• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,349 Views, 27 Comments

Maybe for the best - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 18 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess.

  • ...
4
 27
 1,349

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Green rocks are magic

You walk next to Sweetie belle as you look around the cave; you look up as you try to see the ceiling but it’s too high up to see. Weird it’s bigger on the inside then on the outside, you laugh to yourself, time lord logic…it’s also colder, you give a shiver as you continue down the dark tunnel.

“Why is it daRK in here?” Sweetie’s high pitched voice bounces off the walls as she talks.

Thee voices seem to mash together as the cave gets dark a small tomboyish voice is heard next you, “Ugh, I told you we should have brought the lantern.”

“Applejack said she don’t want me playing with fire anymore. OW! Sompony pony stepped on my tail.”

You jerk back a bit as you realize Apple bloom’s voice is directed towards you. You give a faint call back to her as you quickly move your hoof, “Sorry.” You brush up against a wall as you back up, the room you’re in is almost too dark to see, which makes you ask yourself, why did you agree to go into a cave if no pony had a light…what could I burn?

Sweetie calls out again in a whiny voice, “I caN’T see!”

Scootaloo gives an annoyed huff as she talks, “Fine we’ll leave. Rainbow where did we come in at?....Rainbow?”

You squint your eyes to see in the dark area, “Rainbow?”

Sweetie continues to whine a bit as she talks, “Where's Rainbow dash?”

“Oh, wait I have a flashlight.” You listen to Apple bloom’s voice as a light clicks on, “eydfdvg.”
Her words are cut off as she holds the light in her mouth.

You look at the light in the dim room, I don’t even care how that light is working.

Scootaloo looks around for a moment, “Rainbow?”

You hear sweeties high voice now as she talks, “Maybe she’s down here.”

You turn around and look behind for her.

“Ahhh!”

You quickly snap your head to the scream, “Scootaloo?!”

The scream turns into a cry of laughter as look up to see Rainbow messing Scootaloo hair up as she holds her, “Thought you lost me squirt?”

The playful act doesn’t last long as you hear another scream, only this time it’s Sweetie belle.

Rainbow’s eyes go wide as she searched for Sweetie belle, “Sweetie? Where did you go?”

You gallop down a winding rock wall toward the sound of the scream, why did she go so far off!?

As you make a turn your eyesight becomes less stringed, Sweetie stands in the middle of a dimly green lit rocky area, you look around the room for a second to try and find the source of the dim green light but you can’t find it.

A smile comes across your face as you notice Sweetie belle is ok, “You alright?”

She is covered in some kind of green goo which she tries to fling it off of her use to be white coat, “WHy do I always get the gross stuff?”

You hold your smile as she continues to try to fling the slime off of herself, you take a moment to look over the room you’re in, it looks a lot like the area the dirt slide dropped you in, in the Everfree forest, but a lot bigger.

Apple Bloom walks close to her friends as she enters behind you, “You okay Sweetie belle?”

Scootaloo now calls out with a laugh, “ha ha, what’s all over you?”

Sweetie’s voice is whiney again as she talks, “I walked over here because I saw a light and thought it was a way out, but when I touched the wall I feel I sUNk into it!”

Scootaloo walks over to the side of the room and mocks Sweetie belle, “Like this?” She gives a laugh as she kicks with her back legs into the wall, but instead of hitting the way like she thought her back hooves disappear into it, “What the hay!?”

Scootaloo struggles to pull her legs from the wall, “What…are…you…WALL!” AS she pulls them from the wall they are covered in a green slime like Sweetie’s coat.

You stare at the wall for a moment, it looks like a regular rock wall like everything else…as you stare at the wall you notice it start to shift, you back up as you look at the wall continue to shift.

You hear a heavy breathing like a sneeze or something as the wall’s color starts to fade into a see-through blue color. The rock…err what you thought was a rock starts to quiver with a continued sound of heavy snoring.

“Uh…Rainbow what is that?”

You turn to Rainbow who is frozen in a fear with her pupils as tiny dots in her eyes.

Her look gives you a heavy uneasy feeling as you whisper back to her, “Rainbow…What is it?”

A gust of wind blows from behind you as a sludge of green slim sticks to your coat, what the fuck!?

Sweetie is again covered in the goo as she screams, “Oh ComE on!”

The now dark blue shaded wall gets two bright yellow and orange circles opening a good ways off the ground, a faint growl can be heard echoing through the room…you stare at the wall for a second you feel your heart drop as you think, that’s not a wall…

Scootaloo and Apple bloom scream as the rush past you. Rainbow pulls on you, “That’s an Ursa minor! We need to get the buck out of here!”

The blue wall now takes the look of some kind of fur as the eyes blink open with an annoyed sleepy growl.

The room around you now takes on a bright blue glow as the creature starts to awake. As you start to move to the hall you came through your mind is brought back to your current area as you hear Sweetie yell out, “I’m stuck!”

Her face screams terror at you but you quickly gallop over to her as you pull her lose from the what you now know is creature snot. As you push her from the ground the eyes focus on you. As you push against Sweetie one last time to free her, the creature lets out a roar at you.
The room now is very brightly lit and as the creature roars at you a few strings of spit fly from its mouth and slap against the floor. You freeze up as you stare down the throat of the yelling beast. You feel dazed as the yell stops ricocheting off the walls; it feels like a surreal dream as you continue to stare down the red throat of the animal. A large blue paw comes crashing down next to you and some dirt and rocks are flung at you, but your still to frozen trying to move.

You’re snapped back to reality as Sweetie belle grabs hold of your back lag in fear. You quickly move the both of you out of the way of the second paw comes swiping at you.

You push Sweetie to the threshold of the tunnel as you scream, “Run!”

The bear like creature swats again around the room and this time hits very close to Sweetie belle. She lets out a crying high pitched squeal as she freezes in fear.

You feel your adrenaline take over as you do what you do best…you run your body into the creature’s arm as you again call to Sweetie to run.

The creature is now fully awake as it lets out another loud yell, the rocks above you shift and a few fall to the ground around the room.

Sweetie moves slowly as she stares at the big blue bear. The bear again throws its large paw towards the little white filly; she closes her eyes as she lets out a yelp.

As the paw swings through the air you close your eyes while the tingling sensation comes over your body. When you hear a low poof behind you and feel the extra weight on your back you quickly break into a gallop towards the tunnel that the bear lifts his paw from.

You rush through the cave as Sweetie holds onto your neck. You don’t even feel yourself breathing as you dart through the large opening towards the bright daytime sun.

As you burst from the cold damp cave, you finally give yourself the moment to breath. But the feeling doesn’t last long as Sweetie tightens around your neck, “THANk you Thank you thank you!”

Rainbow quickly flies over to the two of you as she hugs you, “We thought you two were right behind us!?!”

You breath deep with a little shake as your adrenaline high starts to leave your body, “Ya…nothing happens in a cave.”

Rainbow smacks at your face with her hoof as she hugs you, “Not funny.”

Your moment of reprieve doesn’t last long as a roar can be heard from the cave behind you.

Apple bloom looks to the cave in fear, “Can that thing get out!?”

Rainbow grabs Sweetie from your back as she flies to a bush, “Everpony get over here!”
You gallop behind the bush as the roaring gets louder, after a few moments the huge beast appears at the threshold of the cave. At first it looks too small for it to pass through but your thought is quickly dismissed as you watch the bear like creature almost faze through the rock like it was a ghost or something. You hold your breath and dip down into the leaves as the bear stands in the clearing sniffing the air.

It stays in front of you all for only a few seconds but it feels like hours. The bear shakes its head as it continues to walk away from the cave.

Scootaloo whips her head as she whispers in a shaky voice, “That was close.”

You breathe a sigh of relief as the creature continues to walk further away.

Rainbow still has a solid face as she watches it walk, “…Oh buck! It’s heading towards Ponyville!”

Your eyes widen as you stand up from the ground, “What!?”

End of chapter 4