• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 1,560 Views, 27 Comments

Chaos Returns - The One With The Crystal



Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Spike are kidnapped by Discord. Chaos has engulfed the town of Ponyville.

  • ...
4
 27
 1,560

The Letter and The Surprises

The morning sun broke through the glass window of the upstairs library were Spike and Twilight slept. Spike woke up with a yawn. It seemed like years that the event happened between Discord , him, and the three fillies. It turns out that it only happened yesterday. Spike was sad. He had lost a very good friend. Spike himself was taken back from what he just thought, but he knew it was true.

Discord had some how managed to win not only his trust, but his friendship too. Now that he thought about it Discord did seem funny and trustworthy. He just had a bad start thats all. Order was never Discord's strong point, but he just need a little help. Spike sat in his bed with only his thoughts to keep him company while Twilight slept. She had worked so hard and long to find him that Princess Celestia had ordered her to stop any studying for a while to recover. Spike was happy that Twilight was finally getting some rest.

Out of the corner of his eye Spike could see that in the box that once held his bed and stuff was now glowing a purple light. Spike got up and slowly walked over to the box. His morning grogginess was starting to get to him. Spike knew that he had to keep going. Once Spike reached the box he looked inside to find a envelope with a rainbow seal on it. Spike was curious. what was a envelope doing here. Spike reached into the box and pulled out the envelope. It was addressed to him. Now Spike's was getting more curious. Spike opened the it. Inside was a letter. Spike started to read it.

Dear Spike,

If your reading this than that means that I have past one. I won't care if you decided to just throw away this paper. I probably don't deserve to even talk to you, but here I go. Spike you are a special kid. More special than you know. I wish I could see the day that you unlock your full potential, but time had other plans. I only regrets the acts that I have committed in the past, but you can't change the past can you. Also that I wasn't able to see what a great man your going to turn out to be. Oops I can't let too much slip can I? Your just going to have to find out what happens in the future by yourself. Have many chaotic adventures!

Sincerely, Discord.

Spike let a few tears drop from his face. These weren't tears just tears of sorrow, but tears of joy as well. "I'll miss you Discord. We will miss you." Spike said softly to himself.

With Sweetie Belle

Sweetie wasn't able to get must sleep last night. The thought of Discord was displayed heavily on her mind. It was a sad time to go through right now. The loss of a friend was something that was stuck in her thoughts for the longest. The white box that used to hold her stuff and her bed laid on Sweetie Belle's chest. A light began to shine out of it. Sweetie Belle reached inside hoping to pull out something that would help her. Inside she found an envelope with a rainbow seal, it was also addressed to her. Sweetie Belle used her magic to open the envelope and pull out what ever was inside it. It turned out to be a letter.

Dear Sweetie Belle,

I know this probably not a good to write to you about this, but I will anyway. Sweetie Belle you are one of the most talented ponies I have ever seen. You still need to be a little bit open minded, but your still awesome in my books. Keep singing you tune and I'm sure the whole world will want to hear more. I can see it now. Your going to be great. I only wish I could see you and your friend at the top of the world, but I guess I wasn't meant for that. Just keep on singing Sweetie Belle. Keep on singing.

Sincerely, Discord.

Sweetie Belle couldn't believe it. She had gotten a letter from Discord. It was filled with emotion she could tell. A few tears streaked down her face. "I will Discord. I will continue to sing for all of Equestria and even the whole world. After all it is my talent." Sweetie Belle said. There was a flash. Sweetie Belle looked down to find that her cutie mark appeared. It was a treble cleft with musical notes around it.

With Applebloom

Applebloom had woke up earlier that she is used to. Its just that when your friend that you just met dies a few days after you meet them it can really leave an imprint on your mind. "Whats wrong sugar?" asked a sunflower that sat in a pot beside Applebloom as she looked out the window. "Its nothing Maple. Okay ah take it back. Its just that...... a friend of mine past away and ah just feel so useless. Ah could have done somethin."Applebloom said as she looked sad. "Listen dear. Not everything you can control. Its nature. I know you don't want to hear it, but you need to hear it. Not everything last forever." Maple the sunflower said. Applebloom sighed because she knew the plant was right.

Behind her a flash of pale peach light came from the box Discord had put her stuff in. Applebloom walked over to it. With her teeth she pulled out an envelope with a rainbow seal. She raised a hoof that glowed a bright red. The envelope was lifted into the air where the top of it was ripped off and a letter was pulled out. Applebloom began to read.

Dear Applebloom,

You awake? Well of course your awake or else you wouldn't be even reading this letter. Applebloom can you promise me one thing? Can you promise me that no matter what you do you always try and fix it? Any mistake, mishaps, or trouble. You always learn from your mistakes you know. I don't want you to be done in the dumps neither. Put a smile on once in a while after you read this. Your destined for great things. I hope your able to follow the right path. Remember you always get smarter from your mistakes and mistakes were meant to be fixed. You can do it Applebloom I have faith in you.

Sincerely, Discord

Applebloom didn't know what to say. Discord had really put alot of thought into this. "Mistakes are meant to be fixed. Then I will fix all of the mistakes that I make. This I swear." Applebloom said. There was a flash on her flank as she saw it. Her cutie mark. It was an apple with a wrench on top of it. Applebloom beamed.

With Scootaloo

Scootaloo had cried herself to sleep. It was a tough moment for her. She had just lost somepony who see considered to be part of her family. Scootaloo felt so useless. She couldn't help, but to feel that way. Scootaloo almost didn't notice that the purple and orange box that once held her bed and her other stuff. With her chaotic magic she lifted the item in the box. A rainbow sealed envelope that was addressed to her. She opened it to find a tear stained letter.

Dear Scootaloo,

Please don't cry on this letter. I don't think it can take anymore. Scootaloo. I always thought of you as my daughter I never had. I wanted to stay by your side and see you grow into the wonderful mare I know you will become. Sadly I won't be able to do that. I have something to tell you. Draconequuses never truly die. Our magic is spread throughout the entire world. It is what you ponies and us called chaos. Also don't waste your time being sad that I have past on. There was nothing you could have done to prevent that. Speed on to the future, but don't forget about the past. You will always be my little bundle of chaos. I only wish I could see you one last time.

Sincerely, Discord

Scootaloo help the letter close to her heart. "I won't forget you. I will continue on into the future, but I will not forget the past. I will speed forward just like Rainbow Dash." Scootaloo said as her flank flashed. A picture of a purple lightning bolt appeared as her cutie mark. Scootaloo barely noticed as she drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Chapter 6 is up. Comments and suggestions are welcome