• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 1,315 Views, 53 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 53
 1,315

They Suspect Everyone of Heresy

The battle was long and challenging, but with the united strength of the Pony Marines, and Unidor's magic, the Hog forces were at last slain. But the victory was short lived when Pegalos received the grim news of his Battle-Siblings from a scout.

"Brother Sagittarius?" He asked.

"Burned beyond recovery of his geneseed," the scout said, "along with Brother Capricornus. Nothing was left of them save for ash. They burned from the inside out."

"Anything else to report?" Pegalos asked.

"The Hog Warboss has been destroyed, but we saw a dropship leave the area." The scout's tone grew worried. "Captain, she bore the eight-pointed star."

Pegalos's face turned solemn from the news. "The Mark of the Ruinous Powers of Discord."

"The Forces of Discord? Here? Now?" A Marine Sergeant asked.

"Tartaurus has endured several Black Crusades led by the terrible Discord Champions," Pegalos explained, "however, it seems too convenient that Hogs and these heretics are here at the same time. But I trust the eyes of our scouts." Pegalos looked at the Unicorn. "Unidor, do you sense anything?"

Unidor shook his head. "No, I have sensed nothing." He said. "But if the nature of Brother Sagittarius's demise is any indication, then they would have a Unicorn with them who would be capable of masking their presence, especially with all the background static caused by the Hogs." At that moment, a ship landed in the distance.

Pegalos looked at the ship and took a deep breath. "Ah, our 'honored' guest has arrived."

"Who is it?" The Sergeant asked.

"Inquisitor Princess Luna," said Unidor, "protector of the Empress's divine word and will."

"Is she here to take command?"

"An Inquisitor may have near-unlimited power." Unidor explained. "Yes, she can commission the service of any Equestrial citizen, from peasant to planetary governor, but-"

Pegalos interjected. "I shall not cede command of my Pony Marines to her, Inquisitor or not!"

"Then why is she here? Does she suspect one of us of heresy?"

"She is an Inquisitor." Pegalos reminded. "They suspect everyone of heresy. If Discord taints this world then that explains her presence. We must share with her what we discovered." They turned to face the dull blue, starry maned Alicorn who wielded a warhammer with her magic. "Inquisitor Luna, welcome to Tartaurus."

"Thank you, Captain," said Luna, "but we have little time for courtesies. You and your stallions must leave Tartaurus. Now!"

Author's Note:

What? You thought Luna was gonna be an antagonist in this story? Get outta here! No, she is the Inquisitor that will aid the Blood Phoenixes in their missions. What a twist, indeed.