• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 1,183 Views, 22 Comments

Fluttersized 3: Crusadersized - Barrobroadcaster



After Fluttershy's BIG adventure in Ponyville, Applebloom is busy back on the farm repairing the barn. When it's determined they'll need to build a sturdier barn, Applebloom is sent to the big city to retrieve materials. Big trouble so

  • ...
2
 22
 1,183

Big Trip/Dude, Where's My Sequel?

Applejack and Big Macintosh waited at the station for the train to arrive. Unbeknownst to them, they were not waiting alone.

"So how are we going to ride the train all the way to Neigh York without your brother and sister noticing?" Scootaloo asked, looking out from the bushes the three fillies hid behind.

"Easy... I have no idea." Applebloom said, peeking out herself.

Sweetiebelle quirked an eyebrow. "How do you know it's going to be easy if you have no idea?"

"I don't know. But I know it's gonna be easy." Applebloom said. The train arrived on schedule, a few ponies disembarked but only Applejack and Big Mac boarded. As they did, three stowaways quietly entered the train from the back. This wasn't the first time the three of them had taken an unauthorized and unpaid trip on the rails but it didn't make them any less nervous. Enthusiasm far outweighed fear though; they climbed aboard right after Applebloom's brother and sister.

Scootaloo stopped as they stepped on board the train car. "We're gonna get caught." she said, a slight trill of fear in her voice.

"We'll be fine; it'll be just like when we went to the Crystal Empire." Sweetiebelle said.

"Will both of you shush?" Applebloom said, peeking through the doorway into the passenger's section. The car beyond was empty aside from her brother and sister who were both seated at a bench on the right of the car.

"Follow me." Applebloom instructed. The three fillies crept into the car, trying to making themselves as low as possible to avoid being seen if one of the two happened to look over their shoulder. The train began to move as the three of them hid under one of the benches on the left side of the car behind Big Mac and Applejack.

"Been a while since we we went to the Big Apple, hasn't it brother?" Applejack asked.

"Eeyup." the stallion remarked, his trademark response.

"You know where we're going to find this 'appleluminum' stuff?"

"Nnnope."

"I would assume Aunt and Uncle Orange would know where to find some?"

"Eeeh, probably." Big Mac answered. Applebloom, Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo were just close enough to hear the conversation.

"To be honest, I ain't too keen on coming back here AJ." Big Mac said. His sister looked over to him, surprised. Big Mac was a colt of few words, very few words. The times he didn't reply with a single-word answer she could count on one hoof. Don't ask how, just imagine it being adorable.

"Why's that big brother?" Applejack asked in a cautious but genuinely curious tone.

Big Mac exhaled slowly. "I'm just not fond of crowded cities, everypony in a hurry. Ponies doing ten things at once, not payin attention to where they're going. It's a different town than we're used to."

"I know how it is. I was there for a spell myself. Wasn't too long before I started missin' Sweet Apple Acres. Sure, it's nice... but it ain't home." Applejack said, trying to sympathize.

"You weren't there for as long as I was AJ. Neigh York can change a pony... you can lose yourself real easy." Big Mac said. He looked up as he spoke, going into a mile-long stare. Applejack looked over at him, into his eyes. Was he looking into the past or the future now?

"What do you mean?"

"I've done things I'm not proud of in this city." his gaze dropped as he spoke. "Things I'd rather forget ever happened."

Applebloom squinted her eyes, straining to listen in. Next to her, Sweetiebelle had fallen asleep and was starting to snore softly. A small amount of drool poured from her mouth and pooled on the floor of the train car. The three fillies were so close together, it was impossible for the saliva not to touch one of them. Scootaloo winced in disgust as it touched her front-right leg. Gritting her teeth and gagging, she wiped her leg on Sweetiebelle's coat. The white filly didn't notice and continued to sleep deeply.

"I was young, wanted to make a name for myself, help out the family. Bits were hard to come by, I lived wherever I could, worked wherever I could. Times were tough and it was cold. I got desperate. I... I had to make sacrifices."

"What happened Big Mac?" Applejack asked, her voice filled with compassion and concern.

"It's in the past." he replied, ending the matter. "I've tried to move on, moved back to the farm. But there might be some folks we meet that haven't moved on. Hopefully, this won't take long."

The train car fell silent again. Scootaloo fell asleep herself and soon there were two small drool puddles underneath the bench the three fillies hid beneath. Boredom and the gentle motion of the train might have lulled the other crusaders to sleep but Applebloom stayed awake. What had Big Macintosh been talking about? Applebloom had heard about Neigh York City before. Her cousin Babs Seed had been born and raised there. The city had not been kind to Babs; she'd been bullied in Manehattan because Babs, like Applebloom, Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo had yet to recieve her cutie mark. It wasn't easy being a blank flank and it sounded like being in Neigh York City might be a lot worse. But it was a chance for them all to get their cutie marks, a chance that Applebloom wasn't going to pass up on.

The train slowly pulled into the station at Canterlot to prepare for the long ride up to Neigh York.

Author's Note:

a: Michael, there's a problem.
MH: Whuh, what? What's wrong?
a: The top of the story, that's a "3" not a "2".
MH: What's wrong with that?
a: This is supposed to be Fluttersized 2 not 3.
MH: But I submitted both.
a: Not according to this you didn't!
MH: Well, calm down. We'll just look for the other one. We finished it last night right?
a: Yes...
MH: So it should still be in stories. We'll just take a look.
...
MH: Okay, there's Fluttersized, Fluttersized 3, there's the approval messages... hey! I found it! Fluttersized 2, here we go.
a: What's it say?
MH: Scrolling... scrolling... wait what? "We regret to inform you..."
a: What?
MH: Oh no... it was rejected.
a: But why?
MH: Getting to that now... oh wait no, it was reported.
a: Reported?!! Why?
MH: Calm it down Barro. We'll get to the bottom of this. Scrolling... scrolling... oh my gosh, wow.
a: What?!
MH: Holy crap.
a: What is it?!
MH: Barro, Fluttersized 2: The Greatest Clopfic Ever.
a: Whuh... whuh... what?!
MH: Apparently, it was up for 2 hours and added to 3 groups before it was reported.
a: But... but I don't write clop!
MH: Apparently you do. Apparently you wrote the greatest clopfic ever. It got 15 punillion views.
a: ...wait, punillion?
MH: It's like one of those million or billion puns, just with pun in the front.
a: That's actually kind of clever.
MH: I'm just lazy. It got 15 punillion views, 2 punillion likes... oh gawd Barro.
a: What..?
MH: It got favorable reviews. It literally is the greatest clopfic of all time. It's... it's already been translated into an audio book.
a: All this in 2 hours?!
MH: It's been translated into most known languages already and several unknown languages. There's a Klingon version...
a: How did all of this happen in 2 hours?! How... why?! I don't even write clop! What the buck happened?!
MH: That's not the worst part. It's being made into 3 feature-length movies by 3 different studios.
a: Movies?! Wait, how is that the worst part?
MH: ... They didn't ask me to direct any of them!!!
a: Michael, that's not important! Fluttersized 2 wasn't supposed to be a clopfic! We've got to find out how this happened!
MH: Buck yeah we're going to find out how this happened! How dare somepony try to make a movie off my- I mean, our story and not include me! So... how do we do that?
a: Well, who else knew about Fluttersized 2 before it was submitted?
MH: Well, just you and me... hey, wait a minute. Look at the title.
a: "Fluttersized 2: The Greatest Clopfic Ever"...
MH: Who do we know was talking about writing the world's greatest clopfic?
a: Wait... you don't mean...
MH: Stephen Spielbuck and George Lucolt.
a: You think... you think they were talking about my sequel?
MH: I think we should go ask them.
a: Where are they now?
MH: They're shooting for their new film... in Neigh York City.
a: Then we're going to Neigh York City. We're going to have to take the train.
MH: Can't you just write us a quick way to get there?
a: I think I just did.
MH: Ugh...