• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 1,315 Views, 53 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 53
 1,315

Aftermath

The Pony Marines managed to drive the Hogs away from the city and into the forests. All around, Hogs laid dead in the dirt, their blood marking the beginning of the turning point of the war. Pegalos bowed in place and silently said his prayers to the Empress that he loyally served.

The Colonel was standing at the edge of the fight with his stallions and a single tank. From the sky, another drop pod smashed into the ground. Out of the pod came a Pony Marine who wore armor, like the other soldiers, and he wielded a bolt pistol. But had a magical force weapon, and a strange headset with many wires connected to his cranium. He was also a Unicorn.

The Colonel was surprised, never had he seen a Unicorn before. He approached slowly.

"I am honored to be in the presence of a Unicorn." the Colonel said. "I wish to know how my stallions can better serve you."

"We shall wait for the Captain to finish his prayers." the Unicorn said softly. "I saw you stand against the Hogs, you are a brave steed, Colonel. I wish I could say the same of your stallions."

"I shall strengthen their resolve, My Lord." the Colonel said with determination.

"See that you do, or we shall do it for you." the Unicorn said as he trotted away, but then stopped in his tracks. The Colonel turned around and wanted to say something.

"You have something you wish to say. Say it, Colonel." the Unicorn insisted.

"How did you know?" the Colonel asked in curiosity as he trotted back up to him.

The Unicorn turned around and looked at the far away battle. "Even without my magic... 'gifts'... it is obvious. Speak."

"Is it true your company eradicated a heresy on the planet of Cyrene recently?" The Colonel asked. "An Exterminatus? Down to the planet's last stallion, mare, and foal?"

The Unicorn's face, though could not be seen, grew solemn at the mentioning of that name. "Colonel, your company is welcome, but such questions are not. Do not ask the Captain about Cyrene, if you intend to remain in his good graces."

The Colonel knew better than to argue against that logic. He and the Unicorn trotted up to Pegalos, who was now done praying.

"Brother-Captain. The Colonel wishes an audience with you." The Unicorn said as Pegalos trotted towards them.

"Thank you, Unidor." the Captain said.

"My Lord," the Colonel addressed, "my Tartaurus 37th Equestrial Guard Regiment stand ready to serve you in protecting the city. They wish to make amends for-"

"They will have many opportunities to prove themselves warriors worthy of the Empress." said Pegalos. "The Blood Phoenixes are leaving the city, its protection is in your hooves."

"I will ready my stallions." The Colonel nodded. "May I ask what your next course of action is?"

Pegalos looked at a dead Hog. "Hogs only respect strength and I intend to show them that we have it in ample supply."

Author's Note:

Pegalos (Peg-uh-low-s) and Unidor (Yu-na-dor), for those who can't pronounce strange names worth beans. I realized that, when it comes to third person stories, I might either give too little or not enough information about the scenario that the characters are in. But this will hopefully be the beginning of a good start. If anyone spots any grammar errors, or thinks that I didn't give enough details, let me know through means other than comments. And be nice about corrections, I will not let myself stoop to your level just to talk some sense into you.