• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 656 Views, 8 Comments

Black Harmony - dissidant1



Equestria has been taken. The ponies have all changed. The Elements have failed.....or have they?

  • ...
8
 8
 656

Chapter 3

“Pinkie, I love you.”

“Oh Dashie, I’m so happy but… what about Fluttershy?”

“She understands. She knows I love her but you are the one I want to be with.”

“Dashie, this is the best of my life.”

Rainbow’s prismatic mane stood shimmering in the light that seemed to come from everywhere at once. Her armor was replaced with a simple silk dress and her wings were outstretched to their full span. It was as if she were an angel sent from some distant paradise. A shining force that existed simply so that I would know everything was okay.

But something was wrong.

That brilliant light suddenly became pitch black as had Rainbow’s dress. I saw tears streaming from her beautiful roslyn eyes and her mouth was contorted in the most painful way imaginable.

“Is she… screaming!?”

A sickening crack rang out through the nothingness as I saw Rainbow’s wings fall to the ground, sprays of crimson covering every inch of my mind and body.

__________________________________________________________

"NOOOOOOOO!!!"

“Pinkie! Its okay. Everything is okay, you are safe.”
I felt strong arms around me, yet the hands seemed something wholly different as they gently stroked my mane. I felt surreal to me, that she could be here and be so hurt, but her smell was unmistakable. Like fresh rain.

“Dashie, I’m so sorr-“

“Stop it. You don’t say another word. I don’t want anyone feeling sorry for me.”

“Its true. She is so stubborn sometimes,” Fluttershy’s voice came from somewhere else in the room.

“I remember… Dashie, what happened?”

Her eyes lowered toward Fluttershy who had turned away, “ ‘Shy was…”

“Pinkie Pie!” a familiar southern voice boomed into the room. Applejack’s imposing figure came into view, Rarity following shortly after, “It’s been a real miracle finding you.”

“Pinkie dear, we don’t want to overwhelm you.”

“No no, I’m okay. I just… found out about a lot at one time.”

“Ah’m sorry we ever gave up lookin’ for ya sugarcube,” Applejack said with tears in her eyes. I remember back to the old days in Ponyville. AJ had never been a small pony, but she was surprisingly petite considering how hard she worked on the farm. With the way we had become, it was easy to see how toned she really was. Rarity wasn’t at all how I expected her to be. She was always the very pinnacle of beauty and grace, which in a way, she still was. I expected a soft, sinewy figure, but she was almost as toned as Applejack. Clearly she made a conscious effort to keep her figure as feminine as possible, but her muscles did not lie.

“I heard Twilight’s voice earlier. Where is she now?”

“Actually dear, something urgent came up. Everything's likely calmed down now. We should go see her.”
_______________________________________________________

The walk through the settlement was filled with excitement and wonder as I gazed at the modest buildings surrounded by other ponies enamored with the hustle and bustle of their everyday lives. Applejack took notice of my wandering eyes, “Its somethin’ isn’t it?”

“It is. How’s something like this possible… with what’s out there?”

“It was all because of the princess. Anypony else would just collapse if their sister died the way Celestia did,” a brief sadness crept into her face and disappeared just as quickly, “but Luna took command of the situation. She kept us all together and created this safe place for us. It must be so hard for her to keep going, but without her we’d be nowhere.”

“I see.”

“But it ain’t just as simple as all that. We all have a part to play in keeping this place runnin’ and fightin’ the war. I, fer example, organize the caravans and take care of our provisions. And Rarity’s forge is where all the weapons and armor for the soldiers are made. Not to mention she can make some damn sexy outfits that would make even the most flamboyant sea serpent steal a few looks,” she said, a deep blush filling her cheeks as she looked ahead at Rarity, not even trying to hide the fact that her eyes were glued to Rarity’s impressive rear end.

“So you two…”

“Well ah guess the cat’s outta the bag. Yeah, we’ve been together a couple years now. She helped me through some pretty rough times and one thing kinda led to another.”

“I never expected that you two…”

“Ah know!? Me n’ Rarity, straight as arrows, all of a sudden windin’ up in the sack together. But ah guess ya can’t help who ya fall in love with.”

I looked forward to Rainbow and Fluttershy who had gotten pretty far ahead. They leaned into each other. I can only assume the topic of their discussion was me. They seemed to be arguing but even so, their fingers remained perfectly entwined.

“Ah yeah. Those two have been together a might longer than me ‘n Rares. I remember way back when they first came out to us. Rainbow was havin’ so much success at the academy, Fluttershy was considerin’ opening a full veterinary practice, Ah guess Twilight becoming a princess lit a fire under their keysters to quit playin’ around with their feelings.”

“I remember…” It was one of the happiest occasions we could ever ask for, celebrating two ponies’ love for each other, yet I cried myself to sleep that night.

“Can I ask what happened to bring you and Rarity together?”

“Oh… no. Not right now. It’s tough to talk about it, but we’ll have a sit down later.”

“Okay AJ.”
_______________________________________________________

We were reaching the innermost portion of the settlement. The ponies I saw were becoming less and less the everyday citizen type and more and more the tradesponies, the officials, and the military personnel. The building we came to was slightly larger than the rest but it was still very modest.

“Well, here we are. The new Canterlot Castle,” Rarity deadpanned as the doors opened up to reveal several very busy ponies running all around.

“ENOUGH! I want everypony to calm down this instant!” a familiar voice rang out over the bustle of the crowd, “The princess is going to be fine. The nurse is in with her, everything is fine.”

“But Princess Luna-”

“No buts. I need everypony to leave. Everything will be fine, I promise.”

All the onlookers nodded in understanding and the room cleared in a matter of moments. I finally got a full view of the princess of the night. Her once violet mane, now interwoven with shades of blue and silver, perfectly complemented her violet coat. The black space surrounding her crescent moon cutie mark seemed to shine through the small openings on her beautiful silk gown.

“Pinkie Pie… you have no idea how much joy it brings me to know that you are still with us.”

“I’m glad I’ve made it home.”

“Yes, we have much to talk about. I must tell you of the state of things and you must tell me of your state, but first things first. Twilight is waiting just in the next room.”

I didn’t take much after before I was moving past all of my friends toward the open door. The first thing I saw was a stallion I did not know standing at the foot of the bed. He had a cream colored coat and a multi-hued blue mane and judging from his armor, he had some position in the military. Further in I saw the familiar face of Nurse Redheart holding a stethoscope to a purple mare’s chest.

“Twilight? It’s me.”

“Pinkie Pie!” she nearly knocked Nurse Redheart off her hooves as she turned, “I’m so sorry I couldn’t see you yesterday. All the excitement kind of got to me, but I’m okay now.”

She started to get up but seemed to have trouble with it as the stallion rushed to her side.

“Twilight, don’t overdo it,” he said, the concern clear in his voice.

“I’m fine Flash. Stop worrying.”

She came into full view and I finally saw the reason for all the panic. Twilight was pregnant.

Author's Note:

New chapter, yaaaaayyyy!!! Also, keep an eye on my blog as I'm planning on reviewing every arc/micro in the MLP comic series... if you're interested anyway.