• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 2,380 Views, 40 Comments

A Princess's Sadness - FellFour



Not every little girl wants to be a princess...

  • ...
14
 40
 2,380

Chapter 4-2

A Princess's Sadness
Chapter 4-2


"A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory.
A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream.
I want to line the pieces up-
yours and mine."


"Um...I didn't expect to see you this soon. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm still recovering from what happened three weeks ago."

I sighed and said, "Look, I'm terribly sorry for my actions that day. I just turned into a completely different person and it disgusts me to even think about. Again, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I wasn't myself either, so don't feel bad." Twilight said.

"...Um, do you want to come in for a little while, so that we can talk?" I asked, very politely.

"Of course I do. That's the whole reason why I came here."

Twilight walked in and I closed the door behind her. I thought that I would open a few blinds because the house was a little dark and that fact that it might have been bothering her a little bit.

"So...you went to the Crystal Empire, huh?"

"Yes. That's where I've been for the past three weeks. It was just me mainly talking to Cadence and Shining Armor, which by the way isn't very happy with you." Twilight said.

"I could talk to him if you want me to, since this is my fault." I said.

"No it isn't, Daniel."
"Yes it is! If I wouldn't have gotten on that train and stayed to listen to you; none of this would have happened and I still feel so fucking guilty about it! I'm sorry for my language, but holy crap it tears my heart out every time I think about it!" I said, practically yelling.

"Please calm down. I really don't like seeing you like this." Twilight said.

I took a deep breath and plopped onto my bed, looking up at the ceiling. I then feel Twilight jump onto the bed and come over to me, lying next to me; cuddling. My heart exploded and couldn’t help but giggle. Twilight giggled a little bit too.

“What’s so funny?” Twilight asked, looking at me with her big and beautiful eyes.

“Oh nothing, it’s just that you look so freaking adorable when you do that. In fact, I think you’re adorable in general.” I said.

I then gave her a kiss on the forehead and she giggled. We cuddled for a little bit, before Twilight decided to bring up a certain subject three weeks ago.

“So…what went through your mind when you were beating up Blueblood?” Twilight asked, giving me a playful smile.

I instantly knew what she was talking about.

“…Shit, all I remember was hearing yelling. I don’t really remember much.”

“You mean…you blacked out?”

“That’s exactly what I did. Did you ever see him after I beat the crap out of him?” I asked.

“Yeah and…wow. I didn’t know that you were capable with such violence, Daniel.”

“It’s part of human nature. Humans can have their moments. Sometimes they can be calm & walk away from a potential fight, which is something I should’ve done, and sometimes…they can be pushed to their uttermost limit & basically no longer have control in what they do and they blackout. With me, when I blackout, you would want to stay away from me. It would probably take at least six royal guards to restrain me. I may not look that tough, but I’m secretly a monster when it comes to strength. My mom told me that I get that from my father, but I don’t know for sure since I don’t know much about him.” I said.

“You…never knew your father?”

“Nope and I think I’m better off without him too because do you know where he was, Twilight? IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION! That’s where he fucking was and I don’t know why. My mother never told me, but my dad did. I visited him once and…ugh. Let me tell the story. This is an experience that I’ll never forget until the day I die.” I said, beginning my story.


This story contains a few things that I have failed to mention, but the big thing is that I know what my father looked like. I never got to know him though, that’s the screwed up part about this whole thing and…it changed me forever. It’s…pretty eye opening and shocking, to say the least.


15 Years Ago

I was only eight years old when I went to visit my father and it would be my only visit. My mom and I arrived at the prison at the right time; 10:00 A.M. I was kind of tired, due to the fact that I stayed up late last night playing Super Mario World, a game back on my planet. Oh well, at least I got some sleep. I was nervous. I didn’t even know what prison was back then and it already sounded unpleasant.

“Now, Daniel, when we get in there; you are not to look at a single man that is in there, okay?”

“Yes mommy. I won’t.” I said, scared.

“It’s okay, sweetheart. They won’t take you away from me. I’ll make sure of that.” My mom said, trying to calm me down.

That’s not what I was scared of. I was scared of what my dad was going to be like from being in prison for so long. We soon made our way into the prison and we were met with a police officer and a psychologist. We were told that he was just in that room.

“Oh and he has requested that Daniel is to come in without his mother.”

I looked at my mommy with nervousness. My mom hugged me tightly and kissed me on my forehead.

“Don’t worry, Daniel. This police officer will make sure that nothing will happen to you. I’ll be watching closely in the other room.” My mom said, smiling at me with comfort.

“But…I’m scared mommy.”

“Don’t be scared, honey. It’ll be alright. Now go with the police officer; your father is excited to meet you.”

The lady officer took out her hand and smiled. I was very hesitant.

“It’s alright, buddy. I won’t bite. Take my hand.”

I took her by her word and took her hand. We were now in the room and that’s when I saw him; my father. He grinned from ear to ear.

“Daniel! Look at you; all grown up! I haven’t seen you since you were only a baby. Come here, give me a hug!” My dad said, kneeling down.

I was hesitant, but ran up to him and gave him a big hug. He started crying.

“Oh god, it’s so good to see you son. You have no idea how happy I am right now.” My dad said.

“Don’t cry, daddy. I don’t want to see you cry.”

My dad looked down at me with a smile.

“I’m not crying because of sadness, Daniel. I’m crying because of how happy I am to see you.”
My dad broke the embrace.

“Come; let’s have a seat and talk.”

My dad pulled a chair for me and sat down from the other side of the table. I sat down on the chair and began our ‘conversation’.

“So…how have you been, Daniel?”

“…Good.”

“That’s good! How are you doing in school?”

“…Alright.”

My dad gave me a look of worry.

“What’s wrong, D-“

“Why are you here, daddy?”

My dad gave me a look of shock and took a deep breath. He looked at the window above. I looked and there my mom. She nodded her head in acceptance, telling him to tell me the truth.

“Daniel…I’m sick.”

“Sick? What do you mean ‘sick’, daddy? Do you have the flu?”

My dad giggled.

“No, Daniel. That’s not what I mean. I mean I’m sick in the head. I have this disorder where…I have a terrible case of delusions. I haven’t seen any in a long time, which is good. That’s why I left and went here. Your mother and I still love each other to death, but we both decided that it was for the best that I remain here. I won’t be here for that long, though. I get out of here in a few more years. When I get back, we are going to spend a lot of time together. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you, Danny.”

My eyes widened. My mother called me Danny sometimes and the fact that my dad just called me Danny was a shock for me. That proved to me that my dad really did love me. I started crying.

“What’s the-“

“I love you daddy.”

My dad smiled and started crying again.

“I love you too, son.” He said.

He got up again, walked up to me and gave me another tight embrace. I did the same and we cried for ten minutes. Then…it happened. My dad looked up and had an intense look of fear on his face.

“Daddy, what’s wrong?” I asked, starting to get scared.

“…Get him out of here. Daniel, I love you. We’ll see each other soon.” My dad said.

He then grabbed his head and screamed at the top of his lungs. I got scared instantly and went to grab the officer.

“GET HIM OUT OF HERE! I DON’T WANT HIM TO SEE ME LIKE THIS! OH GOD, MY HEAD!” My dad screamed, grabbing his head intensely.

“HELP ME MOMMY! HELP ME!” My dad screamed.

The officer got me out of the room and went back to the room to take care of my father’s fit. I see my mom, kneeling. I ran to my mom and hugged her very tightly. I started crying intensely.

“I know, sweetie. I know.”

I continued to cry all the way home. When we got home, my mom grabbed me, went up to my room and I just cried for the rest of the day. My mom knew what I was feeling; terrified. I have never felt fear like that in all of my life. It was traumatized me to the point where I was silent for the rest of my summer break.


Twilight was tearing up, immensely.

“Oh, Daniel; I’m so sorry that happened to you.”

I hugged her and started to pet her mane.

“I feel sorry for my father. I thought that he was a bad man and left me because he hated me. At least I got to talk to him for that short amount of time. I’m lucky to have even seen him. If my mom didn’t schedule that appointment; I still would have those thoughts and feelings for my father. He was right; it was for a best that he wasn’t there.”
“Don’t say that, Daniel.”

“It’s true. If he was there with that condition untreated; I think I would’ve developed a psychological disorder and that would’ve made me a completely different person, possibly like my father. But, you know, that’s just a theory. He was a good man, though. It’s good that I was able to talk to him for only those few minutes.”

“Yes it was.”

We both laid there for a while; just cuddling with each other and Twilight would giggle with bliss and I would just lie there thinking about the past.

“Hey Daniel?”

“What is it, Twi?”

“Do you think…you want to go out for dinner sometime in Canterlot? It would mean the world to the Princesses. My brother also wanted to talk to you. Like I said; he isn’t happy with you.”

“I know and I’m prepared for a beating, but I don’t care. If it means getting even, then so be it.”

“No, no. He’s not THAT angry. He’s just not amused with what you did. All he wants to do is talk to you about a few things. Cadence also wants to talk to you, but privately.”

Oh god.

“No, Daniel. She doesn’t want to have sex with you or anything. All she wants to do is talk. That’s all; nothing sexual, none of that.”

“…Did you just read my mind?”

“Yep.”

“Do all alicorns have that ability?”

“Yep.”

“Okay then.”

Twilight giggled and continued to cuddle with me. It was really heartwarming.

“So when do you think we’ll go?” I asked curiously.

“They want us to be there tomorrow, so I think you should get your stuff ready.”

“Don’t worry. I will.”

Everything went silent after that. Good. It’s not anything bad; it was just silent, quality time with my Twily. I then looked at her wings and wondering if it really was sensitive. So, I touched it and Twilight yelped in surprise.

“Daniel, don’t do that! My wings are really sensitive!” Twilight said.

“So it really is true, then.”

“What; that the wings of an Alicorn and Pegasus are sensitive?”

“Yeah.”

“Everypony knows that, Daniel.”

“Well, I didn’t.”

“Well, you should’ve known that you silly pants.” Twilight said, poking my nose with her hoof.

“Whatever, egghead.”

“Hey!”

I laughed and kissed her on the forehead.

“…So is your horn sensitive too?”

“…Yes. Don’t touch it, though.”

“Okay, I won’t.”

“I’m getting tied, Danny.”

“It’s like…5:00. 5:00?! Have we really been laying here for that long?”

“Yep.”

“…Whatever. Let’s get some sleep, even though it’s the afternoon.”

“That’s fine with me, sweetie.”

I took off my shirt and pants, turned off the lamp and got under the covers with Twilight. Twilight crashed in a few minutes, still cuddling with me. I just lay there, thinking about things.

I’m not excited for tomorrow, that’s for sure. I’m still kind of nervous that Shining is still going to give me a pounding. It’s not that I’m scared of him or anything. I just don’t like fighting with anypony. And what will Cadence talk to me about? Maybe give me some advice or share some personal things that she possibly went through when she was young? I don’t know, I’m going to have to find out tomorrow after dinner.
And Rarity…man she’s hot.

My eyes then got heavy and I instantly fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry that 4-2 was terribly short. I seriously am sorry about that. I should have made it a hell of a lot longer than that, but oh well, it was still a good chapter. Dirtier than the rest, but it was still a good one in my opinion.

I'm going to be honest, Chapter 2 is probably the best one; very powerful, very sad, and very heartbreaking.

But yeah, anyways, I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. I'm actually having fun typing this again and I don't even know why I dissed it before; this story is very good and I really hope that others will come across this and enjoy it. If you don't like it, that's perfectly okay! It's your opinion and you should stick with it, kind of like me not liking Duck Dynasty...and Capcom.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoyed 4-2. Chapter 5 is definitely going to be another great one...hopefully. It depends on your guys' reaction to it.