• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 1,315 Views, 53 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 53
 1,315

Into the Maw

Further in the forests near the mountain, Eldeer forces were preparing for the arrival of the Pony Marines. Their hovering tanks and towering mechs swiftly headed into their positions, while the deer-like warriors readied their ambushes. An Eldeer Warlock approached another Eldeer that wielded a mystic spear within her white aura of magic.

"Exalted Farseer Antla." The Warlock addressed her with a melodious voice, "The ponies are moving, traversing through the slope as you predicted. They are walking into our trap."

"Yes," said Antla with the same musical tone, "but you can never ambush a Pony Marine. Remember that. They expect treachery at every turn; you can only validate their suspicions."

"Your orders?" The Warlock asked.

"We have locked the ponies into this path as they have locked us into ours. They know they enter a gauntlet, and they will likely drag us into it as well. Now, we play our parts and pray that we are the better actors."

Meanwhile, Pegalos and Unidor trotted up the abandoned street, followed by squads of Pony Marines, a squad of Pegasus Marines, and a Harmonaught.

"Are you certain?" Pegalos asked, turning to Unidor. Four Scout Marines infiltrated ahead of them.

Unidor nodded. "Yes. The pass to Mount Dracath, this is where the altar said we must go." Unidor cocked an eyebrow. "Why, do you question my findings?"

"I do not question your abilities, Brother-Unicorn," said Pegalos, "but I do question their tactical sense. That mountain pass is the perfect location for an ambush."

The Unicorn specter appeared next to Unidor, still only visible to him. "Listen to the distrust in his voice." the apparition whispered. "He probably calls you a freak behind your back, but he fears your divinity, your power. You must put the foal at ease."

"I do not deny that this is likely a trap," said Unidor, snapping back to reality, "which is all the more proof that our enemy lies in this direction."

"Very true, old friend." said Pegalos in agreement. "Stay alert, and follow my lead. I want no mistakes."

"Agreed." Explosions echoed in the atmosphere.

"Scouts, are you in position?" Pegalos asked through his comm link.

"Yes, My Lord." A scout answered, "We have discovered the location of the first Eldeer forces."

Pegalos rubbed his chin in thought. "We must find a way to overcome this Eldeer strike force before we can scout out a good location to stage our field operations."

Author's Note:

Can you imagine having an invisible creep whisper sweet nothingness into your mind? I know I can, it is a GOOD pain. It's a long hike up the mountain side, but with determination and a big gun, we can do it! And fun fact: Did you know that the Eldar Farseer from Dawn of War is voiced by Nicole Oliver? The same voice actress who does Celestia and Cheerilee?