• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 2,841 Views, 63 Comments

The Machine - ADRNEL



Adam Gray, 19th century scientist, Time Travels into the future and ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
30
 63
 2,841

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXVII~The Creature~

"Ugh...five more minutes Shy." groaned Adam as the bright sunlight of outside peeked through the window and onto his face. He flipped over to wrap an arm around his love; the mare that he spent the most magical night with; Fluttershy.

He rested his hand on the figure next to him only to feel something strange, the fur did not feel right, plus it felt thinner that what he would expect from a pony. "Shy?" Adam slowly opened his eyes to see the most disturbing sight of all.

"Good morning sweetie." said a very strange creature who lied next to him on the bed. "Slept well?"

The human let out a scream.


"Adam?" yelled a worried Fluttershy as she ran in the hallways of the palace. "Where are you?" she desperately looked for her human coltfriend. "Adam?!" he was not around when she woke up and hasn't been seen in over an hour.

"Fluttershy? What's wrong?" asked a motherly voice. Shy turned to see that it was Celestia.

"Have you seen where Adam went?" asked the pegasus, worried.

"Oh, well, I shouldn't be saying this but-"

"But what?!"

Celestia gave a convincing sigh. "He left back to his home time this morning to see Mary again, he felt guilty after his night with you because he felt like he betrayed her memory." lied the princess. She knew Adam was in Discord's world now. "Sorry for lying my little pony, but it is for your own good"

"HE WHAT?!"


Chapter XXVII
The Creature
Part One


Adam found himself on a piece of iceberg in the middle of an endless ocean. "What's going on here? What kind of sorcery is this?"

"No sorcery, just chaos." mused the creature as he slithered in the air. "The name is Discord, so nice to meet you." he shook the human's hand with a smirk. "Chaos and dark magic is my thing."

"Wait..." the human started to recognize the creature. "...you're that statue from the garden!"

"Yep, my prison to be exact. Celestia's favorite form of capital punishment as you should now." he lounged on the highest point of the iceberg.

"What do you want from me? What did you do to Fluttershy?" he demanded.

“Hush now human, you’ll ruin the ending.” Discord sternly warned. “But I can at least tell you that I am here to show you things that will make you see the world for what it truly is, past, present and future.”

“Who are you?” the human asked skeptically.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Discord smirked. “Now, step right up for the tragical history tour, step right this way!”

“What-?” before Adam knew it, Discord tackled him off the iceberg and suddenly found himself landing on freshly cut grass. “Huh? How?” the human looked around to see that he was in some kind of neighborhood.

He got up from the ground and brushed the grass off of his clothes. He train of thought was interrupted by a loud car horn. “WOO HOO! WE WON THE WAR!” yelled a young man in celebration as he drove by.

Adam was confused. “What time period is this?” he walked over to the curb to see a newspaper and picked it up.

WAR IS OVER! Truman announces Japanese surrender

“A toast to the end of such a horrible war! A toast to the United States and democracy!” exclaimed a family who sat at the front porch of their home.

“Here! Here!” exclaimed everyone else back as they toasted each other, except for a depressed looking old man.

“And a toast to my grandfather Henry Wotton in celebration of his 90th birthday!” said a middle aged man to the rest of the family.

“Here! Here!” they all exclaimed again. The old man refused to even lift up his drink.

“You okay Grandpa Henry?” he asked the old man with concern.

Adam silently looked on from a distance. “Henry Wotton? That’s him?”

“Me and Albert shouldn't have written that letter to President Roosevelt...it was a mistake.” Henry said with remorse, his eyes started off distantly.

“But without it we wouldn’t have defeated those Japs.”

“That’s a bunch of bullshit James and you know it!” snapped Henry at his grandson. The entire family was stunned into silence. “They only surrendered because the Soviets entered the fight against them and they were more afraid of them than us!”

Henry continued. “If Adam were alive today, he would be ashamed of us for inventing such a weapon that will blast us to the stone age! Me and Mr. Einstein knew of the consequences and now we have opened a Pandora’s box that cannot be closed!”

Adam continued to look on, he realized that not a single person has noticed him so far. But he felt sorry for his old and only friend Henry. He looked so old and tired of the world.

"He was never the same since his closest friend disappeared." explained Discord. He stood next to Adam. "He blamed himself for not doing enough to help."

"There was nothing he could do..." explained Adam.

"In the 46 years since you left, he has seen the worse of humanity, he gradually started to see humans the same way you did, maybe even more."

“The most flawed creature in the animal kingdom I might say! We are conformist, self-centered bastards who are only as smart as the dumbest person."

Adam suddenly found himself in the middle of a wake, only Mrs. Tuppence, Henry and Henry's wife Lauren were in attendance. "Who's funeral is this?" he was confused.

Henry reluctantly went up to give a speech, he tried his best to keep his composure. "One year ago...my good friend left this world..." he took a deep breath before he continued. "But it apparent suicide that killed...it was us...it was us that killed him!"

Mrs. Tuppence and his wife looked stunned at what he said. Adam was also stunned.

"We killed him because we failed to do our best in helping him...he was yearning for our help ever since his beloved was murdered, and all we did was stand around and do nothing hoping he would recover on his own..." a tear flowed down Henry's cheek. He quickly took out an envelope from his shirt pocket and placed it in the empty coffin. "We will never be ready for your work...never..."

"What did he put in there?!" asked Adam to Discord.

"Why...your most brilliant work so far..."

"Mass to energy conversion...the amount of energy stored in mass...mass to energy equivalence..."

"Bingo!" exclaimed Discord. "But it was because of YOUR theory that humanity destroyed themselves into extinction."

"What?!" he couldn't believe it.


Adam suddenly found himself in a graveyard at night. He noticed three people with flashlights reach a grave.

"Are you sure about this?" said one in a German accent.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures...you said you would be willing to do anything to stop the German threat Mr. Einstein."

"Will your friend approve of this?" asked the German man.

"By God I hope so." The sky boomed with thunderous noise as the winds picked up. "Get the shovels James."

"Yes grandpa." James runs back to the car.

A flash of lightning revealed the face of a much older Henry along with the tombstone inscription that read:

Here lies Adam Gray
Good friend
Ahead of his time
Gone to soon

April 15, 1865 - August 13, 1899

Henry and James began to dig as Mr. Einstein looked on holding the flashlight.


"Adam is a very strange creature at times, I find him very fascinating. Bipedal, digits, patchy fur, all that stuff that make Adam human. Sometimes I have fantasies about him ravishing me all night long and whispering mathematical proofs into my ear, now that's a thought that sends shivers down my back in a good way of course. But don't get me wrong, I am glad he's with Fluttershy, but I sometimes feel like he should be with his intellectual equal, me."

"Adam is such a gentlecolt, he is very polite and very charming. He sure does know how to treat a lady right. Such a shame I won't get to try him out for a change, Fluttershy is such a lucky mare. I'll have to ask her permission someday in my quest to quench my curiosity. But I wouldn't mind just staying friends with him. It's not my place to steal, especially if it belongs to one of my closest friends."

"Why, Adam is very mighty nice, and a great helper on the farm. Ah'm proud of his impact on little Apple Bloom, helpin' her earn her cutie mark and be sort of a father figure to her. Do ah want to be with him as a lover? Sure that thought has crossed my mind a few times, but ah don't have time for such immature thin's, my life is find the way it is, besides, there's a certain Wonderbolt that caught my eye."

"Adam can be a grumpy gills sometimes, I mean, not grumpy in a mean way, but grumpy in a serious way, you know? Anyways, Pinkamena tells me that he's very sexy and smells extremely good, whatever that means, she's crazy. Fluttershy is SO super duper lucky to have him, I am so happy for her, I want to throw a party for their one year anniversary, I already have the cake ready and everything!"

"Yeah, Adam can be cool and awesome, but not as cool and awesome as me of course, because he's a big egghead like Twilight Sparkle, I always thought it would be those two that got together and not Fluttershy. But that's life, I'm not too bummed out about that, I already have Big Mac to fulfill my needs at least twice a week. He looks strange yet mildly pleasing to look at when naked. But he dosen't compare to the impressive stuff I have seen."

Adam found himself in a dark void as those voices passed him. "What's going on?"

He looked around the void until he saw the sight of Fluttershy writing a note while tears flowed down her eyes.

"Dear Adam, I am writing this letter to tell you that I have still not forgiven you for what you have done. How could you Adam? I thought you love me! Was there something I did wrong?! I don't know what to feel anymore. If you wanted her so badly you could've just ask me for my permission to form a herd with her. Why didn't you?! Maybe I am better off dead, better than watching you be happy with somepony else. I gave you my virginity Adam and this is how you repay me?! Fine! Be happy with Lyra and Twilight instead, see what I care, good bye, and good riddance."

"Wait, Fluttershy...I didn't mean to-" he was interrupted by the sound of rope being stretched tight and a stool toppling over. He looked up with stunned silence to see the horrible sight of a lifeless body as it hung from the floor. "No..."

Discord's laugh echoed across the floor. "No..." Adam felt his entire world spin. "I am sorry Fluttershy!"

"Sorry doesn't bring back the dead!"

"Please...no...I didn't mean too!"

Adam backed away from Discord's voice until he bumped into something dense. The human turned around to see he bumped into Celestia. "Princess?"

"There you are Adam, we've been looking for you." she stated relieved.

"Get me out of here...Discord is-"

"I know." she interrupted. "I came here to not miss the show." she smirked.

"What show?" he asked confused.

Celestia continued to smirk she went close to the human and whispered in his ear. "The one where Discord breaks you."

"Huh?!" Adam slowly backed away from the princess.

"What better way of getting rid of you without leaving my hooves dirty." she gave a small chuckle. She circled the human and looked down on him.

To keep the status-quo I like
I have to do things that aren't great
To always keep this nation safe

I have done things that are so sad
My shoulders can not bare the weight
To keep the status-quo I like

To punish and to kill the bad
To exile those who knew the state
To always keep this nation safe

How our nation was founded mad
From all the creatures that we hate
To keep the status-quo I like

To stone I turned some ponies bad
To exile I would go dictate
To always keep this nation safe

I have done things to make me glad
For the protection of the state
To keep the status-quo I like
To always keep this nation safe

The chuckle soon turned into a cackle as the princess's blue and pink mane turned yellow-red like fire. "Bow down to the eternal sun! May the sun never set on my empire!" she said as she faded away in the flames.

Adam suddenly felt himself falling, falling into a desolate field filled with sand and ruined buildings. The skies were dark and gloomy as rain started fall.

"This is what your life's work to mankind..." explained Discord as he calmly sat on a burnt leather couch. "...its destruction."

The human was in a state of complete shock. "What do you mean?!"

"The paper you wrote on the inter-connectedness of mass and energy...remember that one?"

“He is known for his work in radio and microwaves, and laying the ground work that indirectly inspired many important discoveries in physics during the 20th century. His paper titled ‘The Interconnectedness of Matter and Energy’, published posthumously in 1900, became the groundwork for Albert Einstein's general and special relativity five years later.”

What Watson said to him a long time ago about himself flashed in his memory.

"You started a chain of events that eventually lead to your species own demise, you became the destroyer of worlds...the god of destruction..."

Adam looked around to see the skulls and bones of countless people surround him. "No..." he could not believe that his work would do the opposite of what he intended. "Why work was supposed to free us from the shackles of ignorance!"

"Your work just caused to shackles to tighten instead. With your work it made easier for people to preserve their ignorance through intimidation and bulling." Discord explained.


"With mine and Adam's work combined, we can finally harness the power of the atom."


"Мы вас похороним!"


"No..." Adam was stunned. "...no..."

"Congratulations, you have proven yourself correct about humans the entire time!" laughed Discord.

The human fell to his knees in despair. "But...we had so much...potential..."

Suddenly, his surroundings turned black. He was in a dark void again but then, an oval shaped office formed around him. In it was his now elderly friend Henry as he spoke to a man behind the main desk.

"You can't do this Mr. President!" exclaimed Henry, his voice hoarse. "I implore you to not use the bomb on innocent civilians!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Wotton," said the President in a slight southern twang. "but I want this war against the Japanese to be over and done with, besides, it will also serve as a nice demonstration and warning to Mr. Stalin to think twice about attacking us." he explained.

"You actually think this is some kind of sick and twisted dick measuring contest?!" he was stunned and offended.

"Look Mr. Wotton, do you want this war to be done now or later, because for everyday I sit behind this desk, I have to make decisions that cause the lives of hundreds or maybe thousands of our boys out there who have sacrificed themselves for their country!" the President yelled in anger. "Now maybe when you get to be where I am, you'll understand why I did what I have to do, until then, I bid you a good day!" he pounded his fist on the desk before he got back to work to sign the papers on his desk.

Henry stood there stunned. "But Mr. President-"

"I SAID GOOD DAY MR. WOTTON!" he yelled again.

Henry did not say a word as several staff members escorted him out of the office. He just looked on with pity at the President.

The scene then faded to Henry's room at the Jersey shore, one year later in the middle of summer. The 91-year-old laid on his bed weak and slowly dying. He was alone until Mr. Einstein walked in.

"You wanted to see me Henry?" he asked Henry as he quietly sat down at a chair next to his bed.

"Yes...just wanted to talk to you...one last time..." weakly creaked Henry. His breathing labored.

"Mr. Truman wanted me to send you this letter." he gives the dying man the letter with the President's seal on it.

"Tell...that president...that he can...shove that letter...up his Missouri ass and that...he can go fuck...himself." he exclaimed with all of his might.

Mr. Einstein just smiled and shook his head. "Defiant until the end, I told him the same exact thing...but with politeness of course." he chuckled.

"What will Adam...think of us...for creating such a weapon?"

"Form what I know about him...I think we have just proven him correct."

"I guess that's why he...flew away..." Henry smiled. "Flew away on his machine...to find true happiness..." His mind wandered off in blissful wonder at what his old friend was up to.

The scene soon faded away into darkness...


"Ugh...five more minutes Shy." groaned Adam as the bright sunlight of outside peeked through the window and onto his face. He flipped over to wrap an arm around his love; the mare that he spent the most magical night with; Fluttershy.

He rested his hand on the figure next to him, only to feel the mattress. "Huh?" he felt around only to find that the bed was empty apart from him. "Fluttershy?!" he looked around with concern, was he back to normal? Or still under Discord's influence?

Adam got up and put on his pants. "Fluttershy?"

Suddenly, the door burst open and a group of what appeared to be caribou in medieval armor and swords stormed in. "Where are the mares?! Where are they?!" he just looked at them stunned as he placed his hands up, he did not say a word.

He was quickly surrounded by these sword wielding creatures who continuously yelled at him.

Where did Discord leave him now?

TO BE CONTINUED...

PreviousChapters Next