• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 2,380 Views, 40 Comments

A Princess's Sadness - FellFour



Not every little girl wants to be a princess...

  • ...
14
 40
 2,380

Chapter 2 (Edited)

A Princess's Sadness
Chapter 2


No matter gain or grim
It's those tiny little sparks
In daily life that makes me
Forget my wounded heart.


Remember when I said I walked out of the castle? Yeah, I didn't leave the castle. I just went to the cafe to get Twilight some water, since it is the drink that she asked for. I mean, all that crying she did, it might have made her a little dehydrated because of all the tears that were going down her face. I can't blame her, it's happened to me before. You know, before I came here...
Anyway, I get the water for Twilight and I make my way back up to her room when I bump into Luna. I noticed a frown on her face and it didn't exactly worry me, it just made me wonder. So I had to know.

"Hey Luna. What's with the frown?" I asked.

"Oh...hey Daniel. It's nothing. I still can't remember my crush's name." Luna said sadly.

I noticed how depressing that sounded.

"Hey, don't get depressed over it. You'll remember eventually. If you really can't remember his name, then tell me what he looks like and I'll see if he sounds familiar." I said.

"...Thanks, Daniel. Oh and one more thing, is Twilight Sparkle alright? I heard crying a few minutes ago and why is your shirt soaking wet?" Luna asked, worried.

"Twilight isn't doing very good and my shirt being soaking wet is from her crying. That's why I'm bringing her some water because I figured that she would be dehydrated from the amount of tears that were running down her face. You really don't have to worry about anything. I got it all under control. I'll tell you and Celestia about it, if she'll allow me." I said.

"...Well. Okay then. I'll see you later, I guess." Luna said, walking away.

"Oh...okay. Bye Luna..."

I then make my way back to Twilight's room. I had a few questions running through my head. Some of them were about Luna, but it was mostly about Twilight. I still couldn't get her face out of my mind. She looked...horrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's not ugly, not even close to that. It's just the face she made, it just broke my heart a little bit. I literally haven't seen a look like that for years. I don't exactly remember who, but I do know it was one of my 'friends'. Yeah, it didn't really work out. I tried helping him, but it wasn't any good. It resulted in him being sent to a mental hospital. Poor guy, I still feel bad for him. I think his name was John. He was a nice guy. He was the only real friend I remember having. Other than that, I didn't really have that many friends back on Earth.
Anyway, with all these questions running through my head, I make it to Twilight's room. I knock first, open the door and...she's gone.

"...Twilight?"

I call out her name, but I didn't get a response. I figured that she was hiding, so I looked for her.

How long was I gone? I don't remember being gone for that long. It only felt like a few minutes! Calm down, Daniel. You'll find her...

I look in her closet. She's not there.
I look under her bed. She's not there.
I looked EVERYWHERE IN HER ROOM. She's not there. However, I did find a scroll on top of her dresser. I was hoping to God that she didn't run away. With me being worried, I start reading the letter.

Dear Daniel,

If you are reading this, then that means I'm gone. Now, don't worry, I'm not running away. I'm just going to fly around and get some fresh air. I figured that's what I should do since I haven't been out of my room for a long while now. I really do appreciate what you are doing for me. When I get back, I'll tell you what's wrong. For now, walk around the castle for a while. Just make sure you don't walk around for too long. So, basically, I'll be back in a little bit.
-Twilight

Oh, thank you. I didn't want to go on a hunt for you...

"Well, good thing you didn't have to..."

I turn around and I see Princess Celestia just outside the door.

"Oh, hi Celestia. You kind of scared me for a second there. Is there anything wrong?" I asked.

"Hi Daniel. There is nothing wrong. I just heard crying up hear earlier. What was going on?" Celestia asked.

"Oh. That was Twilight. She didn't tell me what's wrong with her, exactly, but she'll tell me eventually." I said, informing her.

"Will you tell me after you two are done talking?" Celestia asked.

"I think it will be better if she told you, but I think I need to convince her to do it because she's really hesitant in telling you what the problem is."

"...Alright. Where is she, exactly?" Celestia asked, curious.

"She went outside to fly around. You know, to get some fresh air."

"I see. Well, when Twilight gets back, make sure that you tell her that I'm here for her and that she can talk to me about anything. Can you do that?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Good. Well, I need to get back to the throne room. I'll see you later, Daniel."

"Okay. Bye, Celestia." I said as she was leaving.

Celestia closed the door and went back to the throne room. I figured that, since Twilight won't be back for a while, I might as well lay down on the bed and take a short nap.


One Hour Later...

I wake up and I see that it's still sunny out. I look at the clock on the wall and it says it's 3:30 p.m.

"Did you have a good nap?"

I look behind me and I see Twilight sitting on a chair, reading a book.

"Um...yeah I did, actually. When did you get back?" I asked.

"Ten minutes ago. I didn't want to wake you up, so I sat and read a book, waiting for you to wake up. Thanks for the water by the way. I really needed it." Twilight said.

"You're welcome. So...have you calmed down?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I still need to know what's going on, Twi. What's the problem?"

Twilight then put down the book, took a deep breath and began talking.

"Well," she began. "At first, I was so happy to be a princess. However, I started thinking about how long Celestia and Luna have been living and...and then a question came into mind. What if I outlive my friends? It's the kind of thing that I never want to think about, but the thought always comes back into mind everyday. Now, it's all I think about and it's causing me not to do a single thing, besides laying in bed and/or reading books. I...I just don't want to lose my friends, Daniel."

"...So basically, you're worried about how long you will live and that you might outlive your friends?" I asked.

"Pretty much, yeah. What do you think I should do?" Twilight asked.

"Spend a lot of time with your friends." I said simply.

"Yeah, I know, but what if I'm busy?"

"If you're free, then spend the day hanging out with your friends. If you finish up early, then spend the rest of the day with your friends."

"What if it takes me almost the whole day to finish my work?" Twilight asked.

"Well, since it might be night time, then you can just spend some time with me. That is, if you're not tired from working."

"When I finish my work, it's usually close to sun set. Sometimes I finish around the time when Luna raises the moon."

"Either way, you can either spend some time with me or with your other friends." I suggested.

"...There's also something else I've been thinking about. The thought crossed my mind when I was flying around."

"Okay. Tell me what it is." I said, listening.

"...What if you die before I do?" Twilight asked.

Oh no...

She then started to tear up. That's when I got up from the bed, walked over to her and hugged her.

"Twi, I don't want you to have these thoughts."

"I know you don't, Daniel! I just can't help but think about my friends, especially you. Out of all the ponies I've ever met, you are the greatest friend I've ever had, including my other friends in Ponyville. I just...don't want to lose you!" Twilight said, crying.

"...Wait. What do mean by that? What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying...I love you very much, Daniel." Twilight said.

I was shocked. I sat there, frozen in place. I stay like that for a good five minutes until a thought crossed my mind.

Is this the main reason why she's sad?

"...Twi. Is this...is this the real reason why you've been so sad?" I asked.

"...Yes." Twilight confessed.

"...How long have you had these feelings?"

"Remember that talk we had three months ago?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"That was when I got the feeling." Twilight said.

"Are you sure it's love that you're feeling? Can you...describe it to me because I know what love feels like." I said/asked.

"...Well." she began. "It's...something I just can't describe, Daniel. Ever since that talk we had three months ago, I just couldn't get you off my mind. I miss you all the time and, sometimes, I even had...dreams about you."

"Whoa whoa whoa, dreams? What kind of dreams?" I asked, curiously.

Twilight blushed, then whispered it into my ear. As soon as she told me that, I broke the embrace and just...blushed crimson red. I'm not joking, if you were to see my face, it would be completely red. I knew Twilight saw my face because she was giggling.

"...Well. That's really something." I said, still blushing.

"So...do you think it's love?" Twilight asked.

"Oh yeah, that's love."

"Have you had the same feelings for me, Daniel?" she asked, in a curious tone.

My heart stopped. I don't know why. I mean, honestly, I knew that question was coming. However, I didn't know she would asked me that soon. When I calmed down a little bit, I turned to Twilight. She was still giggling a little bit because I was still blushing a little bit.

"...I'm not sure." I said.

Twilight then had a frown on her face. She also had a confused look on it as well.

"Hey, I'm not implying that I never had feelings over you. I'm just...not sure if this is actually love or not. I know I've told you that I know what love feels like, but I don't know if this feeling IS love. I just don't know, yet." I said.

I saw her head droop.

"...I get it."

I looked at her with suspicion.

"...You do?" I said.

"Yes...you don't like me anymore because of what I said." Twilight said, looking at me with anger.

...No.

"...Twi. Don't say that. Of course I care about you! Why do you think I came all the way from Ponyville to see you, huh? What? Is it just because I fucking felt like it? NO, THAT'S NOT IT. That's because I care about you a lot and I don't want to see anypony sad and depressed, especially you. You know me well enough that I would never stop caring about you. EVER. Now-"

"SHUT UP! LIES!" Twilight said, covering her ears with her hoofs.

...This can't be happening.

"...Twilight, wh-"

"GET OUT!!" Twilight screamed. "GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK! YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME AND YOU KNOW IT!! GET. OUT."

I looked at her with utter shock. I then gave her a look of pity.

"...Fine."

She then looked at me.

"Wh...what?"

"I said FINE. If you want me to leave, then I'll leave and never bother you again." I said.

She stared at me for a long time.

"...Fine. Go."

"...So this is it, huh? We've only known each other for SEVEN MONTHS and we already know everything about each other. I know you well enough that-"

"STOP!" Twilight screamed.

"NO. I WON'T STOP."

"WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I DON'T WANT YOU HERE ANYMORE?! LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK! IT'S LIKE I SAID BEFORE, YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME." Twilight screamed.

...This can't be happening.

"...Are you really going to let our relationship go out the window...AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?!?!" I screamed.

Twilight flinched.

"I know you damn well enough that you need me right now, but if you want me gone, then I'll leave! Don't come crying to me when you're hurt because you know what you just did? YOU BLEW IT. I care about you, but you need to get your FUCKING ACT TOGETHER!" I said.

I turn around and leave the room, heartbroken.


The Fight

I reach the main floor of the castle, in tears. Luna comes walking by, which is something I did not want right now. She was about to speak to me, but I walked too quickly for her to even say anything. I was in complete rage and tears. I then see the exit. I walk my fastest to it.

"You see you idiot?! You caused this to happen!"

I stop dead in my tracks. I turned around. It was Blueblood.

"Blueblood, not now!" I yelled.

"Aw, what's the matter. Did the little monkey get his heart broken again? HA! I could laugh for ages at you. Look at you! You're pathetic, weak and DOWN-RIGHT STUPID! When will you ever learn that you don't need to be here. You're a disgrace to us! Even my aunt Celestia says so, especially my aunt Luna." Blueblood.

"YOU'RE LYING!" I scream.

"I'm only but telling you the cold truth, Daniel. It's the truth and you know it! I can't wait to see what Twilight truly has to say about you. Besides, she's not really the smartest mare out there anyway. Have you seen her lately? UGH, I could almost vomit! She's just down-right pathetic and you only made it worse! Now, I'm gonna have to laugh at her even more for being the biggest failure to ponykind! See you later, you dumb monkey!" Blueblood said, spitting on the ground.

I stand there, utterly speechless. I then feel something literally BURNING.

Oh no, not this again.

My vision begins to blur. I was blacking out, but I forced myself not to because I wanted to remember what I was about to do. I walked towards Blueblood. Then ran. Then sprinted. Blueblood turned around, taking notice, and he jumped and started running for his dear life. Holy shit was he a fast runner, but not that much. He then started laughing at me. That only made me angrier and made me run faster. I eventually caught to him, tackled him to the ground. I then look at him with the biggest amount of fury I could possibly manage. I then clench my fists. Blueblood then realized what I was about to do and was about to call for help. I was quicker then him. A LOT quicker. I punched him right in the jaw the second he opened his mouth. I kept doing this for about a half an hour. I threw my last punch and stop. I get up from the ground and look at Blueblood. He was crying like the little bitch that he is. I then kicked him in the stomach five times until he just laid there, whimpering. I take a few deep breaths and calm down enough to speak.

"That's what happens when you get a human to their absolute breaking point. Humans are very violent creatures, but can be the most harmless. That was a pure example of why you shouldn't fuck with a human like that, especially me. I'm warning you right now, if you even so much as lay a single hair on Twilight, I will find you and do the exact same thing I just did to you, but a lot worse. That's not only a promise, but a warning and a threat. You can tell Celestia about it. I don't care. She won't care and neither will the guards. You want to know why? It's simple, they're getting sick and tired of your fucking bullshit. Do you even know how to respect a mare? Probably not.

HA! And you call me the weak one. You think that hurt? Just wait until the next time I beat you to a pulp. There better not be a next time because, bitch, I will send you to the hospital with broken bones and a broken jaw. You can have my word on it." I conclude.

I turn around and was about to walk, but I see five guards standing there, in complete awe. I just smile and walk by, putting my hand on one of their shoulders. I also see Princess Celestia. She gave me a disappointed look and I didn't like it.

"Don't look at me like that. You know just as well as I do that he deserved that beating. Don't come up with any of your shitty sayings that you say to your guards or Twilight. As a matter of fact, I'm done talking to her. You can go up there now. She can tell you everything. I'm done. Don't ever come to me for help, because I've had enough. I'm through. I'm going back to Ponyville and think about if I've made a good decision of even coming here because, honey, I don't think I ever did. You can thank yourself for losing the best thing that has ever happened to Twilight; the love of her life." I said.

I leave Celestia heartbroken and saddened. I walk out of the castle and make my way to the train station. I get to the train station and wait for the train to Ponyville. I waited for at least an hour before the train arrived.

"DANIEL, WAIT!" Twilight screamed.

I ignored her. I look at the ring that she gave me two months ago. It was the symbol of our friendship. We didn't have one. I took it off, put it on the ground and got on the train.

"DANIEL, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!"

I turned around and said these words that I will never forget: "...No. It's over. Goodbye, Twilight." I said.

The train doors close and I leave Twilight in utter tears and sorrow. I turn to sit and I see other mares and a few stallions giving me a confused look.

"WHAT?!" I asked, screaming.

They instantly go back to what they were doing. I then took a deep breath and tried to calm down. I then find an empty seat and sit down, looking out the window with the feeling of extreme sorrow and sadness.

...What have I done?

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed!

About time, huh? Yeah, sorry for neglecting this story. I'll make sure I post more chapters in the future.

You didn't see that coming at all, did you? Be honest with me in the comments.