• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 2,993 Views, 61 Comments

Gojira and the Battle for Equestria - Immortan Joe



A massive, unstoppable beast rose up from the depths of Equestria. It destroyed our homes; it began to spread plagues and famine throughout our country side. It ruined foreign relations, it even killed our forerunners.

  • ...
7
 61
 2,993

Death Toll

Chapter 3: Death Toll

Luna stood there in a daze; she was stunned by the sight before her. What was once the beautiful village of Manesville. Now laid there in heaps of rubble and debris, in the distance the cries of wounded could be heard. And before her, stallions ran by digging through the rubble looking for loved ones or precious belongings. Other families who were not greatly affected by the destruction caused by Gojira, returned to their homes to pack their things and leave encase the wretched monster should return.

"Your highness," Addressed one of Celestia's day guards, Luna jolted because of being caught off guard. Shaking her head she looked down at the stallion in gold armor.

"Yes what is it?" She asked,

"It is Princess Celestia; she requests you quickly make your way to the medical center." He said giving a low bow.
Luna nodded, "Tell our sister We'll be there in a minute." The guard nodded and turned to trot back towards the distant medical tents that were sat up shortly after the rampage. "Wait!" Luna said taking a step forward towards the stallion.

stallion stopped and turned towards the Princess. "Yes your highness?" He asked, Luna took a deep breath and looked out towards the destroyed village.

"How many... How many died because of this?" She asked looking back at the guard who was still looking at the ruins.
Moments later he let out a sigh and glanced up the Alicorn, "I'm afraid I cannot answer that your Highness." He said, Luna frowned

"Why not," She asked.

The guard’s ears flattened and he scratched the back of his head, "Because there was to many for me to count..."

:[-]:

"You requested for us, Tia?" Luna asked planting her hooves onto the damp ground, Celestia stood there pale as a ghost. The sight of the dead and injured ponies forever implanted into her mind. Yes Celestia has seen death before she had to cope with it a many of times before. But, not as brutal as this, crushed mangled bodies laid with a tarp pulled over them. Others were charred and burned, but the worst of all were the ones that died after the monster left.

Something foul has been left behind by this creature, ponies that’ve been getting sick all of sudden. One moment they seem fine and the other there hacking up blood and dying. Soon they have been showing symptoms of having tumors and boils sprouting up on their bodies.

Celestia just shortly ordered an immediate evacuation of any healthy ponies out of Manesville. And the others, who aren't healthy, must be quarantined immediately to avoid any further contamination.

How could we have not notice such a large behemoth exist without us knowing? Celestia thought looking out towards the ruined village. What creature could do such a foul act to such innocent ponies, why would… Celestia was forced out of her thoughts, by Luna nuzzling her side.

Celestia yelped due to her sisters tickling, "Luna please don't startle me like that!" Celestia took in a deep breath and smiled looking over at Luna.

Luna chuckled, "Sorry sister it's just that We have been sitting here for a minute waiting for a response."

Celestia nodded, "Sorry I was just thinking about what has happened here."

Luna nodded, "We can see that thou are very troubled by what has happened."

Celestia nodded, "Yes, Luna, I am. I have never seen such destruction sense before..." Luan's ears flattened and she looked away from Celestia.

Celestia stopped and looked at Luna, "Oh sorry sister please forgive me, I didn't mean to bring up the past."

Luna nodded and smiled shrugging off Celestia's last comment, "You are okay, Tia, and We do see what you mean though."

Looking back over the destruction Celestia sighed, "Would you care to go for a walk, little sister?" Celestia asked glancing over at Luna who too was looking over the tragic sight.

Luna looked at Celestia and grinned, "We would like that."

:[-]:

Doctor Whooves let out another yelp, as again he has stumbled over another piece of rubble. "Please Doctor, watch were you are going." Chimes sighed,

"I'm sorry Dr. Chimes; I'm just a little excited." He said pulling out his magnifying glass so he could examine a scorched piece of wood more closely. Chimes stopped walking and glared at the Doctor,

"How in the name of Celestia can this excite you," Chimes took a deep breath, "Doctor they’re ponies that are just over the hill that are dying because of us! Because of our curiosity, we have unleashed probably Equestria's most horrifying monsters upon the world!" The Doctor sighed and placed his magnifying glass back in his coat pocket,

"You don't think I already know that Chimes, do you not think that I too feel guilt because of this." He said standing up and looking over at Chimes with a stern look. The Doctor sighed and glanced around the village ruins, "In order to advance in life, Chimes, you must sacrifice things or ponies that are close to you.” He said hoping that the common cliché would calm him, “The death of those ponies that died last night will not be in vain. Yet their sacrifices will be for the greater good of science, with what happened last night we can now learn even more about this 'Gojira'." The Doctor said with air quotes. He turned away from Chimes and began to head deeper into the village ruins.

Chimes sighed and began to follow the Doctor, "So, Doctor, what happened to Leisure and the others?" Chimes asked as the duo made their way passed the post office that was surprisingly one of the only buildings that was still standing.

"Leisure, Dr. Chimes, is out with Captain Heart and the search party up in Manehatten searching for the creature. Blossom is still in Canterlot she is second in command of the research team. They are using whatever we found in that underground facility trying to uncover ways on how to stop this creature." The Doctor climbed up a pile of rubble once he reached the top he turned to help Chimes up, the Doctor stuck out his tail gesturing for Chimes to take it,

"I take it you're in charge of the entire operation?" Chimes asked, Chimes took hold of the Doctor’s tail with his teeth and began to climb up.

"Yes I am in fact-OUCH! Not too hard, Dr. Chimes!"

Chimes chuckled and stood up right next to the Doctor, "Sorry about that, Dr. Whooves." He laughed.

The Doctor glared at chimes and began to move forward, "Well as I was saying- Ye-ARGGH!!" The Doctor slipped and fell down the pile of debris scrapping his back on some splintered wood he barrel rolled into a ditch falling about six feet.

"Oh my Celestia, Doctor, Doctor, are you okay!? Please answer me!" Chimes panicked, Chimes carefully began to make his way down the pile of rubble towards the wounded Doctor.

Slowly climbing to his hooves, the Doctor winced... "What the heck happened?" He asked out loud to nopony in particular. Shaking his head he scrapped the dust and pebbles out of his mane. Opening his eyes he observed his surroundings; he seemed to be in a large ditch about thirty yards wide and about twice the length.

"What in the hay... This couldn't have been here a few nights ago. This looks... Freshly made as if something came through... Oh my Celestia!" The Doctor mumbled with astonishment. Chimes came down the side of the ditch stumbling down the final half, causing some debris to fall in with him. Regaining his balance he trotted towards the Doctor who seemed excited yet slightly in a shock.

"Doctor Whooves! Please tell me you're all right." He said still slightly panicked,

"D-Dr. Chimes do you know what we're in right now," He asked, with excitement trembling out of his lips,

"Oh thank Luna..." He sighed while coming to a stop just a few feet away from the Doctor, Chimes stopped and looked around at the ditch they're in. "It looks to me like an ordinary ditch..."

The Doctor stood and looked towards Chimes, a small grin pierced his lips as he stared Chimes in the eyes, "But that's where you're wrong Dr. Chimes, this is no ditch. This is a Foot Print"

:[-]:

The two Alicorns made their way through the field of medical tents, neither of them being able to look towards the wounded or dead ponies. Doctors ran back and forth from cot to cot, patient to patient. They tended to anyone they could, in the distance a crying filly could be heard, screaming repeatedly, "Mom! Please wake up! Mommy, please wake up!" Celestia cringed at the sound of the crying filly. The thought of losing a loved one being almost unbearable for her to think about,

"Tia, may we ask you a question?" Luna asked from behind looking towards the crying filly who was embracing what Celestia assumed to be her father. The two both held the expressions of sorrow and guilt,

"Yes, Luna," Celestia tried to pull on a calming smile while she spoke to her sister,

"How many... How many subjects died at the hands of this beast?"

Celestia winced, remembering how large the number was. "Three hundred and thirty two, and still rising my dear sister."
Luna's ears drooped regretting she even asked, "My lord... We weren't expecting the number to be that high." Luna whispered.

Celestia stepped back and nuzzled her sister trying to comfort her. "Don't worry my younger sister, we'll put a stop to this monster trust me we-" Celestia stopped at the sound of a ringing bell tower.

Dong....

Dong....

Dong...

"Dear me, who is ringing that bell," Celestia asked out loud, around Celestia guards began jumping to their hooves and began scrambling around. "You there, Guard, who is ringing that bell and why!" Celestia pointed towards the nearest guard.

The guard stopped and saluted her, "It is Rose Pedal your, majesty, Captain of the third search party!" He took a breath, "They seemed to have found the monster and it's heading this way this instant!"

Celestia's eyes widened in horror, turning to her sister Celestia spoke, "Luna, go find the Doctor right away, and alert any idle guards and order them immediately to get ready for battle!"

"But, Tia, we are not prepared to fight a beast with such might! We'll be crushed before we could even raise a hoof!" Luna protested.

"Please Luna just do as I say! We cannot afford to lose any more innocent lives!" Celestia said, with that Luna nodded taking flight she flew in the direction of where the Doctor was last seen.

Turning away from where Luna was just at Celestia looked at the now panicking ponies that were quickly gathering their items and running. Guards who were stationed along the roads were helping the wounded into wagons and guiding others towards the mountains in the north.

"Evacuate all Civilians to the northern mountains," Shouted the pegasi guards that flew over head.
One guard in particular who was dressed in purple armor landed in front of Celestia. "Your, majesty," She said "I was told to escort you back to Canterlot in case of an emergency now could you please-"

"Are you Rose Pedal?" Asked Celestia, the mare nodded, "Are you the one who rang the bell?" the mare nodded again. "Where is the beast now?" she asked.

"Just over the eastern mountain now, Princess, please we must get out of-" Just then the most terrifying screech in all of ponydom. Filled the noon sky, ponies all around dropped to their knees and cupped their ears.

Celestia jolted at the horrifying sound, in the distance above the eastern mountain. Came a head of monster so enormous that it casted a shadow that covered a large portion of the already destroyed town.

Celestia stared at the creature with horror, "In all my life I've never seen a creature so large and terrifying..." She mumbled, Rose Pedal reached up and tugged on Celestia,

"Come, Princess, we must go right away! Please!" Celestia stared at the monster, its hide almost as dark as the night time sky with hints of green. Large blue spines with hints of white on the outer edges outlined its back its pure white eyes glared down at the village.

Gojira let out another ear bleeding roar as he turned away from the village and began heading east towards the ocean. Celestia stood there terrified by what she just saw yet she was confused at the same time. By what just happened, why did it leave...? Was it just trying to find its way back to the ocean?

Rose Pedal stood there almost petrified; looking back up at the Princess she saw that she wasn't the only one... Celestia though knew for a fact, that was no monster, nor an animal... That there what she just saw could only be described as a Demon...

*Authors Message*

Sorry for this being a short chapter but I just wanted to describe the aftermath of Godzilla's first rampage. Also for those who are wondering what Godzilla I was describing or want a better image of how I'm describing him.

This is actually my favorite Godzilla design, also he is possibly the most terrifying looking one!