• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 4,322 Views, 23 Comments

The Alicorn Test - AwesomeRainbowDash



When each of the mane 6 give up their lives, something extremely unexpected happens.

  • ...
2
 23
 4,322

Magic and Laughter (Prologue)

Twilight yawned, and stretched her legs. She rose from her bed groggily and trotted over to her mirror so she could brush her mane. "Wow!" She exclaimed. "My mane is almost as crazy as Pinkie's today!" A magenta aura surrounded a purple hairbrush, and Twilight stroked her hair with it. Wow, She thought to herself, My mane really is messed up! It's almost like the time when I freaked out over a letter to the Princess! Twilight chuckled.

"Well, I gotta start working on a spell Celestia asked me to learn." The unicorn trotted down the stairs to the library.

"Let's see..." Twilight found and scanned the letter her mentor had given her the previous day. "No, no, not this, where's that spell? Aha!" Twilight exclaimed triumphantly, pointing her hoof at the spell's name.

"Twi... Twilight?! What are you doing?" A baby dragon was perched at the top of the stairs, rubbing it's eyes. "It's the crack of dawn!"

"Spike, you know it is imperative that this spell must be learned by the end of the week!" "Yeah, but could you, you know, get up a little later next time? You were making such a ruckus downstairs I woke up from a wonderful dream where Rari - Uh..." The baby dragon turned red as a beet. "You know, I forgot something at Fluttershy's house... gotta go!"

Twilight heard the door slam and sighed. She walked over to the pile of books Spike had knocked over in his mad escape from the library and magically levitated them.

She was about to turn around when she felt a hoof on her shoulder. Twilight barely managed to contain her scream when,


"SURPRISEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The lavender unicorn almost had a heart attack.

"...Pinkie?"

"Yup, that's me, silly filly!"

Twilight turned around and tried to contain a rage.

"Well, Pinkie Pie, what are you up to?"

"Ohwellthecakeskickedmeoutforacoupledaysbecauseiatetoomanycupcakesandtartsandpiesandsuchandiwaswastingtheirmoneysoyeah!!"

The unicorn stared at the pink earth pony bouncing before her.

"So, Twi! What do ya wanna do now?!"

"What do you mean, what do you want to do now?"

"Ya heard me! Oh, I know! Let's have a funny face competition! Or how about a cute face competition? The people reading this can be the judges! Let's make cupcakes, no, s'mores, no, wait... i got it... LET'S MAKE CUPCAKE S'MORES!!!"

"..."

"Oh, and I forgot to tell ya, I'm moving in for the week! NOW WHERE'S THAT CUPCAKE BOOK?!?!"

Twilight continued to stare, mouth agape. "You... are moving in?"

"Yessiree!"

The unicorn sighed, knowing that Pinkie already won this soon-to-be argument.

"Fine, but on one condition. No parties! Got it?"

"Oki doki loki!"

Pinkie Pie ran over to the baking section of the library, and quickly found a book.

"All righty, let's BAKE THESE BABIES!!!"

"Uh,"

"Add the sugar. GOT IT. Twilight? Do ya have any sugar? And eggs? And icing sugar? And milk an-" "Yes, Pinkamena, I have all the ingredients in the kitchen."

Pinkie zoomed off at speeds Rainbow Dash would be proud of. She returned quite quickly, arms full of ingredients.

Pinkie stirred and whipped, tossed and turned, added ingredients, measured liquids and solids alike, and finally put the batter into a muffin pan.

"Well, that was fas-"OH SWEET CELESTIA I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE MAGIC BAKING POWDER!!!"

Twilight was amazed how Pinkie could realize such things...

"Well, I got some in one of those drawers over there..."

"Oki doki loki!"

Pinkie rushed off, and came back with a yellowish bottle that looked something like this.

Twilight unscrewed the cap, and found nothing in there.

"Oh no..." Pinkie's hair deflated instantly.

"Uh, I'm sorry Pinks..."

Pinkie looked up at the unicorn, tears in her eyes. Suddenly, Pinkie lifted her head and looked at the lavender pony's horn. Horn! The pink ball of fuzz that was Pinkie's hair came back to life.

"Twi, you are a unicorn! And unicorns can do MAGIC!" Pinkie waved a hoof at the Magic Baking Powder.

"Uh, I don't know, Pinkie." "Pretty please with a cherry on top?!"

Twilight sighed. "Look, Pie, I'll do it, but first I need to practice my spell the Princess told me to learn."

Twilight trotted over to her desk, reviewing the spell Celestia had told her to learn. All right, she said to herself, It's a simple, growth spell. Nothing to it. Wait, GROWTH spell? Twilight looked at Pinkie, who was whimpering and staring at the batter-y cupcakes.

"Pinkie Pie, I have a spell that could help your problem!", Twilight said triumphantly.

"Really?! Let's try it super-duper fast, then! These cupcakes are getting cold! And EVERYPONY knows that the readers don't like cold cupcakes!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"Huh? Uh, OK, then? Whatever." Twilight shook her head in confusion.

"LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!"

"Pinkie Pie, you are so random. Well, anyways, here we go!" Twilight's horn glowed a magenta colour, and sweat was pouring down her face. "You OK Twi?" "Yea...Yeah. I'm fine." A few white sparkles erupted from her horn, and each placed itself onto a cupcake.

The magic stopped, and Twilight collapsed onto the ground. "Well, I never thought it was going to be THAT hard!", she chuckled half-heartedly.

Pinkie grinned, then added, "LETS PUT THESE BABIES IN THE OVEN!!!"

The pink earth pony slid the tray into the pre-heated oven, and pushed the "bake" button.

Pinkie sat on her haunches, staring at the oven.

"Uh, Pinkie?" "Yesseriee?" "Let's do something while we wait." "Oki doki loki!"

Pinkie Pie trotted up to Twi, and put on a silly face. "Now show me your best face!" She giggled.

"Well..." Twilight pulled back her eyelids and lolled out her tongue. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Pinkie fell over, laughing.

"Wait, Pinkie, what's that smell?"

"Silly Twilight, you know it wasn't me!" The pink one giggled.

The lavender unicorn rolled her eyes. "No, not that kind of smell."

"I'll go check on it then, Twi!"

Pinkie bounced over to the kitchen, and immediately stopped in her tracks. A dozen, monster cupcakes were rolling around on the floor. And if that wasn't the worst of it, then the flames were. Fire, engulfing the oven, walls and cupcakes alike, was spreading very quickly. Pinkie took a deep breath, but only to breathe in smoke. "HELP!!!!" She screamed.

A moment later, Twilight teleported right into the flames, and screamed. She ran out, her mane and tail on fire. Her horn was sizzling, but that didn't stop her from using a water spell that estinguished most of the flames on her body.

Pinkie ran over to help her, but met a cloud of smoke.

"Ack!"

Twilight collapsed, unable to take the intense heat. But before she was ready to give in, she spied the fire dancing, making it's way into the streets of Ponyville.

"NO!" Twilight screamed, and her eyes became pure white light. A powerful jet of water from her horn destroyed the fire, but the smoke still lingered.

Twilight fell once again, and this time did not get up.
"Twilight? -cough- You awake? -cough- Don't go away, Twi, -cough-!"

Pinkie sat on her haunches and embraced her deceased friend. "You know, -cough- did I -cough- ever tell you the -cough- story of how I got my -cough- cutie mark? Well, when I was a little filly, -cough- I had two sisters. -cough- We worked on a rock farm with our parents. -cough- Can you imagine that, Twi? Me, -cough- working on a rock farm!" The pink pony chuckled. "And you know what? One -cough- day, I was harvesting the rocks on the -cough- south -cough- field, when I saw a -cough- beautiful rainbow! -cough-"

Pinkie pie continued to tell this story until the smoke overcame her lungs. As the deadly gas consumed her she smiled and sang a bit of a song her Granny Pie used to sing. "Giggle -cough- at -cough- the gho-cough-sties..."

And then Pinkie closed her eyes for what she thought was the last time.

******************
Pinkie Pie woke up with a start.

She had a terrible nightmare - a nightmare involving monster cupcakes and fire. Lots and lots of fire.

The pink pony stood up and took a look at her surroundings.

She was in a blindingly white room, and she looked up to see a pure white alicorn, with a reddish mane and a golden laurel wreath resting apon her graceful head.

"Pinkamena Diane Pie?"

Pinkie gasped ever so slightly and nodded. The alicorn smiled and looked behind Pinkie.

"My name is Queen Faust, mother of Celestia and Luna. I am the Guardian of Equestria. And you," She said, "Are Pinkamena Diane 'Pinkie' Pie. The Element of Laughter, am I right?"

"Uh huh, Queen Faust!"

The alicorn grinned, then looked behind Pinkie.

"Oh look, your friend is waking up!"

Pinkie turned around and saw Twilight sprawled on the ground. Her head was stirring!

"Uhhuuh..." Was all the unicorn managed to say before she was attacked by a pouncing Pie.

"TWILIGHTYOURALIVEYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYWESHOULDHAVEAPARTYWITHCAKEANDBALLONSANDCUPCAKES!!!!"

Twilight looked up at the pink pony and, of course, the alicorn.

"Who... Where... Who are you and what am I doing here?" the unicorn cried.

"Yeah, Queenie! Where are we? And where are our friends?" Pinkie exclaimed.

"You will find out soon enough, my little ponies. And now, we wait for your friends."