• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 1,557 Views, 53 Comments

Through Her Lens - SandyShores



After breaking her leg, Rarity finds interest in watching ponies whose lives she finds rather addicting, however things take a dark turn when she fears she watched a stallion murder his wife.

  • ...
0
 53
 1,557

I Know What I Saw

Rarity stretched out and realized she’d slept in her chair. She wondered for what reason would she sleep on that cold metal contraption that she already spent the rest of her day attached to. She felt something heavy sitting on her lap, ‘what’s my camera doing on my lap?’ she asked herself as she came into full consciousness. “My camera!”
She wheeled her way over to the window and peered outwards into the night sky. It must’ve been early in the morning; early enough that it was still very dark. She pointed her camera at her target and still saw nothing. ‘Damn it, nothing. Where is that pony, what did he do to her?’

Throughout the night Rarity leaned her foreleg on her broken one in order to balance the camera. After several hours the pressure took its toll and the pain in her leg became pretty unbearable. She wheeled herself over and picked up some of the pain medication she’d never touched. She tossed back a few and swallowed them with some wine as she made her way back over to her window.

About half an hour later and it was still very early in the morning, but the combination of Rarity’s lack of energy and the effect of the pain medication produced a pretty powerful knockout for the unicorn as she passed out once again.




A few hours later in the afternoon, Applejack went to once again check in on Rarity, she made her way in and prepared another bowl of soup for the unicorn. She made her way up the stairs and saw Rarity as she sat, slumped over in her chair. She ran over to make sure her friend was still breathing.

“Rarity, wake up sugar, you’re starting to scare me!”

Rarity snapped out her drug induced light coma and completely ignored her friend as she wheeled her way over to the window.

“Are you ok? You scared the hell out of me.”

“I’m just fine Applejack.” She quickly dismissed her friend. She scanned the house just in time to see the stallion as he ran out of the house to leave for work. “and where the hell are you running off to?”

“And what in the hay are you doing looking out that window?”

“Shh, quiet.” Rarity noticed the stallion looking out his own living room window as he scanned several buildings “Quickly get back.” She wheeled her own chair out of sight from him as she pulled Applejack to follow.

Satisfied after his scan, he put on his hat and left to go to work.

Applejack stepped in front of Rarity after she noticed him leave. “What in the heck just happened?”

“The son of a bitch almost saw us, that’s what just happened.” Rarity winced in slight pain as she made her way to take some more pain medication.

“Rarity, what are you talking about, why were we just hiding from that stallion?”

“Because he might be onto me.” Rarity popped a couple pills in her mouth before she swallowed it with a taste of wine. “and I think he just hurt his wife.” Rarity said flatly, as if expecting Applejack to just accept her claim.

“He…hurt...his…wife?” Applejack was confused at the entire situation. “Rarity have you been drinking?” She looked over at the wine bottle Rarity had on the table.

“No, well I’ve had some wine, but what else am I supposed to do?”

Applejack just nodded her head sarcastically.

“Listen, I watched him last night, he definitely hurt her, the blue pegasus, you might have seen her yesterday when he was yelling at Ditzy.”

“You saw him hit his wife?”

“Well, I know he hit her.”

“But did you see him hit her?”

“Listen Applejack, I know what I saw.”

“But what exactly did you see, two ponies arguing?”

“AJ, this was not two ponies in an argument, I watched as her eyes grew wide with fear every time he came close to her. You should’ve seen her when he came home, she couldn’t hide the terror she felt from him.”

“Fine, I’ll play along, but there’s really just one way to settle this.” She turned to make her way out the bedroom door. “I’ll go over there and make sure she’s alright. Actually wait…let me see that camera of yours.” She walked over and got the camera from Rarity “If’n she does have any bruises I’ll have to document them.” For the most part Applejack just humored the idea, and didn’t actually believe that anything happened to the pegasus.

“No, wait you can’t go what if he catches you? I don’t want to see anything happen to you.”

“Listen sugarcube, I’ll just be gone a minute. I’ll knock on the door and make sure she’s alright. Then we can put this whole thing to rest.”

“Fine…fine, but Applejack please be careful alright?”

“Don’t worry I can handle my own.” Applejack left and Rarity could only watch nervously to make sure her friend remained safe.



Rarity watched from her window as Applejack casually walked across the street and made her way to the house. She watched as Applejack knocked on the door, and waited for a few moments.

She tried several more times but the door remained unanswered. Applejack moved towards the Rarity watching from her window and openly shrugged.

‘She’s not home right now because she is at the hospital already or worse.’ Rarity hated the thought. ‘Okay Applejack come back now, don’t risk him coming back and catching you.’

Applejack rejected the notion of quitting now, Rarity would only believe something terrible had happened. She made her way around the house and took a better look through every window she could. Rarity could only watch in horror as she made her way to the other side of the house, where Rarity couldn’t keep watch of her. ‘Please be okay Applejack.'



After several tense minutes Applejack made her way back around the house, across the street and into Rarity’s Boutique. Rarity looked toward her bedroom door and waited for Applejack to come through and confirm her suspicions.

Applejack walked through the door and over to Rarity.

“Well, what happened?”

Applejack placed the camera on Rarity’s lap. “See for yourself.”

Rarity quickly turned on the camera and looked at the single picture. She saw a blue pegasus half covered by a thick comforter, asleep in her bed, laying on her side with her face fairly visible and without a mark on her. “But she looks fine.” Indeed there wasn’t scratch, bruise, cut or mark on the visible side of the pegasus.

“Yeah, she looks alright to me, almost like she’s sleeping. Maybe she had a rough night, but she doesn’t seem too beat up, wouldn’t you say?”

“Well what about the other side of her face, maybe he just hit her on one side?”

“Are you hearing yourself, I’m sorry but did you want me to break in there and give her a full physical for Pete’s sake. Besides if she had been hit, at all, don’t you think she’d have an ice pack for her face or something?”

Rarity considered this and figured maybe Applejack was right. “Well what happened?”

Applejack sighed. “Made my way over there, an’ no one answered, which you saw. Then I made my way around to see if I could get a look at any knocked over furniture, or anything like that. I looked through the living room window on the other side and through the door I was able to see her,” She pointed to the pegasus in the picture. “fast asleep. Is that good enough Rarity?”

“I’m…sorry AJ, it’s just I could’ve sworn that he’d done something to her.”

Applejack chuckled. “It’s alright Rarity, being cooped up in this here room for so long’s got you seeing things, or maybe just comin’ up with crazy ideas out of sheer boredom or maybe it’s just the wine talkin’. Now if’in you’re satisfied, I believe you haven’t touched your soup yet, besides,” She pulled out her playing cards again.” you beat me yesterday, and now it’s game on.”