• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 2,770 Views, 177 Comments

Diamonds and Butterflies - Princess Glitzy



Rarity has considered Fluttershy to be a close sister... until she starts seeing this 'sister' as a sexy mare.

  • ...
37
 177
 2,770

It's Not What It Looks Like!

(Just in case you didn't read the last chapter or you forgot what happened, Rarity was kissed by Blues in the last chapter)

Fluttershy danced around her little home. She had the best fillyfriend ever and she really, really liked her. She couldn't help, but just be happy constantly. Fluttershy hadn't even gotten scared for a whole month now that she had Rarity! The exception of course is that suspicious noise in bushes that she kind of freaked out at.

I feel like doing something fun! She was so happy that she needed to do something exciting. The best pony to ask was Pinkie Pie, but she felt like she wanted to do something fun, not dangerous. Fluttershy looked at her animals. They're fun! She saw one of them chasing its bushy tail. Maybe a different kind of fun would be better. She got up and walked outside. The sun was bright in her eyes and the slight wind flowed through her mane.

"I love this kind of weather." She flew into the air and spread her wings out. The feel of the wind on her wings gave her peace. She felt like she was flying at 10.0 wing power when the wind rustled her feathers. Fluttershy slowly flew back down and then without really knowing where she was going, she began to take a walk.

While walking, her mind drifted off to Rarity. She thought about Rarity's hugs, the smell of her mane, the way she walked with such confidence, but she mostly thought about how Rarity's love brought her joy and gave her strength. She tripped over a rock, thus ending her Rarishy thoughts. Fluttershy looked up and saw a beautiful pond. The way the light hit it, it looks like one of the diamonds on Rarity's cutie mark.

Without thinking she jumped into the water. It was out of character for her, but a pond that has something like Rarity is like the best thing ever! Second to Rarity herself of course.

"It feels really... nice." She got further into the water. It was so crystal clear that she could see her hooves in the water perfectly. She swam softly, not wanting to cause huge waves and startle anypony or animal that might happen to walk by. It was awesome in the water, but she couldn't help, but feel that it would be better if Rarity were there.

No naughty Fluttershy. I mean it would be nice if she were to come into the water with me. We could kiss and snuggle. She looks so pretty when she's wet. Wait, no! I can't do that! ...I do hang out with her in the spa bath every week though. She decided that she needed to see her Rarity. The water was great, but she missed her fillyfriend.

She flew up out of the water, but it was a hard task due to the fact that her wings were still wet. Fluttershy shook herself dry and then flew back to her cottage quickly. She had a great idea of what to do with Rarity.

Fluttershy flew into her garden and picked the prettiest flowers that she could find. She put them in a fancy basket with a stuffed animal, some expensive perfume and a special poem that she had written. She walked into her bathroom and brushed her mane. "This will be fun. Yay!"

Fluttershy ran out the door and then flew as fast as she could towards Carousel Boutique. She enjoyed looking at the trees while she flew. She wasn't that fast so at full speed, she could still enjoy the view. When she wasn't that far away from the boutique she stopped flying and began galloping. Her heart was pounding fast because of both the running and knowing that she would see Rarity.

She walked up to the boutique and was about to open the door when she saw something in the window out of the corner of her eye. She stepped back and looked in the window. What she saw made her stop short. Fluttershy dropped the basket and fell down in a ball. She cried hysterically. S- She was kissing somepony else! She cheated on me with, with... a STALLION! Does she even care about me?! Did she use me to get him?!

Fluttershy got up to look at them again. She didn't notice that Rarity wasn't kissing back or that she wasn't holding him like she holds her. She only noticed that her fillyfriend no longer liked her and that broke her heart. She opened the door and looked at Rarity. It was a look of despair, sadness and extreme anger.

Rarity shoved him as hard as she could and he fell. "Fluttershy! I- It's not what it looks like!"

"YOU WERE KISSING SOMEPONY ELSE!"

"Well, maybe it is what it looks like, but he kissed me!"

"SAME THING!"

"Darling, I'm so sorry." Fluttershy shot her a look.

"You sicken me... darling." And with that she flew away. No intention of coming back. She didn't want to hear Rarity. She didn't want to see Rarity. Fluttershy let her shield melt away. She began crying again. She needed a friend, somepony that she could tell anything to. That was Rarity... or at least she used to be. Fluttershy spied a large cloud home. Rainbow Dash.

She flew into Rainbow Dash's home and fell on the floor crying. What's that noise? Rainbow got up and walked over to the hallway. What she saw was a crying mare.


"You sicken me... darling." Rarity ran after Fluttershy, but she flew away too fast. She walked over to Blues with eyes full of fury. She was madder than she was at Prince Blueblood.

"YOU ARE A VILE PONY! YOU FORCE ME TO KISS YOU, YOU BREAK FLUTTERSHY'S HEART... AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF YOU COMPLETELY DESTROY MY LOVE LIFE AND HAPPINESS! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF YOU A-HOLE?!"

"I didn't know that you were seeing anypony. I also didn't know that you are a lesbian."

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EVEN WALK THIS EARTH, YOU SCUM!"

"Isn't that a little unfair?"

"UNFAIR?! UNFAIR?! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT'S UNFAIR!" She grabbed him with her magic and threw him against the wall. She then walked up to him and kicked him in the :)

She walked out the door and saw the basket. She picked up the poem and read it.

You are radiant and kind

I can't get you out of my mind

Someponies say that you have a bad attitude

I just think that they are rude

You bring joy to my heart

I never want us to be apart

I really like you

Hopefully you really like me too

This brought tears to Rarity's eyes. "I must find her. I MUST!" She ran off to go find Fluttershy.


"Fluttershy is that you?"

"Y- yes..."

"Is everything alright?"

"Rarity... unthinkable... sadness."

"What?"

"Rarity was kissing somepony else."

"WHO?!"

"Blues, a stallion."

"I'M GOING TO KILL HER! YOU MAY HAVE BROKEN MY HEART, BUT SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO AND BREAK YOURS!" Fluttershy walked slowly over to Rainbow Dash and hugged her.

"I- I just want to forget about it. Please don't drag out my suffering. I just want to be here with you." Rainbow Dash calmed down a little bit and let the warmth of Fluttershy's embrace keep her happy.

"I love you." Fluttershy looked at Rainbow.

"It's too soon, Dashie." The two of them stood there in silence.


"Where could Fluttershy be?" Rarity ran around Ponyville trying to find her possible ex fillyfriend. She had already checked Fluttershy's cottage, the market and had even asked Twilight. Twilight wasn't sure what she thought about the situation. A chance to date Rarity or try to make them get back together.

Rarity thought hard. Where would a shy mare go to find peace and talk to somepony? Suddenly it dawned on her. "Rainbow Dash's home in Cloudsdale!"

She teleported to Rainbow's house. This was probably her last chance to find her.


Fluttershy was lying on the couch thinking about what would happen between her and Rarity. Will we ever speak to each other again? Are we still friends? If we aren't then how would this affect the elements of harmony? Friendship powers don't work without friendship.

Suddenly, something bursted through the door. "Ahhh!"

"Sorry darling, I didn't mean to startle you. I know that you hate that."

"Rarity, I don't want to see you right now."

"But Flutters-" She was interrupted by Rainbow Dash

"She said that she doesn't want to see you."

"You can't gang up on me! I have done nothing wrong!"

"You broke my heart." "You stole the love of my life."

"I was forced to kiss Blues. He just kissed me and I couldn't pull away from him. Also, I read your poem, it's beautiful," Rarity looked at the two very upset mares.

"Fluttershy, I really like you. I can't lose you. You are my one and only fillyfriend. That stallion is nothing. You mean the world to me. I understand if you hate me or you'd rather be with Rainbow Dash. I just want you to be happy." Rarity turned around and began walking to the door.

"WAIT!" Rarity spun back around.

"I can forgive you Rarity. It's not over between us, but if you EVER touch anypony else I will be forced to kill you." Rarity smiled and ran up to Fluttershy. She kissed her deeply and lovingly.

"Oh, Fluttershy. I was afraid that I might lose you."

"I'll always be by your side." Fluttershy smiled and then turned to Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash, you need to know that I will always stick by your side, too." Rainbow Dash smiled and then the three mares joined in a group hug.

Fluttershy and Rarity said goodbye and then walked out the door. "So, Fluttershy, do I get to keep the gifts?" Fluttershy nodded.

They walked side by side. It had definitely been an... eventful day.

Author's Note:

"I can forgive you Rarity. It's not over between us, but if you EVER touch anypony else I will be forced to kill you." That was a joke by the way.