• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 623 Views, 37 Comments

Autumn's Storm - AeroDynamics



autumns life will change forever when he discover the power within him bursting forth like he would never imagine

  • ...
7
 37
 623

discovery

I awoke with a start. (were am I?) I tried to sit up to take a look at my surroundings, but found that my movement has been prohibited by the sling that my left hindhoof is in.

"Well, that isn't going to work". Instead, I just lifted my head. (Well, I can obviously tell that I'm in a bed, and the leg I broke is in the sling) Around me was a heart-rate monitor, a large curtain, probably for separating the roommates from each other, and a small little nightstand with a boring little clock on it. I laid my head back down on the surprisingly soft pillow.

I heard some ponies outside talking. Adjusting my ears, their conversation slowly came into focus.

"What do you mean he used magic. That's not possible Twi, pegasi only have their inner magic that lets them control the weather, nothing more". Dashie said.

"Rainbow Dash, I know that it's hard to believe, but somehow, his inner magic was released". Twilight argued.

" You know that I can hear you, right?" I said, making sure to speak loud enough for them to hear me.

Rainbow Dash trotted in, followed by Twilight, who had brought so many books, it looked like she was going to collapse under the shear weight of them. There was a loud CRASH as she dropped her saddlebags to the floor.

"Sorry about that Autumn, I didn't know you were awake" Twilight apologized, the pink highlights in her hair showing very bright, due to the light she was in.

"It's fine. I just woke up. What were you talking about out there. I thought I heard you say that I used magic, but that's not possible..." I was beginning to get so frantic, that I started rambling.

Rainbow Dash covered my mouth with her hoof, just to stop me from talking. (Okay, calm down Autumn, there has to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this)

Twilight was staring at me for the longest time trying to figure out what to tell me, and what to ask. Dash, on the other hoof, was just sitting there patiently, and by the expression on her face, she was just thinking over what had happened on that day...(Wait, how long have I been out?)

As if knowing what i was going to ask, Twilight looked at me and said "Don't worry, you were only out for a couple of hours" a grin crossing her face.

"Autumn... do you remember what happened?" Twilight questioned me.

"Me and Dashie were having a race. Dash was ahead, myself only just able to keep up with her trail. I really didn't want to lose. I began thinking in my head of a strong gust of wind pushing me onward to keep up with RD... then that giant circle appeared, and I was thrown forward by the strongest wind I ever encountered".

"I have a hunch... did the circle look anything like THIS" Twilight said, throwing back the blankets, and pointing at my flank.

I looked down, and there, emblazoned on my flank, was the same circle that had appeared behind me.(OH MY GOSH, MY CUTIE MARK!)

"...Yes...yes it did look like that...exactly like that" I said.

"I was afraid of that...Autumn, I don't know how you did it, but you somehow got the inert pegasi magic inside of you to come out, and put itself into a physical form. And, that huge circle that appeared behind you and is now your cutie mark, is known as an arcane infinium, or AI. Unicorns use an arcane infinium to increase the strength of the spell they are using. I don't know how it would work for you pegasi, but even I have a hard time controlling it". With that, she took the clock off of the nightstand and set it on the floor. In its place was a purple "arcane infinium" as she called it, the same color as her coat. This arcane infinium had 8 arrows coming from it, and the inner circle was ringed with what looked like similar glyphs to the one that I had seen in the one behind me.

"This is my arcane infinium. yes, it looks different than your, but that is simply because the arcane circle tunes itself for every individual pony that uses it".

"Nopony knows where it came from, let alone how to use it. from what I've seen, it works different for all those who use it. I for example, use it to increase the strength of a spell that I am using. Some ponies, however, use it as an extra energy reserve to draw from when casting very strenuous spells" Twilight said.

"Then how does mine work?" I asked.

A look of pure confusion crossed Twi's face.

"I don't know". She must have been so mad that she had no idea what was going on, because I could see tears starting to form in her eyes.

Rainbow Dash notice this and immediately walked over and put her hooves around her best friend. Twilight sat there for a moment, obviously contemplating what to do next. She thanked Dash for the comfort, then stood back up to speak again.

"Autumn, when you get better, will you please come over to my house? Hopefully I can get everything ready by then". As soon as the words left her mouth, she picked up her bags once again and hurried out the door.

"Have what ready?" I asked.

Rainbow Dash patted me on my still injured leg, probably harder than she meant to.

"I have no idea, but when Twilight gets that look on her face, that means she knows what to do". She smiled at me, then saw the look of pain in my face as I laid there in bed. She quickly pulled her hoof off my leg and apologized.

Three days went by with me just laying in bed. Lucky me though, I had plenty of books to read. Rainbow Dash even let me borrow some of her Daring Do books. I quickly finished those, and ever so often, a doctor came in to check up on me and bring me my food.

I took the first step outside the door. I had to stop myself from running back inside as the cold morning air overtook me. I had been inside so long that I forgot The place has a heater. (BRRRRRR, I'll have to get used to this again). I unfolded my wings, oh it felt so good to be able to do that again. while I was in the hospital, I couldn't even open my wing halfway, I just had to lie there on the bed. I flapped my wings and started off toward the house of Twilight Sparkle.

I lighted down on the doorstep of the library, the whole building was a tree. I figured that it was magically enhanced to grow that way (Why would anypony even want to live in a tree?). I knocked on the door. A door opened, but it was not the one in front of me. I took a few steps back to see that the door to the balcony opened up to admit it's resident. She looked over the edge and waved to me, which I promptly waved back.

"Hi Autumn, why don't you just come on up here" she said, with much enthusiasm.

Once again i spread my wings and made the short flight to her balcony. Twilight had left the door open, so let myself in. I looked around, marveling at the countless books that lined the walls. I walked down the stairs to greet her.

"Hi Twilight, long time no se..." I said, a smile widening on my face, then I tripped, and started tumbling head over hooves down the stairs. Reaching the bottom with a small crash, I quickly picked myself up. As Twilight started laughing, my cheeks started turning a rosy pink (Why am I falling so much all of a sudden? it's embarrassing!)

"Well, when your ready, come downstairs. I'll go get everything ready" said the purple mare.

I quickly regained my composure and followed her downstairs. What was waiting down there for me was a room full of beeping machines. I walked in, confused as to what this is all for.

"We're going to find out the purpose of your arcane infinium. If you could stand still for a moment, I'll get you hooked up". I stood there, confused at the mechanics put on my body. She slid a cover over the bend of my wings too. It just felt so... odd.

"okay, now I'm going to have to ask you to try to use your AI, so that i can get a reading.

I was afraid to. The last time I did, I nearly killed myself, and I hardly wanted to do it again, but I needed to understand. I called out to the wind, the very air itself, to move at my command.

A little green circle appeared on the table. A little jet of wind poured upwards from what I assume as my AI.

"This is like nothing I've ever seen... Autumn, can you see if you can make a cloud with this circle?" asked twilight.

I closed my eyes and let my thoughts create a cloud from the moisture in the air. Opening my eyes again, they came to rest on a neat little cloud floating above a now spinning green circle.

The little green circle disappeared when Twi turned off the machinery. I assumed that it was okay to take off the equipment now, so I did. I turned to Twilight, hoping now to get some answers. but in her eyes there was understanding, with a hint of fear.

Author's Note:

Okay people. Lets get a show of thumbs for this story!

Hopefully more thumbs up.

Thank you all for reading. I'll try to get chapter 3 up very soon