• Published 27th Jan 2012
  • 883 Views, 9 Comments

Conflicted Reality - Wayofthepen



During a storm, there is a noise that rocks the whole building...What could it be?

  • ...
 9
 883

Chapter 1: The Descent

The two friends fell at increasing speeds. Mateo just woke up as they were halfway to the water. His vision was blurry, so when he saw grass he thought he was hallucinating. "I must be dead," He thought to himself, "But then where's Scott?" He turned around, realizing that he was falling. He couldn't find him, all he saw was a black blob falling next to him. As he looked down, the water was getting really close. He closed his eyes and braced for impact.

There was a giant splash as the two hit the water, and slowly floated back up. Mateo put his arm around the pony and pulled him to shore. When they were there, they just flopped down and rested. "First getting shot at, now this...Where is Scott?" Coughing was heard next to him. "Guess the animal is fine..." Mateo thought to himself. "Oh god...I feel like the night when all we had was whiskey to drink..." The black pony said. Mateo's head quickly turned to him. "Scott?" The black pony looked towards him slowly, obviously in pain. "Mateo?" The two just gave each other blank stares. "Where are we? We have to be dead, but I was the one shot," Scott made a remark trying to figure out the situation they were in, "Then again, you apparently jumped in. That was before I blacked out." Mateo shrugged. He went to put his hand on his head, but when it brought it to his face it was a hoof. "Scott...Am I a pony?" Scott nodded. They heard the sound of hooves hitting the ground, and turned around. In front of them was a purple unicorn with a dragon on her back.

"Excuse me, but would you happen to know about that?" She pointed one of her forearms in the direction of a swirling vortex, which closed soon after. The two looked at one another, then back at her. "Uhhh....Where are we?" Scott asked her. "The vortex must have cast you from the sky and made you lose your memories...Your on the outskirts of a town called Ponyville in Equestria." Slowly, both of the two friends looked at each other and fell backwards. "You've got to be kidding me..." Mateo shouted out. "What do you mean?" She asked them, with a extremely confused expression on her face. Mateo got up to his hooves and looked at her, but Scott was not as quick to his. "We...Need a moment to talk some things over..." The purple unicorn nodded, and began talking with the dragon on her back. The two trotted a little bit away, just out of earshot. "Did she just say we're in a cartoon?" Mateo asked Scott. "Well, maybe we should follow through with this. We're not exactly in a position of our favor." He said to his friend, peering over at the purple unicorn. "Alright, let's have her take us to Ponyville. We've only seen that one episode so..." Scott trotted off before Mateo could finish.

Slowly, he could hear the two talking as he approached, his bullet wound still hurting. "Can you....Mmph, take us to town?" He tried to say hiding his wound. "Sure, maybe familiar sights will jog your memory. By the way, my name is Twilight Sparkle." She still thinks we're from here, Scott thought to himself as he motioned Mateo to come. "Ponyville is a good trot away. If you keep your eyes open, you might catch Rainbow Dash. She ring any bells?" Scott and Mateo both nodded. "So you do know of her, at least. What do you know about her?" Twilight said hopeful as they began their journey. "She's the greatest flier in all of Equestria, and is constantly trying to join The Wonderbolts." Twilight stopped in her tracks. "What do you know about me?" Scott motioned her to keep leading the way. "Your student of Celestia. I know you haven't seen either of us before, but once we reach your house I will explain everything..." She looked back at him, and couldn't help but wonder who these two were and how they knew so much if they have never even met any one of them.

- - - - - - - - -

The four made it to Ponyville in short time, most of the residents were still talking about the portal. When they arrived with Twilight, most of them stopped and looked at the two. "They know we were the ones falling..." Mateo thought to himself. When they reached Twilight's house, books were cluttered everywhere. She used her magic to shove them aside and made way for a table. She sent a notion that they should sit down. Spike decided he wanted no part and had gone to his bed. "So, explain whats going on." Scott sighed, thinking of how to put it. "We aren't from here, and I don't just mean from around Ponyville or Canterlot, even Equestria for that matter. We know a lot that has happened here, most of it actually..." Twilight looked confused, she was having a hard time understanding. "I can see this is not being clear. That was not a tornado in mid air, but a portal to another universe by the looks of it. You see, we were being attacked when we fell into this hole that had this...Light glowing from it. I had been...Wounded, as you can see." Twilight still didn't understand. "So...Your, from a alternate universe?" Scott nodded. "And...What is it like?" Scott looked towards Mateo, who said to tell her.

Once he told her, she was completely shocked. "How could...Anypony do that to someone?" Scott thought about telling her that where they come from they weren't ponies. That thought quickly was shunned away, remembering that this was the student of Equestria's ruler. Suddenly, the front door flung open. "Twilight, did you hear that loud explosion? Who are these guy's?" Rainbow Dash had finally shown up, only to further complicate things. Telling her this would be even more of a challenge, since she is known to jump to conclusions.