• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 623 Views, 37 Comments

Autumn's Storm - AeroDynamics



autumns life will change forever when he discover the power within him bursting forth like he would never imagine

  • ...
7
 37
 623

Magic for dummies

I looked over at Twilight in confusion. Sure, my sudden being able to use magic might be a little dangerous, but that's no reason to be scared of me. I suddenly realized that I had a desperate need to open my wings. I could feel my feathers brushing up against my coat, building up an excess of heat. The energy amplifiers that Twilight had attached to me weren't helping either.

I yanked off the equipment and rushed over to her. Throwing my hooves around her, I embraced her in a great big bear hug. As I looked down, I saw tears forming in her eyes

"Thanks Autumn" Twilight said as she wiped the tears away. She got back up and launched herself over too the table, and began scribbling some notes. "Okay, I think I've figured it out".

"Well then please tell me, cause I'm still as confused as I was when I came here" I replied walking up to peek over her shoulder and see the notes she was taking. These notes are way too complicated for me, why does she have to be so smart, it's not fair. Granted, I wasn't the best student in school, but still, I wish I could understand this stuff.

"From what I can tell, your magic is entirely based on your will... so in other words, the more you want to you it, the stronger it will be". She took a step forward, then wrapped me in her magic and started carrying me upstairs with her.

"Letmedownletmedownletmedownletmedown!" I shouted, and immediately I felt my face hit the stairs, and I toppled back down to the bottom. Twi rushed back down the stairs after me, meeting me at the bottom.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" She said quickly searching me over for any sign of injury.

"Yes, I'm fine. Can we please just go, ummm, wherever it was you wanted to go?" I said as I shot her a questioning glance.

"Yes, I suppose so". She started walking up the stairs once again. I took a sprint forward, stopping at her side."I was planning on taking you outside...".

"Well why didn't you say so!" I shouted as I quickly flew up the stairs and out the balcony window. That small basement had started to make me feel claustrophobic, and let me tell you, this feels soooooo much better. I raced up to the nearest cloud and grabbed it just as Twilight yelled for me to come back down. I brought it with me... and lied down on it as she spoke again.

"Since your still experimenting with your magic, it's probably a good idea to go somewhere where you can't hurt the populace". Mean... I mean Sure, I couldn't control it yet, but, I'm sure that I wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Fine, were should we go?"

"I thought Rainbow Dash would enjoy seeing you again. After all, she hasn't seen you since you were in the hospital" She said.

"Sure, her house isn't close to anything. I'll meet you there". I flipped my wings out, then flew off to Rainbow's house fast as possible. Or so I thought I would. I felt a tug on my rear, and I just started to hang. I looked back between my legs and saw that Twilight had grabbed me with her magic, and that I was hanging from her magical grip by the length of my tail. " Heeeeeeeeey... what was that for ". I looked down and tried to give her the best scowl I could. " This isn't very comfortable you know" I said, feeling the pain in my rump disappear. I got a mouthful of dirt, and sat myself back up.

"Well, I wouldn't have had to do that if you weren't still so inexperienced with your magic that you might kill yourself again, but since you are, I did" said Twilight, staring me over as if I were still a foal wanting to run and play 'hide and seek'. I felt insulted. Just because I'm not an adult doesn't mean that I can't take care of myself. "Just stick with me until we get there, okay Autumn? I shouldn't have to remind you that patience is a virtue".

"Patience is not a virtue, it is but an elaborate form of torture" I found myself saying. Twilight stopped and shot me a glare, then continued walking. I followed her, but I had a hard time just walking so slowly. I would've been there by now, why doesn't she just..."Hey Twilight, why don't you just teleport us there?" I questioned.

'Well, I probably would have, but it seems that now I have to teach you patience along with magic" she replied. I let my body go limp as gave up the argument. I hovered next to her, silently pleading with myself for her to go faster.

We arrived ten minutes later. I had given up on flying the whole way and started walking halfway through, realizing that she wouldn't speed herself up just to keep up with me.

"Hey Autumn, would you mind flying up and getting Rainbow Dash for me?" said Twilight. I quickly nodded and went to fetch the rainbow mare. Knowing my friend very well, I figured that she would probably be on her back porch,'soaking up some rays' as she calls it. I lighted down on the roof, feeling the familiar softness of the cloud underfoot, and bent myself over the edge. Dashie was doing exactly what I thought she would be doing, I had to stifle a laugh so that she wouldn't find me.

A random idea floated into my head...Brilliant! I closed my eyes and pictured a soft, I repeat, soft wind blowing the mirror out of her grip. I opened my eyes and peered over the edge. A small green circle had appeared just behind her head.My AI of course. Then a quiet breeze began to softly tug the mirror from her grip.

"Where'd this breeze come from, it wasn't here a second ago" I heard the tomboy say. she set the mirror down beside her and got out of her chair. She turned and saw the magical entity, then looked up at me. A grin grew on her face and she threw herself off the edge.

Crap! I ran forward and jumped off the edge, trying to catch up with her. The wind tugged at my entire body as I sped toward the ground. The cyan mare was nowhere to be found. Then, in an instant, she pulled up beside me,and sped down just as fast as myself

"So, when do we pull up?" she asked, competing with the wind to be heard.

"We don't" I told her, which was quickly returned by a worried stare.

We neared the ground, and I could hear Twi yelling for us to pull up. But I don't want to, I thought. I focused all of my being to make a huge jet of wind blow straight up from the surface. I reopened my eyes, and the AI spun very rapidly on the ground, blowing a huge blast of wind at us. Rainbow Dash pulled up about a hundred feet from the ground.

"Autumn stop! Your going to kill yourself!" she yelled, hovering in place as I continued my downward descent.

Suddenly, I reached the wind tunnel. The pressure it put on me was colossal, so much so that it felt like my hide would come off my body. I straightened myself out, and let the wind stop my falling nearly entirely. Twilight was only a couple feet away, and galloped over as fast as she could as I hit the ground, and a resounding CRACK came from my legs.

"OW OW OW OW!!!" I yelped as I fell to the ground, clutching my right foreleg. Not being able to feel your leg is a bad thing, right? cause that's how I'm feeling right about now, and it doesn't give you any idea on how bad your injury is. I suddenly found myself in the air again, which is odd, because I can still feel my wings at my side. I looked down at my body and saw that it was covered in a rosy aura. Twilight's aura.

Twilight stared to probe me with her magic for any other injuries. It felt terrible, like I was being felt up by her. I could feel a heat in my face and new instantly that my cheeks had turned red. "Your lucky that you only dislocated your leg, which is surprising, considering how reckless you just were" she lectured.

"I'm sorry Autumn, but this is going to hurt... a lot."

"Well thank you soooo much for the warning" I said sarcastically.

"On the count of 3, I'll put your leg back into place. 1...2...3 " she said, doing what felt like snapping my leg clean off. I can see it now, the top of my leg covered in blood, and the bottom somewhere on the ground.

"AAAAAAHHHH" I screamed, the sudden shock knocking the air out of me. I lied on the ground for a while, then looked up to where Twi and Dash were sitting next to each other. "Thanks" I muttered. Twilight looked over at me, and started to giggle.

"Don't worry about it, besides, what are friends for?" She said. A smile enveloped my entire face. "And from the looks of it, I won't need to teach you how to use magic after all. You can just learn more on the way". she frowned " Besides, it's not like I could help you. I've never seen a pegasus use magic before".

I got back up off the ground and hopped into the air and started to fly over to them when Rainbow Dash called out to me. "Autumn, LOOK OUT!!!"

A rock came and smashed into my back, stunning me. I popped an evasive loop as the next one coming tried to take a bite out of my face, but missing by just a hair. I noticed a red spot on my foreleg. Blood. Great, fucking perfect, now I have a crazy pony hurling rocks at me. I looked back to where the hat came from, and saw a brown earth pony mare with a black desperado hat on her head. I got a quick glance at her flank. Her cutie mark was an AI, just like mine, but a different shape and color.

SHIT! I screamed in my head. The mare jumped high into the air. "Twilight, Rainbow Dash. Get back, AND HURRY!!". I expected the mare to land with a thud on the ground, but when she came back down, the very ground cracked beneath her. A column of sharp, pointed rocks with jagged edges rose from the ground, and headed towards me. I pumped my wings and did a barrel roll to the right. When I leveled myself out, I saw that there was a boulder headed straight for me. There was no time to think. I hoped with all my might for the boulder to split in half and fly past me. My AI appeared in front of me, and shot what appeared to be blades of wind at the huge rock.

The blades hit the rock, of that I'm sure, and cut a long groove through the center, but only made it halfway through before the wind blade dissolved. The boulder rammed into my face and the rest of my body, throwing my to the ground, and it landing on top of me. There was a small crater, and I was at the bottom. Not good. HOW THE HELL DID SHE DO THAT!?!?!

As rage took hold of me, my only thought became BEAT THIS PONY! I called upon the wind and the boulder that pinned me down was chopped into hundreds of tiny little pieces by the wind. Again, not smart. The rock pieces fell on me and gave me even more cuts. The blood from the first cut had dried while I had lied under the boulder, but now fresh blood started to pour down my sides. I don't care, I thought as I raised myself from the rubble and sprinted to the top of the crater. I looked at the mare standing only yards away from me. She looked so cocky under that hat of hers. With a quick flick of my hoof, I blew the hat off, and stared at the brightest green eyes I've ever seen.

"Who are you" I rasped, trying to be as loud as possible.

She stood there for the longest time, then said " I'm Kage, and I'm here to kill you"