• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 655 Views, 8 Comments

Black Harmony - dissidant1



Equestria has been taken. The ponies have all changed. The Elements have failed.....or have they?

  • ...
8
 8
 655

Chapter 1

The two dark figures were locked within a passionate embrace that seemed without end when suddenly a somber voice broke through the sounds of love permeating the air.

"My Chrysalis....."

The Queen felt those long forgotten hooves gently caress her body as if they'd never been there before. The lovers she'd taken in these endless years had done nothing to sate her desire for the one she loved above all others.

"Sombra.....These long thousand years have been so lonely without you.....I thought the princesses had destroyed you.....I love you. You've no idea how much I've suffered," the queen of the changelings said through pleasure filled moans and gasps.

"I know you have my dear.....but I have a plan that will make this all better. Everything from the Everfree the Crystal Empire will belong to us."

"I will do anything you ask of me.....as long as we are together."

"Good my dear. Tell me.....you remember that foal Discord don't you?
____________________________________________________

It happened in an instant.

The day was long awaited and we knew there was nopony more worthy to wear the alicorn crown than Twilight Sparkle. We learned what was to be an we could not be happier for her, but at the same time we knew that everything was about to change. I mean, Twilight was a princess now! She probably wouldn't live in Ponyville anymore, we may not see her again for a long time, but we didn't want to think about any of that. We spent the entire week together, simply talking and sharing stories. We basked in the warmth of the friendship we knew to be stronger than any force in the world.

It was a grand coronation ceremony, far more regal and incredible than any of the parties I could ever throw.....but I wasn't jealous. There were no bad feelings that day. We were all just so happy for Twilight. All her studies, all her hopes, all her dreams had led her to this moment.

Twilight slowly walked up the carpet to the throne where the princesses waited. I wasn't sure how exactly she became an alicorn, but I was prepared to see my friend through anything and everything to come. I looked around at my friends to see they were just as awe-inspired as I was. Spike was putting on his best "tough dragon" face trying to hide his tears. Applejack smiling warmly, lowering her Stetson slightly. Rarity made no effort to stop the make-up now streaking down her cheeks. And of course I looked at Rainbow Dash.....I was never sure if she knew how I felt about her, but it didn't matter. She loved somepony else. Fluttershy nuzzled into the cerulean mare next to her. I was sad and lonely of course, but they were happy. Making other ponies happy is my special talent after all. I would never risk theirs for my own.

I looked back to see Twilight standing before Celestia, Luna, and Cadance with Shining Armor off to the side. This was it.

Then.....she appeared. The queen of the changelings strolled into the throne room seemingly without a care in the world. We were all taken aback by her arrogance. There was no monologue, no maniacal laughter. She merely walked up to the throne, her eyes never leaving Celestia's. I couldn't put my hoof on it, but there was an evil aura emanating from the queen. It was not her's, but it was still.....familiar.

Celestia raised hoof to summon forth her new guardian.....but for some reason he was nowhere to be found. The queen smirked as that black aura burst forth and enveloped everything in sight.

Celestia ignited her own magic but.....she was overtaken in an instant in an explosion of twisted power. We were all blown back by the dark force.

The next thing we heard was the most painful and heartbreaking scream the world had ever heard.

Why did Luna scream like that? Then I saw it.....

Black crystals just like the ones the evil king was able to summon.

And there was Luna, weeping as one was thrust though her beloved sister's chest.
____________________________________________

*CRACK*

"Back to work!" the changeling guard yelled, whip at the ready for another swing.

I looked at him. What's funny is I didn't even feel the whip hit me anymore. I knew it did, the blood was warm as it ran down my back, but there was no pain. But even so, I picked up my workload and trudged on.

The day ran long but eventually I made it back to the slave barracks.

"I hate changelings," I said aloud to no one in particular. I suppose I was lucky nopony heard me, but in truth, I didn't really care anyway. I laid down on the uncomfortable cot and raised my arm as I did every night.

"1, 2, 3, 4, and 5," I counted the fingers I knew shouldn't be there.

That was the way it was then. It happened slowly, but everypony began to change. Walking on all fours began to feel painful so we stood upright. Mares began to notice their teats move slowly up their chests and grow larger and softer. Our ears lowered to the sides of our heads, poking out from the manes that then encompassed the entire scalp. And finally, where our forehoofs once were there stood thin gangly fingers. At first they disgusted me, but over these past eight years I grew used to them. I've grown used to most things in this world.

At first I wondered what made things so different. It had something to do with that strange magic the queen used. Of course, it made no difference. Equestria's light was dead. The Elements were gone too.

I hadn't laughed since that day. I just do the work they tell me and sleep at the end of the day. Love, friendship, community, those things were foreign to me. I would die eventually, I would overwork myself, or freeze to death when the Wendigos brought the blizzard back, or maybe even end it all myself. After all.....nopony should have to live in this ruined world.
_________________________________________________

*BOOM*

My eyes opened and I looked around. There were ponies screaming everywhere. Explosions boomed all around me.

"Why the fracas?.....Please stop it....." I said as I forced myself from the cot that I had called home for the past eight years.

I walked outside.....I had not seen anything like that since the day the world ended. There was magic being fired all over, bodies strewn about the ground, and red. Yes.....there was red everywhere.

Suddenly something caught my eye. Something that looked.....familiar. I walked toward it, perhaps I was hoping for something. Yes, that was it.

"Why? What am I hoping for? I can barely even remember the days when I used to smile. The world has rotted.....but.....maybe there's still something out there. Something I can smile for. Maybe.....

"Please.....please be something happy. Please let the world be alive....." I said aloud, as the image came into view. A pink mane, canary yellow coat, beautiful aquamarine eyes.....she was almost covered in enchanted armor, but.....could it be? She did not move like the pony I remembered. She was fierce and strong. She swung that magical sword left and right, cleaving through the hordes of changelings as if they were butter. As their blood coated her armor, I realized there was no way she could be.....but then, I saw something more. An open spot on her armor. On her hip, I saw them. Three pink butterflies.

"Flu-.....Fluttershy?" the other pony turned toward me, glowing sword still dripping from the battle.

"Changeling scum!" she charged at me. I could see it. She was not the same gentle Fluttershy I once knew.....but we were still friends. I had to make her see.

As if on its own, my finger made motions of an "X" over my chest which cause her to stop her charge

"No....." she said as my hand moved up, covering my eye, "Pinkie Pie?!"

"Cross my heart," I said as the sword dropped from her hand.