• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 2,380 Views, 40 Comments

A Princess's Sadness - FellFour



Not every little girl wants to be a princess...

  • ...
14
 40
 2,380

Prologue (pt. 5-1): Hello Equestria!

A Princess's Sadness
Prologue Part 5-1
Hello Equestria!

I opened my eyes and I saw that I was...in the castle. I looked around and I saw that I was in a bed. It was really comfy, but I still had a few questions. I looked around some more and I saw a piece of paper on the side dresser. I picked it up and looked at it. It was a letter from Celestia.

Hi Daniel.

If you are reading this, then that means you just woke up. We arrived two hours ago. You were still dreaming when we arrived. You must have some questions that are still unanswered. Rest assured, we'll get to that eventually. If you are wondering if you were turned into a pony, no you weren't. Luna and I figured that it would be best if you were still human. It wouldn't be fair to turn you into a pony without your permission.

Anyway, I'm on royal duty right now. I don't have much to do today and I promise that I will get to you as soon as I am done with everything. I should be done by the time you are awake. When you are done reading this letter, meet me in my throne room. You and I have a lot to talk about and I also want to know more about you because we didn't really have that much time to talk when we first met. I really do hope that this decision was a good one because I would feel terrible if this isn't what you really want.
Anyways, you know where to meet me and welcome to Equestria.
-Celestia
P.S: Luna also wants to talk to you, but about other things. She says it's personal and she also says that she'll tell me later about it some time after you two are done talking.

Well this is going to be an interesting day, indeed. I wonder what Luna wants to talk to me about? It doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll be able to handle it.

With that being said, I got up to get dressed. I looked around, again, and I see that my clothes were neatly folded and that my computer was...on a desk. It was plugged in as well.

Okay, that must either be magic or that this room was custom-made. I'm starting to like this already.

I'm just letting you guys know, I never got an answer as to how they did that. Sorry about that...

Anyway, I got dressed and was about to head out the door when I heard a knock on my door. I open it and it was...Derpy.

...God, she's adorable. I thought to myself.

"Hi! Are you Daniel?" she asked me.

"Um...yeah? Are you Derpy?" I asked politely.

She kind of made a face that implies that she's not happy. I didn't know why at first, but then it hit me.

Oh no...

"Did I offend you in anyway because if I did, I'm so sorry."

"...A little bit. I don't really like that name. Call me Ditzy. I like that better." she said, sheepishly.

"Okay, Ditzy. Again, I'm sorry if I offended you."

"It's not your fault. Anyway, I have a letter for you from Twilight Sparkle. She said to get this to you as soon as possible."

...Wait what?

"Interesting. Thank you, Ditzy. Do I need to pay you?" I asked in confusion.

"Nope! Princess Celestia told me to not charge you. Consider yourself lucky, sir." she said.

"...Wow. Thanks again."

"No problem! Well, I best be on my way. Got more mail to deliver. I'll see you around, Daniel!" she said as she was leaving.

"Sounds good! Bye." I respond back.

I close the door and I begin to read the letter.

Dear Daniel,

My name is Twilight Sparkle and the princess informed me of your arrival not too long ago. I can honestly say that this is exciting. I mean, you'll be the first human to walk the face of Equestria! I can't wait to meet you and get to know you! I hope that we can be very good friends and I bet that the rest of my friends will really like you. I told Spike, my assistant about you and he's excited to meet you as well.
Anyway, I just wanted to make this letter short because I know you have a long day today and that you're going to be busy with the princesses. Yeah, Celestia told me in the letter as well. So, I hope to meet you soon and welcome to Equestria.
-Twilight.

This is turning out to be a great day so far. I'm going to be meeting my favorite pony! She interests me and I've wanted to know more about her as well.

Oh. I have to meet Celestia at the throne room. I almost forgot about that.

With that also being said, I head out the door and make my way to the throne room.


As I'm walking through the castle, I can honestly say that it looks amazing, even though I've already seen it on television. I never would have imagined that it would look this beautiful when you're actually there in the castle. As I was making my way to the throne room, I guess I didn't see where I was going and accidentally bumped into some other pony. I look to see who it is and...it's Blueblood.

God dammit, not him.

"Watch where you're going you moron!" he asked irritated.

Okay, be polite. Don't do anything stupid.

"I'm sorry. I guess I didn't see where I was going." I said, sheepishly.

"Yeah. You better be sorry you stupid ape."

...Really?

"That's kind of rude." I said, politely.

"No one cares! Now I'm starting to wonder why my aunt would bring such a piece of trash into this world..." he said, VERY harshly.

"Why are you insulting me? What did I do to you?" I ask.

"Why should I answer any of your stupid questions? It's obvious that no one ever loved you." he said.

"Okay, I don't even know what your problem is, but I got to go meet your aunt at her throne room. I hope by the mean time that you improve on your attitude." I say as I walking away.

This is where he went way over the line.

"Oh yeah and my aunt told me about your little lover, Ashley. She sounds pretty fucking ugly if you ask me and I bet she was just as retarded as you are. I hope you rot in a hole somewhere you stupid ape!" he yelled.

I stopped dead in my tracks. He said that...he actually said that. I saw some guards have shocked looks on their faces and they knew I was pissed. I turned around and Blueblood was still standing there with that stupid smile on his face.

"What did you just say, YOU FUCKING MULE?!" I screamed out.

Blueblood flinched a little bit and started to look a little worried. He still had that smile on his face, though and that's what pissed me off even more.

"You listen to me and you listen to me GOOD." I began, furious. "You don't even know me, okay? Do you even know what I could do to you right now? I would beat your face in and I wouldn't even give a DAMN how hurt you are! However, I'm not going to do that. You wanna know why? It's because you're just a waste of my fucking time. I bet a filly could beat you up and not even try because that's how weak you are. Do you even care about what your aunt thinks? In fact, does she even KNOW what you're doing to other ponies? I bet she doesn't because you probably beat the crap out of them so that they won't talk and that you won't get in trouble!"

Blueblood just stood there dumbfounded.

"Let me ask you something, BLUEBLOOD. Do you beat mares?" I ask.

"N-No!" he said, stuttering.

"You're LYING! You wanna know how I know you're lying? It's because you're stuttering. Is that another problem with you, Blueblood? Do you have a big stuttering problem? If that's the case, than you need to go back to whatever special school you came from so that you actually learn how to talk like a normal pony!"

"...Y-You will regret saying this to me you ape! I-I will tell my aunt on you and she will PUNISH you for your actions against me!" he said with a smile.

"Oh, is that so? Tell me, how are you going to pull that off with those three guards over there as my witness?" I asked him.

He stood there frozen and with a terrified look on his face.

"Yeah. That's exactly what I thought. I'll make sure that the guards and I will tell your aunt about you and that she will punish you for your acts against me and all the other ponies that you insulted, including Rarity."

"W-WHAT?! How did you know about that?" he asked, terrified.

"I didn't. That's another thing I'll be sure to tell your aunt. Do you know how disappointed in you she'll be once she knows about this?" I ask.

"I would be very disappointed, Daniel."

We both turn around to see Princess Celestia with a very disappointed look on her face.

...You're not disappointed in me, are you? I ask her in my thoughts.

"No, I'm not." she began. "I don't blame you at all for reacting that way, Daniel. I mean, if it was me, I wouldn't react that way, but I would still be angry."

We all stood there in silence for a few minutes until Celestia broke the silence.

"Daniel, go to the throne room. I will take care of Blueblood. In the mean time, I want you to calm down and relax so that we can talk."

"...Okay." I simply said.

As I left, I gave Blueblood a big smile like he did to me.

Piece of shit...


The Talk with Celestia

What is taking her so long?"

It seriously felt like an hour since that whole incident between Blueblood and I. I know that she was going to talk to Blueblood, but I didn't think it would be this long. Actually, now that I think about it, that's actually understandable. I mean, she didn't even know what he was doing to other ponies and possibly other mares. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he does beat mares that he dates.

Ugh! How much longer?

"You don't have to wait any longer, Daniel." Celestia suddenly said.

"Finally! What was with the long wait? Was the talk with Blueblood a little longer than you thought it would be or was it intended to be that long?" I asked.

"It was intended to be that long. When I said that I would talk to Blueblood, I meant that. I just can't believe that he did that to all those ponies. I mean, I knew his behavior had to be dealt with, but I didn't know that he has been insulting other ponies. I am just...so disappointed in him." Celestia said.

"Was he always like that?" I asked.

"Of course not. He was a very nice when he was younger. I believe it's just that he was spoiled WAY too much."

"Yeah. That can happen."

"...So have you calmed down, Daniel? I mean, you have a very bad temper." Celestia said.

"Yeah I calmed down and I'm sincerely sorry that you had to see me that way. I didn't want you to see that. I mean, believe me, I hate it when I get that out of control." I said, frustrated.

"It's alright. We have our moments." Celestia said.

It was silent for a few minutes.

"So, you wanted to talk to me about something?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Oh yes. Like I said in the letter, I just want to know more about you." Celestia said.

"...Well okay. What do you want to know?" I ask.

"What are you interested in? What did you want to be?"

"...And you want to know everything?" I ask.

"If you want..." Celestia says.

"...Well." I began. "I'm interested in two things: writing and helping people, basically consoling. I've always been interested in writing because I was a decent writer and I always got an A on every English assignment. So, at first, I thought that was going to be my career. I thought I wanted to be a writer. However, I also enjoyed helping people when they were down and I was always there to help them out. So I thought that was going to be my career, but I already decided that I was going to be a writer. That's when I came to a dead end. I wanted to be two things, but I couldn't decide on one thing because I loved doing both. At first, I thought I loved writing more than helping people, then I thought that I loved helping people more than writing. So, basically, I know what I'm interested in, but I still haven't decided what I want to be."

"Well, did you ever think that you could do both of those things at the same time?" Celestia asked.

"...Actually, I did. However, I immediately pushed the thought out of my mind."

"Why?" she asked.

"That's the thing. I don't know. I guess I was just too stressed out. I don't really know. What do you think I should do?" I asked her.

"I think that you should do both. I mean, you love to write and you love to help people. So why don't you do both at the same time. Well, not exactly 'at the same time', but do both is what I'm saying." Celestia said.

"...Actually, you're right. I still don't know why I didn't think of that years ago."

"So, have you decided?"

"I think I did. Thank you." I said happily.

More awkward silence.

"...So is there anything else you want to know?" I asked.

"Well, I already know about Ashley. Tell me about your mother, if you don't mind. I don't really know that much about her."

"No, it's alright." I began. "Well, my mother was a very nice woman. She was basically my role model. She helped me out with a lot of stuff that I was going through and plus, I had some trouble spelling. So, she helped me out with that as well."

I took a deep breath as I was getting to the bad part.

"...Daniel, if you don't want to tell me any more, we can move on to something else." she said with worry.

"No, no. I think you should know this. It was about sometime after I graduated, I believe, and I get the news that my mother was in the hospital. I started freaking out and, since I didn't have a car, I basically ran all the way to the hospital and let me tell you something, it was a LONG run. It literally took me at least twenty minutes to get there. I was surprised that I wasn't that tired. Yeah, I run a lot. It really came in handy at the moment. Anyway, I arrive at the hospital and I ask the doctor what was wrong. He told me that she had cancer and that they couldn't operate because it was way too serious to do anything. So, basically, my mom was going to die. I knew that she wasn't going to live for that long, so I spent every second with my mother until the day she died. When she died on that hospital bed, it felt like a part of me died inside. She was...all that I had left."

"What about your father? Was he even there?"

"Oh don't even get me started on that asshole." I began. "Let me just say this: he's dead to me. He was never there for me. My mom told me that he left when I was just one month old. ONE MONTH OLD, Celestia! My mom also told me that he was nothing but a drunk. He beat my mother, he cheated on her, and he almost tried to kill me. I'm sure that he's rotting in prison right now. I don't care. I literally could care less about him. I told my mom that if he ever stepped foot on the porch, I would make him regret that he even touched her. I would make him regret leaving me and my mother. So, basically, I didn't think about him at all when I was with my mother. I don't even give the slightest damn about him."

"...I'm so sorry, Daniel." Celestia said with care.

"Don't be! I basically lived on without him. In fact, I don't even think I would be here if it wasn't for him. So, I guess I can thank him for not being there. I mean, if he was there, I would be a completely different person. I would probably be the biggest jerk right now. I don't know what would have happened if he was there. All I know, is that I wouldn't be the person that I am today. So...that's the only thing I thank him for. Other than that, I hate his guts. You have NOTHING to be sorry about, Celestia." I reassured her.

"...Okay. Well, look at that. It's time for Luna to raise the moon." Celestia said, looking out the window.

I look out the window and I see the sun setting.

"Yeah, it is. Have we been talking for that long?" I ask.

"Apparently. Well, I guess I have to go now. Remember, Luna wants to talk to you." Celestia reminded me.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder!"

"No problem, Daniel. Now, I think you should get going. Luna might be waiting for you."

"Okay. I'll see you around, Celestia." I said.

"Bye, Daniel." Celestia said as I was leaving.

I stop dead in my tracks.

"Wait, where do I meet her?" I ask.

"Meet her in your room. Don't worry, she's just there to talk." Celestia said.

"...Alright. See you later!" I said as I left.

As I was running out of the throne room, again, I start to think what will happen when I get there.

I really hope THAT won't happen...because that would be weird...very, VERY weird.

Author's Note:

I will put up 5-2 as soon as I can. I did a lot of typing today and I think I'll take a short break before I start with 5-2. Be patient.

The talk with Luna will be in 5-2.

Yeah, and there you go. Now you know more about Daniel. You're welcome.
Hope you enjoyed!