact perfectly cleaned and looked brand new.

‘Okay now come back AJ.’ Rarity told herself, but Applejack put down the saw and continued looking around. This was her only shot to get some hard evidence and she wasn’t about to blow it.

She spent a few minutes looking for some something that could incriminate the stallion. She made her way over to the locked trunk and tried to open it, which she found impossible. It must’ve had some strong lock because even with a powerful kick AJ still couldn’t convince the truck to open. She then looked around for a key. Rarity realized she should have paid closer attention to see where he put it, as Applejack continued to rummage around the house.

Suddenly Applejack, who had just looked underneath some couch cushions, turned to face Rarity and held up a shining gold key. Rarity smiled to Applejack, they both realized that anything worth putting under lock and key must be important. Applejack walked over to the trunk, ready to find some truth, but for some reason Rarity watched as she turned and dropped the key, as her face turned white. Rarity couldn’t see what Applejack was looking at and became confused when she began to step back as her lips moved.

Rarity quickly lifted up her camera and got a close look of a backpedaling Applejack and moved the lens to see an infuriated Buck speaking to her. Rarity lost her breath as she moved the camera again and noticed the door was open. ‘How long ago did he come back, and how much did he see?’

Rarity dropped the camera and quickly grabbed the phone, as she immediantly dialed the police.

“Yes, yes hello? There is a mare being assaulted, she needs help right now!”

“Ok, calm down ma’am, where is your friend?”

“She’s at 243 Main Street. Yes the house. Hurry!”

Rarity put the phone down and picked back up the camera where she refocused on Applejack. She had backed into a wall and was trying to talk her way out of being hurt. ‘Good Aj, just keep talking. The police will be there soon. ‘

Applejack continued her show, as Buck walked closer and closer to the mare. It was clear he wasn’t buying any of her story, but it didn’t matter all she needed was to buy time.

Rarity watched as Buck got up to her and raised his hoof to her, as a knock was heard at the door, grabbing his attention.

Buck walked over and allowed the police to enter. He began telling them how he came home to find someone breaking in. Rarity watched Applejack, Buck and the two Police stallions talking together. After a few moments the police nodded their heads and escorted Applejack out of the house. Applejack looked out the window and Rarity saw her quickly wink as she swished her tail. Rarity looked with her camera and saw the barely visible key being held by Applejack’s tail.

Rarity then watched as Buck looked at the swinging tail, than out the window to see a darkened room with a hardly visible white pony watching with a camera.

The police escorted Applejack out of the house and led her to the station. Buck watched as she was taken away, and after they left with her he made his way over to the Boutique, where he’d noticed someone watching him.