• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 1,611 Views, 36 Comments

Equestria, What kinda World is that? - Nater-Grey



A story, Where one mis-delievered letter leads to a most promiceing reply.

  • ...
6
 36
 1,611

Sir Nathaniel what?

Somewhere in the vast Expanse of the Multi-verse.

"Sir, the number.. of these things... Our sensors CANNOT Read them all. Its like every last known living soul is coming down upon us!" Screamed the Soldier in pure terror. "This is it son. Today, The great and proud world of Galamora, Will fall to these... Monsters. Quickly all of you. Go home. Spend your last day with your family, and pray. Pray what ever lies in the afterlife, Will forgive us for the sins we have committed to this universe." With that, The soldiers nodded, leaving their General, to his last request. "The Gods have mercy on us." Was the last words before a earth and spine shattering *BANG* was heard from the room, that echoed through out the world, and left every last person breathless as "They" came.




Back on Equestria

Celestia, completely unlike her self came over to Nathaniel and hugged him quickly, as if he was one of her own. He was very confused, but seeing as she did such a out of character thing, gently hugged the Glorious White Alicorn in return. "What brings you back here in such a short time?" He rubbed his head. "Twilight requested my help and I came. But upon coming here, i must have done something wrong, because she's..." He trailed off not really sure how to explain it. Celestia and Luna looked at each other confused... Problem? Celestia invited Nathan inside, who took a seat with her and her sister. "Well, i can not really explain what it is that is bugging her and myself, but... i can not remember what it is that i have done here. I barely remember anything. " Celestia suddenly had to hold back herself. "You mean, you do not remember what you did, 7 years ago, that made even myself... Unable to ever thank you enough?" He took a moment and with a sad head nodded... "I.. do not." Celestia was visually sad, and Luna was speechless! Never has Celestia been... so sad so quickly over something. This was indeed beyond weird. She spoke up quickly, "What was it sister that he did for you that would merit such a emotion, and love?" She looked into her fireplace, and then spoke gently...

7 Years ago.

Celestia started, "Back before you returned Luna, my pupil "Twilight Sparkle" had so much potential, but lacked something that constantly held her back. Friendship. I had hopped that having some one to be friends with, who shared her love for reading, magic and learning would help her open up and explore herself beyond just the logical facts." She took a moment, painting a picture for both to see. "When that opportunity had knocked right on my front door. A young human, no more then Seventeen years of age suddenly appeared in my throne room, lost tattered and distraught. My guards nearly killed the boy in sheer surprise had i not jumped in and stopped them. They swore up and down that he not be given the chance to do anything and to take him to the dungeons quickly to find out why and how he arrived here." She smiled, a young Nathan sat upon the ground still confused and lost. "No, off with you all. I wish to speak with him alone." She spoke, and the guard reluctantly obeyed. After the guards had left, celestia took a step back and allowed the Young man a chance to gather himself. "So Young Human, What brings you to my Palace?"

Nathan introduced himself, "I am the Aspiring wizard Nathaniel, your highness." He was still confused out of his mind what and where he was. A glorious looking White Pony stood before him, her Bright vibrant Mane flowed gently as she looked him up and down. "Wizard, hmm. You use magic?" He nodded. "Y-yes Mam, i ... was learning how to Teleport between world, when something went wrong... i ended up on this desolate place.. filled with these.. horrid.. monsters.. i did not know what to do, so i just... ran and then one of them jumped me... they had me pinned to the ground, slowly.. and playfully tearing at my flesh... it hurt.. so with all my life and effort, i just wished to go to somewhere safe... and what felt like a age of pain.. i ended here." He said with a tearful eye, still holding his arm. Celestia was most intrigued. She had read in some of the ancient of lore, that other beings existed in this universe, but a human she never thought one would grace her company. She had felt sorry for him, a ordeal like that sounded most dreadful, but he had a fire inside him, even in the face of death and danger, he seemed to be willing to fight to the end... A most promising ideal. She approached him, and with her horn gently touched his head. Before his eyes, her horn glowed a glorious Golden blue color above him, but that was not what amazed him. His clothing, his skin, his wounds. They undid themselves. His blood disappeared, his skin closed up and healed perfectly, his robes tattered and shredded re-mended themselves. His body stopped aching and the pain, just vanished. He stood before her in a blink of an eye, renewed, fixed and full of life.

Stepping back, she saw a look of pure wonder on the young boys face. One of many emotions. What threw her off guard, was when he gently hugged her. He... Hugged me? One usually dose not just do something so sudden in the grace of royalty, but... he just did it without a second thought. He hugged her for what seemed hours, and after a few seconds, released his grip from her and stepped back. "Thank you. so much." Something, something hard hit her. It felt like a freight train just slammed into the front of her at hundred miles and hour. No pony, ever before gave her such... a thank you like that before. She knew when she helped someone they were thankful, but this boy. He had stopped her cold. He did not thank her because she did it. He thanked her because... She did not know. Those words, meant so much she could not figure out why. He sounded as if he would have bared the pain if it meant he lived. He did not want to be healed, he just wanted to be alive.

He looked at her, the stunned look in her eyes, kinda scared him.. "Did.. i do something wrong?" She snapped back into reality and shook her head. "No no... Nothing you did was Wrong Young one." She smiled, a most wonderful smile. "Come with me, i would like you to meet someone that I know will love to meet you." Today Twilight was in her library, reading her books. And this surprise was going to knock her hooves off.

Present time

Luna was dumbfounded at the actions of this young man. "He just hugged you like that?" She nodded. "It, was. unlike any i had ever received. Like a gift you want so badly, but never got, till one day out of the blue. Someone gives you this gift, you so ever wanted, and had almost completely forgotten." Nathaniel studied the memory she shared. It was him. A young him, but it was him. He remembered the world that he returned to later, and the monsters he fought there... the horrid creatures that haunted his dreams for so many years. But why could he not remember anything after the escape he made. Celestia watched Nathan, and picked up immediately, what the problem was. "Your memory... it is shattered. That is why you cannot recall the events of that day." Nodding he held a sad face, as much as he tried, nothing would come. "I, cannot." Luna was watching the magical picture Celestia had painted, at the point where he had given her a hug, not in repayment, but a hug that spoke as if they had been friends since the beginning of days, and finally found each other again. That hug had more words then she could speak in one lifetime. She formulated a plan... She knew there was something she could do that would help him, but what... Suddenly she remembered! Without even a second thought and excited to help and show her sister that she was more then capable of it. "Sister! I know what it is we can do. We can unlock that which was stolen, and taken from he who is lost." Celestia looked at her questionably "You speak of the "Mind meld"? That spell has not been used and was only a theory... one no Pony unicorn and Alicorn alike has ever attempted alone." Luna nodded. "aye, but alone we would not be. I speak of both of us, combining our magical power to help him recover what he has lost. Together i know we could attempt such a spell, and unlock those memories that lie in darkness." Celestia contemplated this idea. She read books, where such unicorns had tried to use a spell like that, and it ended with them losing everything they were, taken over by some dark and insane thing, driving them to utter madness.

She owed him something that could never be repaid for the actions he did. Luna was also correct. together, they may be able to complete this spell, recover his memories and escape without succumbing to the black and dark insanity that riddled so many other failed attempts. "Then i will help you, if it is something he wishes to undergo. " Nathaniel thought over what he saw before him, and the idea they had given. The more he heard about the past... the more he wanted to know. Even if it may have been miniscule, or glorious beyond words. He needed to know what it was he did. "Alright." he spoke not a word more. The three proceeded to a room, hidden from all prying eyes, and began the unaccomplished "Mind Meld"

Celestia and Luna stood on both sides of Nathaniel, their horns glowed with magic. They looked to each other, trusting their lives in each others hands. "Let us commence." And with that, their horns met in the center of Nathaniel's forehead, plunging the three into a swirling vortex of darkness.

---------------------------------------------

The Human mind. A place of Mystery, wonderment and immense vastness. The Human mind is said to be the marvel that rocks the foundation of everything that humans are. Without this unprecedented and miracle of time, We who are many, would be nothing that we are today. The Human mind is a expanse of striving, free thinking and unrestricted Dreaming. This tool, given to the most primitive and lost race of Being's, Allowed them to create a world of marvelous wonder and grand technology. This allowed them to go from nothing, and end with everything. This was the tool that separated them from all others, and this allowed them to be like no other.

Their brain is the strongest of all, but the secrets to how, and why. Are all lost to time. Humans grew cocky, and stupid. They abused what they had, and as punishment for their insolence, Lost their way. As they continued to expand, sucking the life off the planet they lived, they were destroying that which kept them alive. They called her Mother Nature, and as much as she tried to heal herself, humans continued to snuff her out. They abused her, took her for granted, and when. All had come to a end, and nothing was left for them, is when they finally realized.

They had killed the mother who took care of them.
They killed her, the most gorgeous and wonderful thing that kept
them alive over thousands of years. That which was always there
no matter how much they hurt her, and destroyed her, she always
came back to help her children. It was because of their stupidity, that
now they no longer had her. They killed her, and as she laid on her death bed,
the one the humans had created, she granted them, one last thing.
A gift given to those who slaughtered her, she gave them out of the
selflessness of her heart, she gave them "Hope" Leaving behind one last untouched world
Should they ever seek redemption, they would find and help no matter the cost,
no matter the hardship, the troubles, the pain, the agony. They were to help this world.

In her dyeing breath, she gave them
Equestria.