• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 654 Views, 8 Comments

Black Harmony - dissidant1



Equestria has been taken. The ponies have all changed. The Elements have failed.....or have they?

  • ...
8
 8
 654

Chapter 2

I felt her arms wrapped around me. It seemed that all the warmth in the world had gone away to some far away land that no one had ever seen before, a land that still knew how to smile, yet here it was. I felt it so keenly through her. She was so much stronger than she was before; it was easy to see how the years had shaped her into an elegant and savage fighter.

But… I felt a wetness on my shoulder. There were soft whimpers coming from the mare holding me.

“We thought you were dead. We… we buried you Pinkie Pie. We all looked for you for so long, but we lost hope of ever finding you. But you’re here now. You’re okay.”

“Fluttershy… are you sure I am even me? I’ve tried convincing myself for all these years that I died all those years ago with Celestia.”

“No Pinkie, you are one of a kind. Let’s go home and the others will see it too.”

“The others? They’re alive too!?”

“You’ll see.”

With that she turned back toward the battlefield to address her troops, never once taking her arms from around my shoulders.

“Attention Alpha Squadron! Take the captives you have liberated and bring them back to base with us. They will undergo rehabilitation as needed and you will be appointed as surrogate guardian should their mental state require such. Understood!?”

“Yes Captain Fluttershy!” they shouted back as they began to take off back to wherever they came from, each with another pony in tow.
Suddenly, I felt my hooves leave the ground as I looked down and saw it getting smaller and smaller at a speed that made Rainbow Dash look slow.

“Wow Fluttershy! Your flying sure has improved.”

“Well, necessity dictated it. Plus Dashie taught me a few things,” she said as a shallow blush crept into her cheeks.

“…Dashie? I’m gonna get to see Dashie again?”

“Of course. She’s waiting for us.”

Words cannot describe the overwhelming happiness I felt at that moment. No matter how much pain and suffering I’d endured, no matter how many feelings I tried to cut from my heart over the years, my love for those deep rose-colored eyes was something that would never leave. I’d never been more grateful for anything in my life.
______________________________________________________________________

The brutal wind kept whipping violently past us. I could barely open my eyes for most of the flight but when I finally managed I saw what looked like a small settlement off in the distance.

“Is that where we’re going!?” I shouted, barely audible over the wind.

“Uh-huh, that is New Canterlot. I know it doesn’t look like much right now, but it’s safe and we make do.”

I didn’t care what it looked like. All I cared about was seeing everypony again. Especially Dashie…

I felt the wind around me slow as we descended to the front gate, which was encased in an immensely powerful magic shield.

“First Captain Fluttershy reporting back from assignment.”

“Yes Ma’am!” the guardpony shouted as he gave some sort of signal and the shield produced an opening for us and the rest of the squad.

I could not believe what I saw inside that gate. It was like I was back in Ponyville again. Everyone was going about their business, little fillies and colts were running and playing, and the most amazing thing I had seen in eight years: they were actually smiling! It was as if the world outside did not exist. I could not comprehend how everyone could be so content and happy while Fluttershy and others were out fighting a war, or ponies like me were enslaved and brutalized.

“It’s wonderful isn’t it?” Fluttershy said, surprising me.

“Fluttershy…it’s a little too much right away. Can we go to your place?”

“Oh…I’m sorry. I should have expected you wouldn’t be ready for this quite yet. We’re actually right in front of my house.”

I looked ahead and saw a modest shack reminiscent of Fluttershy’s cottage in Ponyville.

“Please go in and make yourself at home. I’ll go and get the others. I know everyone is going to be so very, very happy to know you’re still here. Oh, and about Dashie, there’s something you should know-“

“Captain Fluttershy, Commander Dash requests your report immediately,” a tall, blue-maned guardpony appeared in the distance.

“Oh Dashie, always about speed. I’ll be back soon Pinkie. Get some rest.”

With that she flew off and left me alone. I went into her house and felt strangely comfortable as it was almost the same as back in Ponyville, just a little smaller. I moved slowly toward her bed. It wasn’t as big and fluffy as her old bed, but it was still better than a stone cot. It almost felt painful to my body after so many years of coldness and hardness, but this warmth was worth every bit. Soon I would see everyone again, but most of all I would see Dashie again. For the first time in so long, my nightmares gave me a peaceful respite.
_________________________________________________________________________

I awoke to some soft murmuring in the next room. It took a moment to re-acclimate myself to these new surroundings. The voices seemed to get quieter and quieter which scared me a little bit. I wanted to leap from the bed and run toward the sound of those voices, but my body wouldn’t move.

“I don’t care Fluttershy! I want to see her!” that beautifully raspy voice rose above the murmurs and I heard the hoofsteps coming toward me. The door burst open and my heart dropped in an instant as I saw her. Her beautifully tousled rainbow mane hung low into her face, parted in just such a way that her piercing roslyn eyes met mine unencumbered. Her armor was the same type as Fluttershy’s, the dusky light causing it to shine softly into the room. The shimmers ended at the openings on her hips where her rainbolt cutie marks shone through far more brightly than any precious gemstone.

“Say it. Let know this isn’t a dream.”

“Pinkie…”

I couldn’t stop myself and honestly I wouldn’t even if I could. I rushed to her in an instant and before I knew what was happening my mouth was pressed to hers. I felt her hesitate, no doubt with thoughts of Fluttershy’s feelings running through her head, but I didn’t care. She let me have this kiss and that was the greatest gift she could ever give me. My arms wrapped around her and I pressed my naked body into the soothing coolness of her armor. She finally pulled away, “Pinkie…you know I’m…”

“I know. Thank you,” I said as I leaned my head onto her shoulder. I ran my hands along the armor over her back and my hand brushed against her left wing, bringing out an adorable gasp. But…something was wrong. My other hand was found nothing. I caressed the full length of her back but her wing…

“Pinkie, it’s okay.”
“Oh Dashie no! Your wing!” I could breathe. Everything was getting fuzzy and I couldn’t stop the flood of thoughts bombarding my mind.

“No no no no no! How could this happen! The thing she loves the most in this world is lost to her forever! She can’t fly anymore! She’s lost everything and all I thought about was selfishly stealing a kiss from her? What is wrong with me!?”

“Guys, get in here now! There’s something wrong with her!” I heard Rainbow’s voice one last time, but slowly everything turned black.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, but after my experience at Bronycon I just felt like writing again. Not sure when the next one will be but just hang tight. Thanks for waiting.