• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 833 Views, 41 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War | Dark March - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
3
 41
 833

The Purge of Discord

In a foul shrine in the Sombrio Peninsula, lost souls summoned the Dark Apostle Skarsend to Cronus. There, the Word Breakers raised their black temples and launched their assault on the world. Warp magic split the earth with abyssal fissures, and remade the lush jungles into a nightmare hellscape pulsing with ruinous energies.

A master demagogue, Skarsend made an advantage of the fractious nature of those bent to Discord. Instead of relying on a unified defense, he allowed his Champions and Cult Leaders to establish their own satellite temples where they could pursue their own dark rituals. Any attacker who hoped to defeat the Word Breakers would have to run a bloody gauntlet of heretics, including some of the Legion's most veteran Discord Pony Marines.

Indeed, killing the heretics on Cronus was pointless so long as the great Warp Portal in Skarsend's bastion remained open. The dark spells of the Unicorns Bonelor and Darcon maintained this massive rend in the fabric of creation, granting Skarsend endless reinforcements.

So long as the Sombrio Portal remained open, there could be no victory on Cronus.